Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Wrangler, engine is EXTRA???

erdoranerdoran Member Posts: 62
edited October 2018 in Jeep
Husband is looking to order a 2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - dealership says there is no "standard" engine, you have to pay $2k extra in order to get the 4 cylinder engine, but there is no "included" engine otherwise. Really? Is this true? I find it hard to believe that I have to pay for the top separately AND $2k for the engine separately.

thanks

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    erdoran said:

Husband is looking to order a 2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - dealership says there is no "standard" engine, you have to pay $2k extra in order to get the 4 cylinder engine, but there is no "included" engine otherwise. Really? Is this true? I find it hard to believe that I have to pay for the top separately AND $2k for the engine separately.

thanks

Why not go to the Jeep website and build one?

It's possible that the 4-cylinder requires an automatic transmission, and that is the extra $2000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• erdoranerdoran Member Posts: 62
    Thanks, kyfdx. Turns out the 4 cyl IS $1k extra, separate from tranny. The hustle was that the 6 cyl is standard; dealer claimed to be unable to order a vehicle with 6 cyl, but they’d be happy to sell us one off the lot :>.

Thanks for all you do for these forums!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    erdoran said:

Thanks, kyfdx. Turns out the 4 cyl IS $1k extra, separate from tranny. The hustle was that the 6 cyl is standard; dealer claimed to be unable to order a vehicle with 6 cyl, but they’d be happy to sell us one off the lot :>.

Thanks for all you do for these forums!

Find another dealer; I can't imagine it's any more difficult to order a 6-cyl than it would be the 4.

They'd just rather sell you something from their existing inventory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• NberkNberk Member Posts: 2
    Don’t know if it’s relevant to you now but they stopped making the v6 to transition to the new Belt start generator hybrid system. The 2.0 will be all that’s made until the v6’s are up and running again. 19’s are now being made and should hit lots next month.