Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Partner Program

eltiodolfoeltiodolfo Member Posts: 112
edited October 2018 in General
Regarding the VW partner program which provides $500 off the Dealer Invoice Price on a new VW. I was wondering how this would be included in a lease deal. Would this be a cap cost reduction?

Is the dealer getting the $500 from VW of America?

More details about the program: http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/partner/program/partner/program

Thanks!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Regarding the VW partner program which provides $500 off the Dealer Invoice Price on a new VW. I was wondering how this would be included in a lease deal. Would this be a cap cost reduction?

Is the dealer getting the $500 from VW of America?

More details about the program: http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/partner/program/partner/program

Thanks!

The vehicle you choose comes at a price that is fixed by the program. ($500 under invoice). The dealer will likely get a payment from VW to make up for the low price, so they aren't doing it for nothing.

Even with that program, you'll have to be vigilant about the dealer marking up the money factor on the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• eltiodolfoeltiodolfo Member Posts: 112
    Thanks, so depending on the car (and other scenarios), it might be better to negotiate a sell price without using this program since I could potentially get a deeper discount than 500 under invoice. Is this a correct assumption?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

Thanks, so depending on the car (and other scenarios), it might be better to negotiate a sell price without using this program since I could potentially get a deeper discount than 500 under invoice. Is this a correct assumption?

Yes, that is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

You can try, but I doubt it. All of the partner programs stipulate that you get all incentives you are eligible for.
    In my experience, you can't beat the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator