Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Subaru Impreza Lease Deals and Prices

1789101113»

Comments

• vlad280vlad280 Member Posts: 19
    kyfdx said:

vlad280 said:

Hello,

may I have RV, MF and incentives for 10k miles 36 mos. lease for 2018 Impreza Hatch Sport with moonroof (no eyesight)? Also, how much is the acquisition fee?

zip code 33009

Thank you,

Stick or CVT?

$595 acquisition fee
    CVT
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    vlad280 said:

kyfdx said:

vlad280 said:

Hello,

may I have RV, MF and incentives for 10k miles 36 mos. lease for 2018 Impreza Hatch Sport with moonroof (no eyesight)? Also, how much is the acquisition fee?

zip code 33009

Thank you,

Stick or CVT?

$595 acquisition fee
    CVT
    .00010 and 59%
    $600 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Mleaf6Mleaf6 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018
    Could you please share MF, residual, and incentives for a 2018 Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Manual/Automatic
    $0 down 12,000 Miles a year. 36 months. zip 01844

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Mleaf6 said:

Could you please share MF, residual, and incentives for a 2018 Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Manual/Automatic
    $0 down 12,000 Miles a year. 36 months. zip 01844

Thank you.

Stick: .00050 MF and 60% residual
    Auto: .00065 MF and 61% residual

$400 dealer incentive on either

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lesseefairlesseefair Member Posts: 132
    May I please have the MF, RV and any incentives for:

2018 Impreza 2.0i base
    Sedan (4 door)
    CVT
    36 months, 12,000 mi/year
    Zip code: 60106

Thank you!

May I please have the MF, RV and any incentives for:

2018 Impreza 2.0i base
    Sedan (4 door)
    CVT
    Zip code: 60106

Thank you!

.00025 and 59%
    $500 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• tdonahoetdonahoe Member Posts: 28
    Can I get MF, residual and incentives for the sedan cvt premium, sport and limited 36/10? Zip 08846. Thanks!
    tdonahoe said:

Can I get MF, residual and incentives for the sedan cvt premium, sport and limited 36/10? Zip 08846. Thanks!

LTD - .00010 and 56%
    PREM - .00010 and 56%
    SPT - .00025 and 56%
    $1000 incentive for all three

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Visited a local dealer's website and requested an "Internet eQuote" on a 2018 Impreza sedan.

This approach was not via TrueCar, etc. I simply clicked on the "Request an eQuote" button for a 2018 Impreza sedan on the dealer's website.

Moments later, I received a solid "purchase price" coupled with a solid MSRP. I was content with the numbers that showed up in my Inbox, so I submitted a request to lease the vehicle, based upon the eQuote price.

Now the dealer is balking; they can't lease the vehicle for the purchase price quoted. They cite manufacturer rebates based upon purchase that can't carry over if the vehicle is leased. (Something like that...)

Is it possible this dealer is actually being honest--that they "cannot" lease me this vehicle based upon the purchase price I received via their eQuote?

They're counter-offering by adding something like $11.00 to the final monthly payment total. That hasn't been officially offered just yet, but that's what they're discussing with me.

Is it worth fighting this? (LOL)

I've understood, from my research, that a dealer is paid-in-full for the negotiated purchase price of a vehicle via the finance company (in this case, Subaru Motors Finance) when a customer leases--and that "paid-in-full" amount also includes any fees rolled into the financing (like a lease acquisition fee, or plates and registration, or a doc fee, etc.).

Is my understand incomplete? Is it not actually so straightforward?

Is a dealer not "reimbursed" for a financed lease in the same way they're "reimbursed" for a financed purchase?

Are leases somehow less profitable for a dealer, so they have to pad the price for which they would be willing to sell the vehicle outright (even if the outright purchase was financed)?

Thank you.

Visited a local dealer's website and requested an "Internet eQuote" on a 2018 Impreza sedan.

This approach was not via TrueCar, etc. I simply clicked on the "Request an eQuote" button for a 2018 Impreza sedan on the dealer's website.

Moments later, I received a solid "purchase price" coupled with a solid MSRP. I was content with the numbers that showed up in my Inbox, so I submitted a request to lease the vehicle, based upon the eQuote price.

Now the dealer is balking; they can't lease the vehicle for the purchase price quoted. They cite manufacturer rebates based upon purchase that can't carry over if the vehicle is leased. (Something like that...)

Is it possible this dealer is actually being honest--that they "cannot" lease me this vehicle based upon the purchase price I received via their eQuote?

They're counter-offering by adding something like $11.00 to the final monthly payment total. That hasn't been officially offered just yet, but that's what they're discussing with me.

I've understood, from my research, that a dealer is paid-in-full for the negotiated purchase price of a vehicle via the finance company (in this case, Subaru Motors Finance) when a customer leases--and that "paid-in-full" amount also includes any fees rolled into the financing (like a lease acquisition fee, or plates and registration, or a doc fee, etc.).

Is a dealer not "reimbursed" for a financed lease in the same way they're "reimbursed" for a financed purchase?

Are leases somehow less profitable for a dealer, so they have to pad the price for which they would be willing to sell the vehicle outright (even if the outright purchase was financed)?

Thank you.

We've covered this - there are often different incentives for lease vs. purchase. When you request a price, the dealer (or their software) assumes you are buying and applies the purchase incentives to the number quoted.

Which is why it's important to tell the dealer you are leasing when you begin negotiations, but that's kind of hard to do via a "click to get price" interface on your computer.

Leasing is simply an alternative to buying with a loan. Dealer has the ability to make money on both the sale price as well as the cost of financing (dealer can mark up the loan rate or the money factor).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Thank you.

We've covered this - there are often different incentives for lease vs. purchase. When you request a price, the dealer (or their software) assumes you are buying and applies the purchase incentives to the number quoted.

Which is why it's important to tell the dealer you are leasing when you begin negotiations, but that's kind of hard to do via a "click to get price" interface on your computer.

Leasing is simply an alternative to buying with a loan. Dealer has the ability to make money on both the sale price as well as the cost of financing (dealer can mark up the loan rate or the money factor).
    Thank you, Michaell.

Yes, we touched on this briefly re: KIA websites regularly posting thousands of dollars in "mysterious" savings next to each and every model they offer.

This is Subaru, and there are no "savings" posted for this Impreza on the website; I received a purchase price in my Inbox when I requested it.

This is a 2018 model that they want off the lot--and the "purchase price" they sent me reflects that. Now they're backpedaling, telling me they can't lease the vehicle for that quoted purchase price.

The thing is, every article I have read on the Internet instructs a buyer to negotiate a purchase price while not disclosing, in advance, an interest in leasing. Every article.

And I have had great success with this approach in the past.

I fully realize that I can't force a dealer to lease me a car for a quoted purchase price, but I posted here last night because I was looking for a "deeper dive" on the details of why that might be.

But if there are different incentives for purchasing vs. leasing--and that incentive information is never made public--then I suppose I have to accept that as the explanation for why this dealer is backpedaling on this quoted purchase price.

Yes, I understand that leasing is simply a financing alternative to purchasing with a loan--but it appears it's not so simple, from the dealer's perspective. It appears there are hidden profit metrics at play.

Thank you.
  • M2DriverM2Driver Member Posts: 40
    Hello, can I please have the mf and residual for a base manual Impreza hatch for 01803.  Looking for 36/10

Michaell said:

Thank you.

Thank you, Michaell.

Yes, we touched on this briefly re: KIA websites regularly posting thousands of dollars in "mysterious" savings next to each and every model they offer.

This is Subaru, and there are no "savings" posted for this Impreza on the website; I received a purchase price in my Inbox when I requested it.

This is a 2018 model that they want off the lot--and the "purchase price" they sent me reflects that. Now they're backpedaling, telling me they can't lease the vehicle for that quoted purchase price.

The thing is, every article I have read on the Internet instructs a buyer to negotiate a purchase price while not disclosing, in advance, an interest in leasing. Every article.

I fully realize that I can't force a dealer to lease me a car for a quoted purchase price, but I posted here last night because I was looking for a "deeper dive" on the details of why that might be.

But if there are different incentives for purchasing vs. leasing--and that incentive information is never made public--then I suppose I have to accept that as the explanation for why this dealer is backpedaling on this quoted purchase price.

Yes, I understand that leasing is simply a financing alternative to purchasing with a loan--but it appears it's not so simple, from the dealer's perspective. It appears there are hidden profit metrics at play.

Thank you.
    One approach to get the best price is to get the dealers to bid against each other for the right to earn your business.

And yes, there may very well be hidden incentives between the factory and dealer we know nothing about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

M2Driver said:

Hello, can I please have the mf and residual for a base manual Impreza hatch for 01803.  Looking for 36/10

What ZIP code?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• M2DriverM2Driver Member Posts: 40
    Michaell said:

Thank you.

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Thank you.

Thank you, Michaell.

Thank you.
    One approach to get the best price is to get the dealers to bid against each other for the right to earn your business.

And yes, there may very well be hidden incentives between the factory and dealer we know nothing about.
    Understood, thank you.

The issue is, this is the very last 2018 Impreza in the entire Chicago-Milwaukee area, so there were no dealers to bid against one another, etc.

The MSRP was $20,589 and they "volunteered" a purchase price of $17,057, which would've yielded a monthly payment of $168, with lease acquisition, doc fee and license plates rolled into the financing.

As you know, the money factor is .00025, which yielded $7.30 per month in interest.

It would've been a great deal--very much inline with my previous car lease deals.

Whatever the case, I received a text from the dealer this morning. Someone has placed a deposit on the vehicle and they'll let me know if the deal doesn't go through.

I'm not holding my breath.

It's all good. I didn't love this dealer, regardless of the price. LOL

Onward and upward!

Again, thank you for your replies.
    M2Driver said:

Sorry, didn't see the ZIP code the first time around.

.00050 and 61%
    $400 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Thank you.

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Thank you.

Thank you, Michaell.

Thank you.

Understood, thank you.

The issue is, this is the very last 2018 Impreza in the entire Chicago-Milwaukee area, so there were no dealers to bid against one another, etc.

The MSRP was $20,589 and they "volunteered" a purchase price of $17,057, which would've yielded a monthly payment of $168, with lease acquisition, doc fee and license plates rolled into the financing.

As you know, the money factor is .00025, which yielded $7.30 per month in interest.

It would've been a great deal--very much inline with my previous car lease deals.

Whatever the case, I received a text from the dealer this morning. Someone has placed a deposit on the vehicle and they'll let me know if the deal doesn't go through.

I'm not holding my breath.

It's all good. I didn't love this dealer, regardless of the price. LOL

Onward and upward!

Again, thank you for your replies.
    The downside of trying to grab an end-of-model-year deal - inventory is scarce.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ApplephanApplephan Member Posts: 52
    Hello,

Please provide me with the MF, RV and any lease incentives for a CVT Premium Hatch, 15 k/yr, 36 months, and zip code 07960.

Thank you.
    Applephan said:

Hello,

Please provide me with the MF, RV and any lease incentives for a CVT Premium Hatch, 15 k/yr, 36 months, and zip code 07960.

Thank you.

.00010 MF and 56% residual
    $400 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wzza1610wzza1610 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    May I please have the MF, RV and any incentives/rebates for:

2018 and 2019 Impreza 2.0i base
    Sedan (4 door)
    CVT
    36 months, 15,000 mi/year
    Zip code: 01845

Do you know if anyone will accept multiple security deposits?

Thank you
    wzza1610 said:

May I please have the MF, RV and any incentives/rebates for:

2018 Impreza 2.0i base
    Sedan (4 door)
    CVT
    36 months, 15,000 mi/year
    Zip code: 01845

Do you know if anyone will accept multiple security deposits?

Thank you

.00025 and 57%
    $400 incentive

No MSD program for Subaru

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• charmerxcharmerx Member Posts: 22
    Could you please provide the MF, RV and Incentives/Rebates:

2019 Impreza 2.0i Base
    Hatch (5 door)
    Manual
    36 months, 10k mi/yr
    Zip 30062
    charmerx said:

Could you please provide the MF, RV and Incentives/Rebates:

2019 Impreza 2.0i Base
    Hatch (5 door)
    Manual
    36 months, 10k mi/yr
    Zip 30062

Please post in the 2019 Impreza lease thread, here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52101/subaru/impreza/2019-subaru-impreza-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rlembkerlembke Member Posts: 39
    Can I get MF, Residual and incentives for:

2018 Impreza Sport Hatch, CVT, 36/15, 66224

Thanks!
    rlembke said:

Can I get MF, Residual and incentives for:

2018 Impreza Sport Hatch, CVT, 36/15, 66224

Thanks!

$600 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• adn762adn762 Member Posts: 1
    Can I get MF, RV, and incentives for

2018 Impreza 2.0i base
    Hatch (5 door)
    Manual
    Zip code: 20601
    adn762 said:

Can I get MF, RV, and incentives for

2018 Impreza 2.0i base
    Hatch (5 door)
    Manual
    Zip code: 20601

.00050 MF and 60% residual
    $500 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MadbeermanMadbeerman Member Posts: 4
    Good Morning! Looking for Rebate / MF / RV on a 2018 Sport Hatch CVT - 36 / 15k. Zip = 98383. Many thanks!

Good Morning! Looking for Rebate / MF / RV on a 2018 Sport Hatch CVT - 36 / 15k. Zip = 98383. Many thanks!

$600 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

$600 dealer incentive
    Novemeber #'s the same? Supposed to pick her up Thursday evening and just want to double check :) - Thanks for your help!

kyfdx said:

$600 dealer incentive
    Novemeber #'s the same? Supposed to pick her up Thursday evening and just want to double check :) - Thanks for your help!
    .00010 and 54%
    $100 Zone Retailer Lease Cash
    $400 Retailer Lease Cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    .00010 MF and 56% residual $600 dealer incentive
    .00010 and 54% $100 Zone Retailer Lease Cash $400 Retailer Lease Cash
    Yeah exactly what he told me when I came in he post dated the deal and gave me the better RV and rebates from 10/31 when I picked her up last night. Thanks for the info 👍🏼 - just a really stand up guy I dealt with!

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

$600 dealer incentive
    .00010 and 54%
    $100 Zone Retailer Lease Cash
    $400 Retailer Lease Cash

Yeah exactly what he told me when I came in he post dated the deal and gave me the better RV and rebates from 10/31 when I picked her up last night. Thanks for the info 👍🏼 - just a really stand up guy I dealt with!

Congrats on the new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• angelas210210angelas210210 Member Posts: 6
    hi, can I get the money factor and residual for 2018 impreza premium and limited hatch. 36/10k, zip code 44505

thanks a bunch

hi, can I get the money factor and residual for 2018 impreza premium and limited hatch. 36/10k, zip code 44505

thanks a bunch

Limited - .00010 and 57%; $1050 incentive
    Premium - .00010 and 58%; $500 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• angelas210210angelas210210 Member Posts: 6
    can i also get 2018 impreza sport hatch? 36/10k forgot about sport

can i also get 2018 impreza sport hatch? 36/10k forgot about sport

Assuming automatic

.00010 MF and 57% residual
    $600 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• imariquinnimariquinn Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2018
    Hello, can I get the MF/RV for 90065 for a 2018 Hatch Limited and a Sedan Limited with CVT 10/36 and 12/36? Thank you.

Hello, can I get the MF/RV for 90065 for a 2018 Hatch Limited and a Sedan Limited with CVT 10/36 and 12/36? Thank you.

36/12
    LTD Sedan - .00010 and 54%; $1100 incentive
    LTD Hatch - .00010 and 56%; $1050 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• imariquinnimariquinn Member Posts: 96
    Michaell said:

36/12
    Thanks. My daughter leased a 2018 Impreza 5DR Limited with Nav, Moonroof, Pkg 35, Eyesight, etc., up for $25,450 (17% off) MSRP of $30,521, in Los Angeles today. $250/mo including 9.5% tax with $756 drive offs including first payment, tire tax, tag, registration, doc fee for 10K/36mos. I think the incentive of $1050 was figured into the selling price.

Daughter did not have a Subaru ambassador or a loyalty coupon - but we SHOULD have pursued it more to sweeten the deal. I did all the negotiating today for my daughter via emails to several dealers that still had 2018's, and after some back and forth, the car was ready for her to sign and drive tonight.

I know the 2018's, especially the loaded eyesight ones are almost gone since the 2019's have arrived but there are still some out there to make some deals.

Michaell said:

36/12
    Thanks. My daughter leased a 2018 Impreza 5DR Limited with Nav, Moonroof, Pkg 35, Eyesight, etc., up for $25,450 (17% off) MSRP of $30,521, in Los Angeles today. $250/mo including 9.5% tax with $756 drive offs including first payment, tire tax, tag, registration, doc fee for 10K/36mos. I think the incentive of $1050 was figured into the selling price.

Daughter did not have a Subaru ambassador or a loyalty coupon - but we SHOULD have pursued it more to sweeten the deal. I did all the negotiating today for my daughter via emails to several dealers that still had 2018's, and after some back and forth, the car was ready for her to sign and drive tonight.

I know the 2018's, especially the loaded eyesight ones are almost gone since the 2019's have arrived but there are still some out there to make some deals.
    Looks like a great deal. Congrats!
    Thanks for the report

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• twinlabstwinlabs Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2019
    need residual and money factor for 2018 Impreza 2.0 Limited Sedan with moonroof, Eyesight, Starlink and Blindspot

36 months/15k miles in zip = 45040. also, are there any current incentives/rebates?

twinlabs said:

need residual and money factor for 2018 Impreza 2.0 Limited Sedan with moonroof, Eyesight, Starlink and Blindspot

36 months/15k miles in zip = 45040. also, are there any current incentives/rebates?

The lease programs for the 2018 Impreza have ended.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• twinlabstwinlabs Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2019
    thanks.
    do you know where i could find current residual values for this car ('18 Impreza 2.0 Limited Sedan)?
    twinlabs said:

thanks.
    do you know where i could find current residual values for this car ('18 Impreza 2.0 Limited Sedan)?

They don't exist; that's why the lease support has ended.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator