Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 BMW X3 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Bnss said:

Is there certain terminology I should use when talking about lease price/selling price/out the door price, etc.? Do these all mean the same?

For example, using the lease calculator on edmunds.com I calculated total monthly payments by using a selling price of $45k, plus acquisition and document fee (are there additional fees we should pay?), to get gross cap. cost. Then I took away any incentives and rebates from this total, to get net cap. cost. So when I tell a dealer I want a selling price of $45k do you think they interpret that as selling price plus fees & TTL, including incentives, or before incentives? I want to be sure I'm saying it right and calculating right.

Let the dealer make the first offer, and get a complete breakdown of the price. That way, no explanations are needed. You can craft your counter-offers to match their template.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• BnssBnss Member Posts: 56
    Ok, that's what I'll do. I told them I wanted $45k as selling price and he agreed. When I asked him to send the sheet with all numbers he had $46k as selling price, plus fees, and then minus a rebate of $1000. Seems like this is 1k over what I asked for, since 45k minus $1000 rebate gives 44k final. But again, I don't know how to interpret these things 100%. Also, there are a couple of extra fees that I'm not familiar with and I want to be sure I'm not agreeing to extra random fees as well. Thank you!
  • Lucky_83Lucky_83 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kyfdx, Michaell and everyone...how is this lease for California (Pleasanton)?

I am doing a trade in washout for my 2016 lexus and dealer has come down from 572.80 to 550 (yet to receive that worksheet) assuming they have further reduced the cap cost. I'll be signing something tomorrow....but do you think I can get to $530ish? Any leverage/advice?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    Lucky_83 said:

Hi Kyfdx, Michaell and everyone...how is this lease for California (Pleasanton)?

I am doing a trade in washout for my 2016 lexus and dealer has come down from 572.80 to 550 (yet to receive that worksheet) assuming they have further reduced the cap cost. I'll be signing something tomorrow....but do you think I can get to $530ish? Any leverage/advice?

First, we recommend you don't negotiate the payment, but rather the selling price.

And, in CA, we prefer you only pay the first payment and DMV costs - you'll have a higher payment, but you won't risk losing the up front cash if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Bnss said:

Ok, that's what I'll do. I told them I wanted $45k as selling price and he agreed. When I asked him to send the sheet with all numbers he had $46k as selling price, plus fees, and then minus a rebate of $1000. Seems like this is 1k over what I asked for, since 45k minus $1000 rebate gives 44k final. But again, I don't know how to interpret these things 100%. Also, there are a couple of extra fees that I'm not familiar with and I want to be sure I'm not agreeing to extra random fees as well. Thank you!

What fees are those?

And yes, pricing can be interpreted many ways, unfortunately, as you are seeing here.

You know what price target you want, so stick to it. Either the dealer will eventually agree, or they won't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Total Inception Fees of $688.26, Acquisition Fee of $925, "Fees & Insurance" of $354, Doc/Title Conv of $160, Inspection of $7, and License of $187. I'm only familiar with Acquisition and Doc. Fee...? Leasing the car in 75219 zip but will probably register in 70605 zip.

Yes, I see that, and I assume they interpret it to benefit them.

Good plan, thank you!
    Bnss said:

Total Inception Fees of $688.26, Acquisition Fee of $925, "Fees & Insurance" of $354, Doc/Title Conv of $160, Inspection of $7, and License of $187. I'm only familiar with Acquisition and Doc. Fee...? Leasing the car in 75219 zip but will probably register in 70605 zip.

Good plan, thank you!

Keep asking questions to the dealer until you fully understand the answers you're given.

You're doing great, just be patient.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

But is the lease looking ok number wise?
    Bnss said:

Good plan, thank you!

Those are typical fees for Texas

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Lucky_83 said:

But is the lease looking ok number wise?

The deal would be average, without the money factor markup.
    That adds $30/mo.

Looks like they've already dropped $22/mo., which is good.

Yes, I think you can get to the $530s, with the $5000 upfront

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
  • lowleasinglowleasing Member Posts: 3
    Lucky_83 said:

Were you able to close the deal and land at 530? Any tips?
    Well final price landed at $544. I think it was reasonable.
  • stealthmode29stealthmode29 Member Posts: 23
    Morning all, just wanted to share the deal I closed on with the help of the mods on here:

MF: .00182
    Residual: 59%

2019 BMW X3 xdrive30i
    MSRP: $ 51,295
    Selling price before incentives:$ 45,500
    Incentives: 1500 loyalty, 500 USAA
    New Cap Cost: $ 43,500
    Down payment: Taxes(8.875)/DMV(new plates )/1st month/acquisition fee/Doc fees/Gas: $3667.92
    Monthly : $ 501.92

Thanks to this forum for my 2nd great lease deal. Have a great day.

• pete7_lipete7_li Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2018
    Hi! Could the moderators please provide the MF, residual, any incentives for zip code 21045 (Maryland) on an X3 M40i for a 36/12k lease? Also, what level of discount can be reasonably (or aggressively) negotiated in general, not including incentives? Lastly, do you have any advice on what the cash down should include (i.e., first payment, fees, etc.) in Maryland, I don't want to put down more than I should/have to on a leased vehicle.

Thanks so much!
    @stealthmode29 I tried the same $500 rebate and was told by two different dealers that it doesn't change the price, that it's completely separate, and I'd receive a check later on in the mail. Curious how yours altered the cap cost?
    edited November 2018
    @bnss I left it off till the last offer he gave me ( see my post of the breakdown with original cap cost at 44000 ), then I said, if I have USAA that's applicable too right ? My salesman said yes and applied it ( bringing cap cost to 43500 ) You do have to print out the certificate because it has a code that they need. I simply handed it to him and that was that.
    edited November 2018
    @stealthmode29 I see. They told me that basically rebates don't apply to cap cost. Reading again it looks like you may be talking about a discount that I'm not eligible for, and not a rebate. Either way, what a great deal you got! I'm trying to get nearly the same deal, and every dealer is giving me such a hard time. Following up one last time today with them...fingers crossed.

Morning all, just wanted to share the deal I closed on with the help of the mods on here:

MF: .00182
    Residual: 59%

2019 BMW X3 xdrive30i
    MSRP: $ 51,295
    Selling price before incentives:$ 45,500
    Incentives: 1500 loyalty, 500 USAA
    New Cap Cost: $ 43,500
    Down payment: Taxes(8.875)/DMV(new plates )/1st month/acquisition fee/Doc fees/Gas: $3667.92
    Monthly : $ 501.92

Thanks to this forum for my 2nd great lease deal. Have a great day.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

pete7_li said:

Hi! Could the moderators please provide the MF, residual, any incentives for zip code 21045 (Maryland) on an X3 M40i for a 36/12k lease? Also, what level of discount can be reasonably (or aggressively) negotiated in general, not including incentives? Lastly, do you have any advice on what the cash down should include (i.e., first payment, fees, etc.) in Maryland, I don't want to put down more than I should/have to on a leased vehicle.

Thanks so much!

.00182 MF and 58% residual

Research pricing, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

1st payment, doc fee and DMV fee is all you need to put upfront. (1st payment + $600 in MD)
    Dealers like to ask for more upfront, because it makes the payment lower, and the vehicle seem less expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pete7_lipete7_li Member Posts: 37
    kyfdx said:

pete7_li said:

Thanks so much!

.00182 MF and 58% residual

Research pricing, here:

1st payment, doc fee and DMV fee is all you need to put upfront. (1st payment + $600 in MD)
    Dealers like to ask for more upfront, because it makes the payment lower, and the vehicle seem less expensive.
    Thanks so much!
    @bnss good luck. As I've learned on here:
    Make sure the MF and Residual are consistent with the lease length and zip code. Any dealer not giving me the base MF and Residual was automatically disqualified in my book.
    Don't negotiate the monthly, its all about the cap cost/selling price- they ALWAYS say, " where do you want to be monthly ?" I ALWAYS came back at them with whats the best you can do on the cap cost. It also helps if you are up front with them about exactly what you want and how soon you are ready to do business. I always said I was ready to business same day. Don't fall for the " why don't you come in blah blah blah "- All negotiations can be done via phone and email. I always politely said I don't have time to come in because of my work schedule and would rather only come in to pick up the car.
    Make sure the out of pocket is only the bare minimum which is usually as I stated in my previous post but perhaps different for your state.
    Lastly, there are decent salesman out there. Sometimes, they just want to avoid the whole song and dance too. As soon as they know they are dealing with an educated consumer, they cut a lot of the fluff out. My salesman actually commended me saying " that's how you buy a car " lol. I know for a fact that I got a good deal too, I did give other dealers a shot to counter but they were only able to get it down by 5.00 more a month and I would have to wait a week for them to locate and swap. For convenience and the fact that I needed to run a ton of errands, I said thanks but no thanks.

@kyfdx thanks appreciate it!
    @stealthmode29 great advice!! I have learned as I've gone, thanks to everyone here. This is my first go around with leasing, and it's been such a learning experience. I think I've been more hesitant because I'm unsure of what's right/wrong to say, or what to hold back, in fear they will screw me over. lol. The finish line is getting closer and I'm relaxing a little bit more in the process. Thanks again.
    Bnss said:

@stealthmode29 great advice!! I have learned as I've gone, thanks to everyone here. This is my first go around with leasing, and it's been such a learning experience. I think I've been more hesitant because I'm unsure of what's right/wrong to say, or what to hold back, in fear they will screw me over. lol. The finish line is getting closer and I'm relaxing a little bit more in the process. Thanks again.

The more you are prepared, the more you can negotiate with confidence. Keep asking questions, both here and with the salespeople you work with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Are rebates used to lower cap cost, or is it true that they are completely separate from the deal? Also, I called Louisiana (70605) DMV and was told motor vehicle leases are tax exempt. Not sure I believe that $0 in taxes will apply to cap. cost...? If so, great!
    Bnss said:

Are rebates used to lower cap cost, or is it true that they are completely separate from the deal? Also, I called Louisiana (70605) DMV and was told motor vehicle leases are tax exempt. Not sure I believe that $0 in taxes will apply to cap. cost...? If so, great!

Leases in LA are taxed monthly. I think the sales tax rate is around 10%?

Yes, rebates are used to lower the CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2018
    I thought so, but not sure why she said there isn't.

Ok. I was told by two dealers that they're mail-in separate forms where I get mailed back something like a Visa card with the rebate amount on it. Any advice on what to say to them besides "liar" if so? haha. The rebate I'm speaking about is the bmwcca one.
    Another maybe dumb question-does it benefit the dealer to roll TTL into the deal, or is there an option to pay it outright to them, separate?
    Bnss said:

I thought so, but not sure why she said there isn't.

Ok. I was told by two dealers that they're mail-in separate forms where I get mailed back something like a Visa card with the rebate amount on it. Any advice on what to say to them besides "liar" if so? haha. The rebate I'm speaking about is the bmwcca one.

That's true for BMW CCA

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Bnss said:

Another maybe dumb question-does it benefit the dealer to roll TTL into the deal, or is there an option to pay it outright to them, separate?

There is no option to pay the tax upfront in LA. The tax is levied and collected on the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What about in TX? Same stipulations?
    Bnss said:

What about in TX? Same stipulations?

You pay tax where you live, not where you buy the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• eyemd2010eyemd2010 Member Posts: 28
    kyfdx or Michaell, if you can comment if the numbers make sense on this quote I got on a 2019 X3 Sdrive.

36 month/10k miles
    MSRP: $48,385
    Selling Price: $42,474

$1330 due at signing, $585 a month CA tax included in the $585.
    eyemd2010 said:

kyfdx or Michaell, if you can comment if the numbers make sense on this quote I got on a 2019 X3 Sdrive.

36 month/10k miles
    MSRP: $48,385
    Selling Price: $42,474

$1330 due at signing, $585 a month CA tax included in the $585.

.00182 MF and 59% residual

If I add the $925 acquisition fee, that looks about right.

Not a bad deal, given the lease program you have to work with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• eyemd2010eyemd2010 Member Posts: 28
     Can you give me numbers on a one pay lease for 36/10 92110 
    eyemd2010 said:

Can you give me numbers on a one pay lease for 36/10 92110 

.00152 MF is the only change for one-pay

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lexrjlexrj Member Posts: 27
    Any thoughts on the following deal?
    2019 X3 sdrive - 10k/36 - SoCal
    MSRP 46645
    Sale Price: 39545
    MF: .00212
    Down: $1500
    Mo Pay $517 (tax incl.)
    lexrj said:

MSRP 46645
    Mo Pay $517 (tax incl.)

Is $1500 the total amount due at signing?
    If so, it's a decent deal. But, the money factor markup is adding $20/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tubkit3_tubkit3_ Member Posts: 13
    I would appreciate the MF and residual for a 2019 XDrive X3 for 36months/10k miles. Also are there any incentives? Zip code 94116 San Francisco. Thanks
    tubkit3_ said:

I would appreciate the MF and residual for a 2019 XDrive X3 for 36months/10k miles. Also are there any incentives? Zip code 94116 San Francisco. Thanks

.00182 and 59%
    no incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Bushmonstr8Bushmonstr8 Member Posts: 1
    Hello , new to the forum I am extremely torn between the 2 models as I currently have the 2016 3.5xm model . Anyways, do you have the MF & Residuals for 2019 X3 xdrive30 & M40i for 36/12 & 36/15 for zip code 07054

Hello , new to the forum I am extremely torn between the 2 models as I currently have the 2016 3.5xm model . Anyways, do you have the MF & Residuals for 2019 X3 xdrive30 & M40i for 36/12 & 36/15 for zip code 07054

36/15
    .00182 MF and 56% residual for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tom_558tom_558 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,
    Getting the lease return checkout on our 2016 X3 and looking at a 2019 X3 lease. Zip code 94558. 36/10 lease.
    MF and residual would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    tom_558 said:

Hello all,
    Getting the lease return checkout on our 2016 X3 and looking at a 2019 X3 lease. Zip code 94558. 36/10 lease.
    MF and residual would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Tom

.00182 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lexrjlexrj Member Posts: 27
    kyfdx said:

lexrj said:

MSRP 46645
    Mo Pay $517 (tax incl.)

Yes.
    Ended up signing a diff deal on a loaner with 4k miles.
    MSRP: 49245
    Sale Price: 40583
    $1500 rebate applied towards down payment.
    Total Due at signing: $1500
    Mo Pay: $517 (tax incl.)
    Dont know the MF but I'm assuming it was .00212, was happy with 20% off.
    lexrj said:

kyfdx said:

lexrj said:

MSRP 46645
    Mo Pay $517 (tax incl.)

Yes.
    Ended up signing a diff deal on a loaner with 4k miles.
    MSRP: 49245
    Sale Price: 40583
    $1500 rebate applied towards down payment.
    Total Due at signing: $1500
    Mo Pay: $517 (tax incl.)
    Dont know the MF but I'm assuming it was .00212, was happy with 20% off.
    Congrats on the new X3!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aa2015aa2015 Member Posts: 13
    Hello, I’d like to get some input on a price I got for a 2019 X3 I’m interested in buying with msrp $47,645.00. I got quoted $42,000 minus $1500.00 credit for current owner does this seem like a good price or what should I aim for ? (This price was given by requesting via the Costco car buying program)
    aa2015 said:

Hello, I’d like to get some input on a price I got for a 2019 X3 I’m interested in buying with msrp $47,645.00. I got quoted $42,000 minus $1500.00 credit for current owner does this seem like a good price or what should I aim for ? (This price was given by requesting via the Costco car buying program)

Seems like a good quote on price.

Check here for Edmunds price tool:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aa2015aa2015 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks kyfdx, I didn’t know what to expect inquiring as a Costco member as I’ve heard you can  negociate a better deal on your own. I’ll hold off on this purchase as I’ve just returned my X3 lease and wanted to buy this time but it’s gonna have to wait. 
  • JCarrJCarr Member Posts: 3
    Do you have the MF & Residuals for 2019 X3 xdrive30i for 36months/12k miles in Ohio, 44139? Any incentives? Also, can I stack loyalty and holiday bonus? Thank you.