Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew - Events

1454647484951»

Comments

• css1css1 Member Posts: 247
    It was great to see you and Bob as well. I had a great time.

My lease is due December '10. My youngest will be driving.
    I believe the Tribeca will be new as well.

Forester? Outback? Tribeca? any one will suit my needs. The state of the economy will play an important factor as well as the college my younger one chooses.

Hopefully Subaru will re-content (for lack of a better word) the Outback and Forester.

In the meantime, this summer I'll be looking for a car for my older daughter. She can have anything she wants.................as long as it's a Subaru of course!

Charlie
  • dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    January 14-17, 2010 - http://www.48hrs.info/

http://www.sharbor.com/subaru/200912/insider.html#sce

I assume that's Mike's '05 GT wagon front, left of center.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,780
    The 48hrs of Tristate drive, now in its ninth year, now in its ninth year, benefits the American Cancer Society and takes place January 14-17, 2010.

So, is it really in its ninth year?! :P

That would be so much fun. Unfortunate that I am just a little outside the Tristate area. Bob, juice - have either of you participated in this with Mike?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    No, and can't do this year either. Money is tight and I have an upcoming wedding to pay for. :)

Bob
    Hahaha - that you do! :P

Money is tight <-- I know how that is. :sick:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I may try to make it up. For me it's several hours just to get to the beginning of the trip, but it would be cool to make it for the SoA portion, perhaps.

Our nanny will be on vacation so I have to figure out logistics and stuff.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Nothing new expected from Subaru; except maybe the recently announced STI SE and WRX Limited, which debuted at LA earlier this month.

They will have a press announcement on Tuesday, 1/11; but it will be about their record sales this year.

Bummer... :(

Bob
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    The '48hrs' crew is indeed rolling. I caught Mike by cell phone on the NJ Turnpike around exit 7. I'm looking to try and catch up to them on the road sometime Sunday afternoon/evening when they pass thru southern Dutchess County if I can break away from family stuff.
    That sounds like it would be a blast! I hope you are successful!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Wish I could have made it up. Just too much going on here at work.

Have fun, guys!
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon's little ice storm thru a big monkey wrench into the family plans as all sorts of activities ended up being cancelled. We spent the time running around picking up kids, grabbing dinner out as a family, etc. Maybe next year??

Hope you guys had a great ride. I gave a 'virtual wave' and a 'high-five' as you cruised on by within 5 miles of me.
    Well, there's nothing like a little quality family time! "Hey, kids, let's go for a drive...." ;)

I spent my weekend building a set of stairs between our ground floor and the entryway which has certainly been a long time coming. Unfortunately, I was not being all that patient with my family, so I definitely scored an "F" (in an academic sense) from the family. :( I will have to work on that.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    In case you guys were interested...

http://48hrs.info

This is the 10th year and we are on track to hit well over $35,000 in donations!

We are also getting a personal tour of the SIA factory!

-mike
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    A pity us folks in the NW (Wash, Or, etc...) never seem to have any Subaru events.
    That's kinda amazing given that Subaru Outbacks could essentially be called Oregon's State Car (we have tons of them on the roads in Portland).
    If anyone here near OR or WA hears of any events, I would appreciate learning how to attend them!
    NASA Northeast has released it's HPDE Schedule for 2011. What is an HPDE? It's a High Performance Drivers Education course. Essentially it gives you about 2hrs of track time per day and 1 hr of classroom instruction as well as your own personal instructor in your car with you on track. The HPDE program gives you an opportunity to hone your skills in your own car in a controlled safe environment.

AZP Installs also runs the Timing and Scoring area and will be attending all the race weekends where there is not only HPDE events but actual racing on track! Come out and check it out!

http://NASANE.com

April 2 - Sat. Lime Rock Park, CT
    HPDE ONLY - Registration is open! FULL DAY!

April 15 - 17 NJMP Lightning Course
    HPDE & RACE & Comp School

May 2 & 3 (Mon/Tue) Watkins Glen, NY
    HPDE & Instructors Only

June 6 - Mon. Lime Rock Park, CT
    HPDE

July 15 - 17 Pocono Long Courses
    HPDE & RACE

Aug. 5 - 7 NJMP Lightning Course
    HPDE & RACE

Sept. 3 - 4 Pocono Long Courses
    HPDE & RACE

Sept. 8 - 11 Mid-Ohio
    NASA Natl. Championships

Sept. 30 Oct. 1 - 2 Watkins Glen, NY
    HPDE & RACE

Oct. 28 - 30 NJMP Thunderbolt
    HPDE & RACE

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
  • wheresteklawherestekla Member Posts: 2
    Too bad I'm joining this group a year too late. Maybe you will see this reply, maybe you won't. Too bad. The NW has LOTS of great events for Suby lovers!!! For starters, check out The Oregon Rally Group, which hosts monthly amateur rally cross, auto cross, and stage events as well as The Oregon Trail Rally (part of the Rally America Championship series...) where top competitors come every year (Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, and Ken Block ring a bell?) !! Washington also hosts the Olympus Rally in the same circuit. Around July or Aug there's the always amazing West Coast Subaru Show (WCSS 14 this year... Google it) with rotating venues... You really didn't do your homework on this one. YES the SUBY is the OFFICIAL vehicle of the NW!!! And we DO have the events to prove it!
    Hey just a heads up that we are running a private track day mostly for subies on June 19 at NJMP Thunderbolt.

http://AZPTrackEvents.com

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor