Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    When our youngest was in HS we switched from an odyssey to the RDX. Wife likes the view, and I’ll always have some sort of box for hauling bulky stuff. So will stay with a compact to midsize CUV or wagon like a V60.

My car, could be anything, like still a sedan.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Yeah, the Venza is more equivalent to the Ford Edge. Full on CUV.
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    My wife is torn. She's come around to CUVs as I've had one since '09. The ride height, easier entry/exit, AWD for winter, and cargo capacity (and easy loading) are appealing. Neither of us drives a lot of miles; she just rolled 39K after 7 years, so outstanding fuel economy is not a primary feature we need.

She also prefers small cars and to her, her '12 Elantra is almost too big for her to comfortably drive. She's only driven my QX60 a couple of times on the highway. Something the size of the Tucson might work but she'd prob go more for the Kona. Having had good experiences with Hyundai she's likely to stay with them.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I was going to say, if she likes the Elantra, Kona could be perfect.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    In the parking lot at work...
    White Corolla, Burgundy Odyssey, Black Tacoma. Pretty Average stuff.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Just have to add 2 more Crosstours yesterday .. one black, one white and my neighbor's is silver so not the same one multiple times.

Stickguy, yes on the Kona but Ioniq is also a possibility if she decides to stay on the sedan side of things. She's never been a big fan of hatchbacks but the crappy trunk openings of most cars nowadays is, I think, influencing her. Sure, the groceries and whatnot physically fit in the trunk but the openings and necessary bending over (she bends over a lot for her job & often has a sore back) are detractors.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    I about 20 minutes, spotted 4 Tesla's. 3S's and a gray 3 with really ugly wheels.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    The base wheels on a 3 are awkward, resembling hubcaps. They scream "cheap [non-permissible content removed]" in a way, good strategy to sell the higher model. Basic S and X wheels are also easy to see, they look small.
  • Options
    Saw it yesterday and wasn't sure what it was. Saw it again today, a white Honda Clarity.
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    edited October 2018
    The base wheels include the aero covers, which apparently add approx 5% more range to the car:

If you don't like them, they can be taken off and reveal the stock wheels underneath:

I like that they give you the option.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    @tifighter,
    Yes those are the wheels I saw.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Do they overheat your brakes 5% faster too?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    Kind of like the Prius, has actual wheels under the dorky covers. 5% seems like a strong claim, but given that all the guts are in the lower half, maybe.

Saw an RS3, not common.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Two Tesla 3s appeared at the same time at work, red and blue. The four charging stations at work are now regularly booked, including a BMW X5 plugin.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    Things might get ugly when #5 shows up...
  • Options
    Texas, I thought about that. I've read of the electric hierarchy, the disdain full BEV folks have for plugins, who overstay their welcome at the charging stations!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    That would be a friendly email “Any chance I could have the charger around lunch time?”

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    edited October 2018
    We have a small office of nine, with four of those driving EVs. There is one charger. It hasn't been an issue at our size; everyone has figured out their time slot. More people would create more obvious complications. We'd just add more chargers, but as the batteries get bigger, I could foresee a time when we wouldn't need to. I'm actually out of the schedule now, but some of the guys are coming from the burbs with 1st gen Leafs. They need to charge.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    I work in an office campus of 5 buildings, and my building might have close to 1000 people. As far as I know, there are 2 EV spots. If you get there by 6, you might get one, otherwise, good luck. There was a Model S that would monopolize it for eons, haven't seen it around lately, maybe someone read them the riot act. I've seen at least 3 Model 3s in the garage as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    We have about 250 parked cars between office and warehouse team members at any given time.  

The only Tesla owner has moved on and we have no charging station.  I don’t think we ever will.   Kinda surprising they didn’t install one when they did the solar panels on the roof.  It was a pretty big deal being the largest array in the state at the time (maybe still, not sure).  The charging station would have been a nice little value add to the whole thing.   

• Options
    Yeah, four building office park here, ~1200 folks. Four stations, but not always in use. Two Tesla 3s, a few Prii, couple of Ford C-Max and the BMW X5e, by my count are the consumers. So, hopefully there will be an open spot for the i8 I don't own. Yet? Probably not. Probably. Nah, doesn't make sense. 3 more years of tuition...

• Options
    In the parking lot at work...
    2 new Jetta's, a black one and a white one.
    Also a new Lexus, IS350? Looked a bit muscular.
    After that, a couple of blocks up the street, a new black XC40.
  • Options
    A white Volvo V60 wagon.
    Also saw a couple of Jaguar XF wagons, was poking around a car dealer lot.
    Had no idea they make a wagon. The sticker on the one we looked at was 78k.
  • Options
    I assume the outgoing (2018) V60? Unless the brand new design hit the ground already which would surprise me.

• Options
    I'm thinking it was new design although other than being a Volvo, I had no idea what it was until I got close behind it. Of course, I'm not sure the last time I saw a newer V60.
  • Options
    Saw the new baby Caddy CUV on the road in suburban Detroit today.

I've really noticed the higher proportion of later model domestic cars on the road here compared to the west coast, especially outside the cities. I noticed more brand diversity in Cleveland, and even around Detroit, but some other places it seemed to be 95% domestic.
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Did you hit the Rock 'n Roll Hall of fame while in Cleveland? The east side has some good Italian food and the west side good ribs.
  • Options
    Nope, didn't really have time, and the Christmas Story house was more relevant to me. Maybe if I return another time.
  • Options
    In Detroit, I saw some kind of cladded mule/protoype of a middle CUV kind of vehicle, maybe a Ford as I was in Dearborn. On the highway today I saw a cladded 4 door Jeep Wrangler pickup mule.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    fintail said:

In Detroit, I saw some kind of cladded mule/protoype of a middle CUV kind of vehicle, maybe a Ford as I was in Dearborn. On the highway today I saw a cladded 4 door Jeep Wrangler pickup mule.

The Jeep is the new Gladiator.

I've seen some disguised cars here in Colorado, for high altitude testing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    Saw my first Buick Sportbrake thingy in the wild yesterday right here in my home town. Nothing terribly special, but good looking, and it stood out enough that I spotted it coming at me from far away.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Big wagons used to be everywhere. Now they really stand out. Sad.

• Options
    a new style Altima with temp tags. Nice looking. sharper than the old one, but looks lower, and quite a bit (especially in profile) like an Accord. Interior was nice.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    stickguy said:

a new style Altima with temp tags. Nice looking. sharper than the old one, but looks lower, and quite a bit (especially in profile) like an Accord. Interior was nice.

Now also,available with AWD and a turbo instead of the V6

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Saw a brand new Sienna "SE".. all black, clear taillights and black wheels. I never really got the idea of a sporty Minivan.

Not the first time it's been done.... head over to Mystery Car Pix

• Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    tjc78 said:

Saw a brand new Sienna "SE".. all black, clear taillights and black wheels. I never really got the idea of a sporty Minivan.

Not the first time it's been done.... head over to Mystery Car Pix

Dodge has a sporty trim level for their Caravan too with blacked out light housings and black wheels, black grille and trim. I guess when the same design has been out for a decade they need new ideas for trim levels to help sell it.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    out car shopping today, saw a Stinger in an odd flat battleship gray. Not at all attractive. Not sure why, but it was parked at the Honda dealer.

also a Lincoln Nautilus. Dumb name, but pretty sharp looking car. Replacement for the MKX (iow the Lincoln Edge)

• Options
    Explorer based, right?

• Options
    could be. Did not look that big, but could be just the styling.

• Options
    The Aviator is the 3-row Explorer derivative. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, but old truck based Explorer both disc

The Nautilus is still the Edge based model like the MKX was. I just looked it up.

• Options
    that is what it looked like to me. I mentioned the edge to the salesguy and he didn't correct it!

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Yeah, but old truck based Explorer both disc

The Nautilus is still the Edge based model like the MKX was. I just looked it up.

Nope, new Aviator is based on new Explorer.
  • Options
    Ok.... now I feel better.  I knew there was supposed to be an Explorer based new Lincoln SUV.  I just didn’t realize the MKX was being renamed to Nautilus.  All makes sense now. 

Thanks! 

• Options
    I believe the Aviator is supposed is going to get released fist, so technically Explorer is a derivative of the Aviator.
  • Options
    From what I've read, the next gen Explorer/Aviator will be unibody rear wheel drive or optional AWD, but still RWD favored when AWD not needed. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    Interesting. Does it have any relationship to the Mustang chassis?  I thought they were going to use that for some new vehicle. 
  • Options
    I don't know. They'd have to extend that quite a bit for a large 3 seat SUV. But I think Ford is planning on some other crossovers in the next couple of years as well. I also think Ford (and Honda) is beginning to use some sort of AWD system that shifts power between all four wheels in some popular priced vehicles. It would be nice to see Ford step into the limelight for awhile after years of nothing much special.
  • Options
    Saw a new style Altima on the road, apparent rental. Looks like an improvement, although the faux floating C-pillar can't go away soon enough.
  • Options
    Saw a new Avalon this morning. A stunning combination of bland and ghastly.