Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 town car has bad pull down motor MODULE. Can anyone tell me location and how to remove it. than

RogerBmadillRogerBmadill Member Posts: 9
edited December 2018 in Lincoln
2008 town car has a faulty pull down motor MODULE. Can anyone tell me its location and how to remove it. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• RogerBmadillRogerBmadill Member Posts: 9
    Yes, for the trunk..the motor is OK but the module is faulty.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    And how did you determine that?
    code B2877..the ford dealer also did a pin test. they were able to move the pull down motor to the down position electrically, so that trunk closed flush. Now I can operate trunk with the key. I've done exhaustive search on the internet trying to locate this module. There is a finned box in the trunk ,on the drivers side ,near the the trunk hinge. It might be it but I can't see how to get it out.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How about the switch in the latch assembly? If this isn't working the pull down motor will not work.
    I hope the Ford technician did his job right and figuered the module was at fault. I have a friend in Florida who has found 2 auto wreckers with town cars with modules for less than $20 ($500 to replace at Ford dealers) We'er both over 70 but are capable of doing the work if we can find it and determine how to get it out.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    B2877 is the striker drive output short to ground. The first thing that I found for location only states center, rear of trunk, but the drawings suggest it is at the front of the trunk, under the package tray below the rear glass. Part of the remove and replace routine includes removing the rear seat back.
    I will remove rear seat...If I can get at part no. ,It will tell me what it is.. There are 3 boxes behind the rear seat...right side one is fuel pump module, the middle says something about fuses..I'm guessing the horizontal one on the driver's side is what I'm looking for...Thanks for your suggestions and help.
    Back seat is out and no way yet to get the driver side box out.I rechecked the numbers of the other 2 boxes. The middle no is 6w1t-14b484-aa. googled yields---car amp module for the part AND under a different picture--a trunk release module??? Help
    Finally got the 3rd part out by the driver side trunk hinge...ford no.7L2t-180808-aa.All indications are that this is the amp or woofer module. Can either of you verify.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    I see the number to possibly be 3W1T-401A18-AB https://www.ebay.com/itm/223245544683
    Confusing..but I suspect the parts maybe interchangeable. the ebay pic does not look like the part in my lincoln.
  • nwraaanwraaa Member Posts: 177
    Look at the color of the wires that are connected to to the trunk motor. The module is not that hard to change out. There are several module looking components near the same area. The one that has the same colored wires as the trunk pull down motor is the one you want to change.
    Thank you Gentlemen for all the help.

6wit-14b484-aa is the pull down module, the ford dealer in Barrie,Ont. verified it when I took in the part. I can replace it for $400+. The parts guy suggested I go to the wreckers. The part can be totally removed by taking out the back seat...move aside the liner...loosen 2 small nuts ..it slides to one side...pull back thru the frame and unplug. Not all the wires matched ,but most did.
    now to the wreckers...thanks again