Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Ford Fusion Lease Deals and Prices

123457»

Comments

• bobbpixbobbpix Member Posts: 5
    Would appreciate any guidance if anyone is still here looking at 2018 cars.

Think the dealer is trying to befuddle me.
    Ford 2018 Fusion on a lot in 08822. He says he will sell the car for 22550. 10.5k miles/ 36 months.
    .85APR. Says residual is 41%. With zero down and including taxes and docs fees, he wants $378/month. Seems high for a lower priced car. Is he too stingy on the residual?? What should I be paying a month for such a car.
    Many many thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,066
    bobbpix said:

Would appreciate any guidance if anyone is still here looking at 2018 cars.

Think the dealer is trying to befuddle me.
    Ford 2018 Fusion on a lot in 08822. He says he will sell the car for 22550. 10.5k miles/ 36 months.
    .85APR. Says residual is 41%. With zero down and including taxes and docs fees, he wants $378/month. Seems high for a lower priced car. Is he too stingy on the residual?? What should I be paying a month for such a car.
    Many many thanks!

What is the trim level?
    What is the MSRP?

Dealer cannot alter the residual; that is fixed by Ford Credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

MSRP 29415
    SE ecoboost. 1.5L. Has 202a package and moonroof and touchscreen and sync3   
    I suppose I’m paying NJ sales tax on entire amount in lease which drives up the price. But 378/month seemed high to me. Thank you. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,846
    bobbpix said:

MSRP 29415
    SE ecoboost. 1.5L. Has 202a package and moonroof and touchscreen and sync3   
    I suppose I’m paying NJ sales tax on entire amount in lease which drives up the price. But 378/month seemed high to me. Thank you. 

This car has a terrible lease program. If you have to lease, pick a different car. If you want this car, then buy it. No point in running the lease numbers on a deal that you would never take.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you, though not clear why it’s a terrible lease program.   The price of the car after incentives is very good. Is a bad program cause the residual is so low that I’m paying for 59% of the car over thee years resulting in high monthly payments? I suppose any 2018 model may have a low purchase price but also very low residual value. 
    bobbpix said:

Thank you, though not clear why it’s a terrible lease program.   The price of the car after incentives is very good. Is a bad program cause the residual is so low that I’m paying for 59% of the car over thee years resulting in high monthly payments? I suppose any 2018 model may have a low purchase price but also very low residual value. 

Yes.. very, very, very low residual. 41%.

You aren't paying for 59% of the car, because of the big discount, but still paying for enough that it's not a good lease deal.

For instance, if you were leasing a 2018 BMW 340i, the 36/10 residual is 61%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Given the low dealer price on this, it kinda offsets the poor residual. Even a 2019 Fusion will only have about a 5% better residual, resulting in about $1200 in lower payments over 36 months. But I won't get a $30kMSRP car for $22k. I'd love a BMW but I won't see a $22k price.
    At least I feel informed and see the hidden cost of the cheap sales price. Given my budget, and that we like the Fusion's ride well enough, this might be an okay deal for me. Thank's for your input.
    bobbpix said:

Given the low dealer price on this, it kinda offsets the poor residual. Even a 2019 Fusion will only have about a 5% better residual, resulting in about $1200 in lower payments over 36 months. But I won't get a $30kMSRP car for $22k. I'd love a BMW but I won't see a $22k price.
    At least I feel informed and see the hidden cost of the cheap sales price. Given my budget, and that we like the Fusion's ride well enough, this might be an okay deal for me. Thank's for your input.

If the low price was enough to really offset the poor residual, it wouldn't be $378/mo. for a $29K MSRP vehicle. I don't think it's a very good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• EliboomEliboom Member Posts: 37
    Can you please provide MF, Residual and any incentives for 2018 Sport 36/12 and 24/12? Zip 10952 Thank you in advance 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,066
    Eliboom said:

Can you please provide MF, Residual and any incentives for 2018 Sport 36/12 and 24/12? Zip 10952 Thank you in advance 

1.10% and 50%
    .35% and 42%
    $5000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4