Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Deal - Your thoughts

DDSSLDDSSL Member Posts: 1
edited December 2018 in Mazda
Mazda CX5 2018 Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package and Apple car play/Android auto installed. Exterior Jet Black Mica, Interior Parchment leather. MSRP $33,390 Selling price $32,280 (I think this is high for a 2018, but how high it is I'm not sure) Wisconsin Zip 53140 tax 5.5% + Title/License/Doc fees est. $300-400 Lease offer is $510/month (No down payment, include taxes), 24months at 10k miles per year. Residual value at the end of the lease is $21,700 I just moved to the US from Asia. My work visa is valid till June 2021, hence I wanted to explore the lease option for 24months. I have no credit history in the US so financing may come at an extra cost. How would you rate this deal? What range of rates have you seen in the current market? Any advice? Appreciate your input. PS: The vehicle is everything I want it to be.
Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    DDSSL said:

Mazda CX5 2018 Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package and Apple car play/Android auto installed.
    Exterior Jet Black Mica, Interior Parchment leather.

MSRP $33,390
    Selling price $32,280 (I think this is high for a 2018, but how high it is I'm not sure)
    Wisconsin Zip 53140 tax 5.5% + Title/License/Doc fees est. $300-400

Lease offer is $510/month (No down payment, include taxes), 24months at 10k miles per year.
    Residual value at the end of the lease is $21,700

I just moved to the US from Asia. My work visa is valid till June 2021, hence I wanted to explore the lease option for 24months.
    I have no credit history in the US so financing may come at an extra cost.

How would you rate this deal? What range of rates have you seen in the current market? Any advice?

Appreciate your input.

PS: The vehicle is everything I want it to be.

The 24 month term is not good for this vehicle.
    33, 36 or 39 months would be a lot better.

You might be better off doing a 33 month lease, then eating the last three payments, if you have to leave in June 2021.

Of course, I have no idea if they've placed you in a lower credit tier.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator