Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Subaru Legacy Premium Purchase Price and Buying Experience

scott2222scott2222 Member Posts: 15
edited January 2019 in Subaru
MSRP: $26,430

OFFER: $21,930
DOC fee $299
Total before tax and registration: $22,229

Is this realistic?

In MA. Must finance through dealer and must trade in a car year 1999 or newer. My trade is a 2000 Camry. They are offering $4,500 discount off of MSRP on many cars. No other dealer comes close. Not sure about this, as the trade in requirement doesn't make sense. I know they could play with trade in value, but this is valued at $200. Even if they offer me $1, it still gives them little to play with. If no trade in, the cost goes up $1,000, which brings the cost to nearly the same as my next best quote.

I received an offer of $5,000 off of MSRP for a Camry, every other Subaru dealer says Subaru margins are different, so they can't come close to the Camry. I have been pricing mid size cars, most have really close MSRPs, but real world pricing is not anywhere near as close. Mazda's pricing is about the same, much closer to full price than Toyota, Kia or Honda( I ruled out Honda due to the engine).

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    scott2222 said:

OFFER: $21,930
    DOC fee $299
    Total Before tax and registration: $22,229

Is this realistic?

In MA. Must finance through dealer and must trade in a car year 1999 or newer. My trade is a 2000 Camry. They are offering $4,500 discount off of MSRP on many cars. No other dealer comes close. Not sure about this, as the trade in requirement doesn't make sense. I know they could play with trade in value, but this is valued at $200. Even if they offer me $1, it still gives them little to play with.

I received an offer of $5,000 off of MSRP for a Camry, every other Subaru dealer says Subaru margins are different, so they can't come close to the Camry. I have been pricing mid size cars, most have really close MSRPs, but real world pricing is not anywhere near as close. Mazda's pricing is about the same, much closer to full price than Toyota, Kia or Honda( I ruled out Honda due to the engine).

Do you have to finance with them?
    If so, are you still eligible for the 1.9% APR on 60 months?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scott2222scott2222 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2019
    kyfdx said:

scott2222 said:

Do you have to finance with them?
    If so, are you still eligible for the 1.9% APR on 60 months?

I must finance through them. No, nearly certain I would not be eligible for any special rate. There is a $500 rebate that would be lost if I didn't. I think I will be able to pay off within the first 6 months, but will run the numbers. The current rate is 0%.

If I don't have any trade, the price goes up $1,000.