Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    sda said:

I was 18 when that happened and remember the news stories. Simply horrible and sad.

Yeah.. I was 18, as well.
    Fortunately for me, I didn't know anyone that was there, that night.

At the time, I lived about 15 miles from here. But, we moved over here 20 years ago, and I've run into quite a few people that helped out at the makeshift morgue, that night. They were also teenagers, at the time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

2019 Edge ST

Sharp looking, if you are into that SUV thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    I do think the current style Edge is very good looking.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Saw my first new style G-Wagen on the road.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    fintail said:

Saw my first new style G-Wagen on the road.

Were you close to your dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The Edge is a decent looker, but I'm not sure I'd pay its price because just a bit more gets you a much more spacious and comfortable crossover instead.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    berri said:
    The Edge is a decent looker, but I'm not sure I'd pay its price because just a bit more gets you a much more spacious and comfortable crossover instead.
    But if sportiness AND space is your goal, the Edge Sport is tough to beat at the price. I think you have to go down a size or way up in price to go quicker. (I’m totally guessing and have yet to test this thought).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I look at the Edge size wise as kind of a latest gen CRV usable cargo space, but with more oomph and passenger room. I think I'd consider buying one if they were a couple of grand cheaper. Although 6 footer seating is just a tad tight and the one I sat in at the auto show seemed to have a bit short seat bottom - but there are various trim models including the new Lincoln Nautilus. What I'm really interested in is the forthcoming unibody rwd/awd version of the Explorer. I think it is due out sometime this upcoming summer. Sounds like for a few grand more, it may be a winner. If you are looking for sportiness and speed, it is probably a good reason to go Edge. But I think that top line model puts you into (or darn close to) Nautilus pricing. Depends on priorities I guess.
    Not too far, come to think of it. It was plated though.

Not gonna lie, these (not a new one of course) still give me thoughts, depending on what happens at Bluetec lease end.
    Michaell said:

Were you close to your dealer?

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    2 Model 3's, both black. Model T vibe? :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Found on another forum, laughable ADM and mop 'n glo on a Genesis G70:

These tactics will make it hit the market with a Stinger-like thud.
    Too much - run away from it!
    My son sent me that. He loves his, but said at that price he would have been shopping different cars. He got a discount off MSRP, and no add ons.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    "Molecular adhesion"?? Is that like "gravitational handling package"?
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Gotta watch out for those 'nitro filled tires'...one bad bump, BOOM!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yep, one of those babies could take out a whole city block.
    65K is a spicy meatball, getting into Euro territory there. Good luck.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited January 2019
    fintail said:

65K is a spicy meatball, getting into Euro territory there. Good luck.

Yeah, that's getting into world-class car territory. Not wannabe copy generic bargain basement territory. Not saying the new G's from Hyundai are generic, as I haven't driven or seen one, but basing some of those assumptions on the Optima's "engineering."
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,466
    Hey, we’re talking about the Motor Trend Car of the Year here. Isn’t that worth a $10K “Market Adjustment”?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

And ~$1200 for a pulse brake system. Sounds like a heck of an upcharge for ABS, or for the annoying blinking CHMSL I see most often on timidly driven CRVs and the like.
    fintail said:

And ~$1200 for a pulse brake system. Sounds like a heck of an upcharge for ABS, or for the annoying blinking CHMSL I see most often on timidly driven CRVs and the like.

$1200! My VW dealer charges either $399 or $499 for the same item.

Even that is overpriced, IMO

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Bet it's for a $5 chip to add to the CHMSL.
    texases said:

That wouldn't surprise me, at all. The VW dealer where I got my Jetta has changed their business model up, and is now adding gratuitous junk onto every vehicle.

Not likely to replace the Jetta with another VW, if this keeps up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    Michaell said:

texases said:

That wouldn't surprise me, at all. The VW dealer where I got my Jetta has changed their business model up, and is now adding gratuitous junk onto every vehicle.

Not likely to replace the Jetta with another VW, if this keeps up.
    It seems most of the dealers around here are drinking that cool aid. It’s a real turn off.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

I think I saw an X7 in traffic today.
    Politically correct way of just posting "ADM"
    Saw a RAV4 today. Much more square shouldered look in the front and probably the size of the original Highlander.
    Got a delivery from Amazon today.
    One side of the box displayed the front of the New Chevy Silverado and the opposite side the back.
    It didn't have that fancy GMC tailgate. ;)
    Was behind a Subaru Ascent. The taillight design doesn't see to fit the body shape, but that's become pretty common.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Saw this today at Schiphol airport-

Underwhelmed.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

A new Forrester, it looked bigger than previous generation?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    edited January 2019
    Funny. I was going to call it a Kia.

i do appreciate Audi continuing to apply Ford Blue to their show cars. Lol

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Bright blue Mitsubishi Eclipse cross. Looked ok from the side, but the rear, well, just say unfortunate.

And definitely should not be called eclipse!

Tirerack posted a video of a new TTRS in my preferred favorite color for the car (Vegas Yellow) doing hot laps in a new P Zero tire. GRRRR...... and just when I was thinking there was nothing out there enticing me. I thought RS's didn't come in yellow.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    I notice the wonderful timelessly styled new Avalon has sequential front turn signals, cribbing from Audi of the past few years (and Ford in 1967).
    Came across a newish Audi A4 wagon Allroad, first one I've seen.
    texases said:

Came across a newish Audi A4 wagon Allroad, first one I've seen.

Do you recall if it had the label/decal A4 on the back ? I think they are calling them A4 on the left and Allroad's on the right now.
    Yep, A4 on the left, Allroad on the right.
    Saw 2 new RAV4s in traffic today, faux floating C pillar, so cool and dynamic, definitely not an AWD toaster.
    I read a review about the new RAV4. It said the it and the current Escape have the same wheelbase and RVA4 has a couple of cubes more interior space. I was surprised they are that close considering the Escape is one of the smaller entries in that class.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    edited February 2019
    fintail said:

Saw 2 new RAV4s in traffic today, faux floating C pillar, so cool and dynamic, definitely not an AWD toaster.

I told my Mom if she even thinks about getting another Toyota I'm not doing the deal for her. I was once such a Yota fan but I can't warm up to anything they have put out since the 05+ Avalon.

I find nothing really to like about her current 2017 RAV.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I’m curious to see he new RAV in person at the car show.

The styling is tough to take. At least the Camry drives better, or so I've heard. My mom will have had her Camry for 10 years in May, no real issues with the car, no plans to replace it. But if she wanted another Camry, I wouldn't protest.
    tjc78 said:

I told my Mom if she even thinks about getting another Toyota I'm not doing the deal for her. I was once such a Yota fan but I can't warm up to anything they have put out since the 05+ Avalon.

I find nothing really to like about her current 2017 RAV.

Honda and Toyota just seem often very efficient at space utilization. Kind of ironic that the new CRV appears to be quieter than the new Rav4 since Honda used to trend more sporty and Toyota more GM smooth.
    I've heard lots of positives about the drive/ride of the new (2019) Rav4. Looks are a little on the 'trying to be tough' side, but not goofy, like other new Toyotas.
    Our new car show is this coming Wednesday through Sunday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Philly show starts tomorrow. I’m going next weekend. Only surprise is BMW pulled out, though after ditching Detroit, not too surprised.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    Pretty sure we are going Sat the 9th early 

I fly out the next day for a show, so unless I take a day off this week it’s my only shot.  Can’t do it this weekend 

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

That’s when we will be there. Then over to oscars for our traditional lunch!

stickguy said:

That’s when we will be there. Then over to oscars for our traditional lunch!

Tell us more about Oscars..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator