Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Nissan Murano & Pathfinder LEASE

ElisaElisa Member Posts: 6
edited January 2019 in Nissan
I am looking to lease either a Nissan Murano or Pathfinder either SL or Platinum and would like to know the MF in Ohio and Kentucky as well as the RV.
I was offered the following deal last week in Kentucky for the Nissan Murano SL with Moonroof package:
$1,000 down
$469/month
for 36 months at 12,000miles per year.

I did not think this was a good deal. I was aiming at $1,000 down and $400/month but not sure that is realistic.

Thank you!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    Elisa said:

I am looking to lease either a Nissan Murano or Pathfinder either SL or Platinum and would like to know the MF in Ohio and Kentucky as well as the RV.
    I was offered the following deal last week in Kentucky for the Nissan Murano SL with Moonroof package:
    $1,000 down
    $469/month
    for 36 months at 12,000miles per year.

I did not think this was a good deal. I was aiming at $1,000 down and $400/month but not sure that is realistic.

Thank you!

FWD or AWD on those models?

Would need to know the MSRP and selling prices of the cars in question for us to comment on any lease offer made by the dealer

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ElisaElisa Member Posts: 6
    MSRP for 2018 Murano Platinum is $45,615, selling price $37,816. It lists Nissan Cash back offer of $2,500 and NMAC cash back of $1,250 but not sure those are already part of the discount from MSRP to selling price

MSRP for 2019 Pathfinder Platinum is $45,650, selling price $39,460. It does not mention any Nissan Cashback nor NMAC cash back for this one.

Both of these vehicles are in Kentucky. Thank you so much. I am hoping to close a deal today or tomorrow, before the end of January

Elisa
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Elisa said:

MSRP for 2018 Murano Platinum is $45,615, selling price $37,816. It lists Nissan Cash back offer of $2,500 and NMAC cash back of $1,250 but not sure those are already part of the discount from MSRP to selling price

MSRP for 2019 Pathfinder Platinum is $45,650, selling price $39,460. It does not mention any Nissan Cashback nor NMAC cash back for this one.

Both of these vehicles are in Kentucky. Thank you so much. I am hoping to close a deal today or tomorrow, before the end of January

Elisa

FWD or AWD?

Shopping in Florence?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

both AWD and yes, in Florence KY
    Elisa said:

both AWD and yes, in Florence KY

Murano: .00003 MF and 49% residual. $2750 customer incentive
    Pathfinder: .00284 MF and 43% residual. $4500 dealer incentive

On the Murano, I get $432/mo., assuming all fees and sales tax are paid upfront.
    I assumed that the selling price already reflected the available incentives.

Given that calculation, $1000 upfront and $469/mo. looks about right, and frankly, isn't a bad deal for a $45K MSRP vehicle.

The Pathfinder basically has little lease support. I don't think you can get a reasonable payment on that one.

The rates and incentives are the same, on either side of the river.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was also aiming for what I've heard mentioned as the 1% rule - monthly payment should be no higher that 1% of MSRP. And assumed that was putting only the required money down for first payment, registration etc fees that dealer tags on to the signing of contract. That is why putting $1,000 down (slightly higher than the $700+ estimated for this car minimal down at signing) and $469/month seemed higher than I thought was a FAIR deal.
    This is also my 5th Nissan with them and I am turning in a car with lower than allowed mileage on it and that I put money into by upgrading out of pocket at dealer.
    Thank you for the information, I will keep it all in mind tomorrow and post my deal here for you to check out!
    Elisa said:

I was also aiming for what I've heard mentioned as the 1% rule - monthly payment should be no higher that 1% of MSRP. And assumed that was putting only the required money down for first payment, registration etc fees that dealer tags on to the signing of contract. That is why putting $1,000 down (slightly higher than the $700+ estimated for this car minimal down at signing) and $469/month seemed higher than I thought was a FAIR deal.
    This is also my 5th Nissan with them and I am turning in a car with lower than allowed mileage on it and that I put money into by upgrading out of pocket at dealer.
    Thank you for the information, I will keep it all in mind tomorrow and post my deal here for you to check out!

It's not a rule, but more of a guideline. Just something to say, "hey, this is pretty cheap, relative to MSRP!".

Probably 95% of vehicles can't be leased for 1% of MSRP. The math just doesn't work with the lease programs offered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Good to know! Thanks
    Also, just curious what is the RV and MF of the 2018 Murano SL vs the 2018 Murano Platinum?
    Any difference? MSRPs are very close, so just wondering if getting an SL would improve the deal at all.
    Thanks ;-)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    edited January 2019
    Elisa said:

Good to know! Thanks
    Also, just curious what is the RV and MF of the 2018 Murano SL vs the 2018 Murano Platinum?
    Any difference? MSRPs are very close, so just wondering if getting an SL would improve the deal at all.
    Thanks ;-)

AWD, still?
    Murano SL - .00003 and 49%
    Pathfinder Platinum - .00003 and 48%
    Same incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yes, still AWD but only comparing Murano SL vs Murano Platinum. Not Pathfinder anymore, I believe for some reason, even though your MF and RV are almost identical for both models, Pathfinder does NOT lease as well as Murano.
    So wondering if Murano SL has a slightly higher RV so that it would maybe somewhat improve the lease numbers.
    Thank you!
    Elisa said:

Yes, still AWD but only comparing Murano SL vs Murano Platinum. Not Pathfinder anymore, I believe for some reason, even though your MF and RV are almost identical for both models, Pathfinder does NOT lease as well as Murano.
    So wondering if Murano SL has a slightly higher RV so that it would maybe somewhat improve the lease numbers.
    Thank you!

The SL residual is 1% higher
    (50% for 36/12)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator