Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Weird and loud noise

unclepooh91unclepooh91 Member Posts: 4
edited February 2019 in Jeep
I went and had a oil change and had the surpintine belt changed. It is now making like a weird noise/vibration. It kind of sounds like something is rubbing.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You mean at idle or only when driving? If it's at idle and you could place a fingertip on the engine (careful!) and feel a vibration, then take it back to the repair shop that did the belt.

If you mean only when driving, then...well...that could be anything, and we can't hear it.
  • unclepooh91unclepooh91 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    Only when driving when I let off of the gas it it sounds like it is bogging down really loud and vibrating
    Do you feel it in the steering wheel?
    edited February 2019
    No it vibrates the whole vehicle except the steering wheel. I checked all of the fluids and the belt and everything is good.
    Really hard to say without driving it! You might have to get it on a lift to see if there's some kind of wheel interference, or something dragging, etc.
    edited February 2019
    I think it was the brakes didn't have all of the air out of the hoses because I had to have a new hose put on and bled and I don't think they got all the air out because it's not doing it anymore
    Good to hear you solved the problem. You didn't mention brake work before.