Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

injectors not working

yozeppieyozeppie Member Posts: 6
edited February 2019 in Dodge
I HAVE A 2000 DURANGO ALTERNATOR ARKED OUT AND FRIED THE BRAIN REPLACED THE BRAIN THEN FUEL PUMP AND INJECTORS DID NOT WORK FIXED FUEL PUMP PROBLEM AND TODAY I FIXED PASSENGER SIDE INJECTORS AND DRIVERS SIDE HAS NO POWER CHECKED BRAIN BY PUTTING IT IN ANOTHER 2000 DURANGO AND IT RAN JUST FINE COULD A GROUND ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BE THE PROBLEM OR DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND FIND ANY SOLUTIONS
JOSEPH

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Must be a problem in that left side harness, or the connectors. You may need a wiring diagram and a fuse diagram.

Are you getting any trouble codes from the PCM? Are you sure all 4 injectors are dead on that side?

• yozeppieyozeppie Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2019
    NO TROUBLE CODES AND YES I AM SURE ALL 4 R DEAD I HAVE INJECTOR TESTERS AND THEY DO NOT LIGHT UP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE I JUST FIXED THE PASSENGER SIDE FOUND A GROUND THAT IS FRAYED ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BUT STILL SEEMS TO BE GETTING A GOOD GROUND
    OK I DID HAVE 1 CODE IT WAS FOR THE RADIATOR FAN CIRCUIT SHORTED OR NOT GROUNDED I ASSUME THAT WAS BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM WHEN THE ALTERNATOR SHORTED OUT AND FRIED THE BRAIN I RESET IT AND SO FAR HAS NOT COME BACK ON
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    We'd need to see a wiring diagram. Some cars have injectors firing in sets of 4 (Fords) and some all 8 at once. If it's split up, then there would be 2 fuses to check in those circuits.
    YES MINE IS SEPERATE 4 AND 4 AND NOW I LOST ALL 8 DOES THE CAM AND CRANK SENSORS RUN THE INJECTORS
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    edited February 2019
    You didn't specify what engine this has, but that might not matter. I looked up the 4.7l for a reference.
    The injectors all share the same power source which is also the same power that feeds the ignition coils. The PCM does need to see the crank sensor in order to drive the injectors in a batch fire strategy, then it switches to sequential injection once the cam sensor signal is confirmed.