Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Inconsiderate Drivers II (share your stories, etc.)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    Time ... to ... stop. No more political posts.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    The political discussion has been removed. Just as though the authors had never existed.

Continued political posts will cause this discussion to be closed, and result in revocation of forums membership.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Poof
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    fintail said:
    Speed is a good bogeyman to justify LEO work and insurance profits. In my opinion, it probably works like this: under the influence and speeding = speed. Distracted and speeding = speed. Mental issues and speeding = speed.
    Other than BAC, speed is the one factor that can be measured, so I think law enforcement relies on it as the one offense to ticket. 
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Good move, mods. Thanks.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    Lots of late lane changes yesterday... one spot is 3 lanes in the direction of travel with a freeway ramp maybe 500 feet after a light. Lane 2 splits and lane 3 must exit. The Idiot of the Day came up in lane 3, decided during the split he didn't want to get on the freeway, and proceeded to cross the other ramp lane and the gore in order to go straight.  

This morning at my favorite intersection I was waiting for green to go straight.  Oncoming traffic had green and a driver making his left on the outer of 2 left turn lanes had to honk a driver who thought it really was a free right turn. 
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Took a drive up and down 405 earlier today. Roads mostly bare and dry, or bare with ice treatment. Lots of LLCers, as the left lane seemed a little more bare than the right, and the timid souls who maybe shouldn't be driving anyway just camped out there. Lightly traveled residential streets canbe dicey, but most arterials seem OK - the authorities are doing a decent job with this snow event compared to those in the past, they get credit where it is due.
  • Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited February 2019
    LEO dig outs?
    https://youtu.be/Gf0TtxY7dXM

Following snow removal rigs on the main roads is fun (if that can be fun) but most have those rear sand/salt/mixture spreaders, so that’s a tad destructive to one’s front end.
    https://youtu.be/0AgrI6SpRfc

South Lake Tahoe, CA snow removal is still fun to watch, even after all these years. It almost mimics harvesting grain/corn. For some reason, it does not seem to disturb the “stoopids” in the car traffic flow.
    https://youtu.be/lys3fuZWFVs
    Residencial areas seem to get slightly less priority, so equipment like road graders, etc., do the chores. We get a local service to do the property for each snow season. So we can get into the garage, where, when the snow is 1 foot to 10 feet.
    https://youtu.be/etasL9RN6IA
    Overall, low to no traffic flows are bad for business.

F150 coupes? Are the coupes getting smaller/bigger? https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/10/fastback-ford-f-150-michigan-vehicle-solutions/
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It's sweet reading about people who deal with this on a very occasional basis -- it's a way of life in many places. Seattle is probably better than Atlanta, but it's up to discussion as to the degree. Edmonton and Montreal are my benchmarks.

Party on.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    He certainly travels in areas with lots of “stupid” young drivers & snow removal city managers! Yes, the snotty attitudes make it extra fun to party on, Garth.
  • Options
    Well, they may be young or they may be something else, the discussion of which would render the situation political, no doubt.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Well, they may be young or they may be something else, the discussion of which would render the situation political, no doubt.

In regards to snow/ice removal? One thing that comes to mind are whole bunches of pissed off young city dwellers (with drag the road suspensions & expensive high speed rating tires) yelling @ city managers & elected officials @ the council meetings (for undercarriage damage) & access issues, seasonal accidents.

But it would be fun to see the Northwest winter/snow accident versions. Besides, wasn’t global warming supposed to get rid of WA state snow & winters ?🤴👸 or so sez the young kings/queens? DILLY, DILLY! No real surprise why WA is/was ill equipped for winter’s snow? 🤪 The youngest city dwellers probably denied ever telling city staff & elected officials to go surfing USA (monies for others things, party party) on the snow removal budget.

It’s NO brainer in SLT, CA. Probably way even less drama, if the meeting records & TV broadcasts are any indicators. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Indeed, I can’t even recall a (caused, let alone someone else causing one on me) seasonal accident in over 55 years @ SLT, CA. . It must be the Alzheimer’s 👨‍🚒

Speaking of global warming, even the caddies are wearing long pants! Caddies don’t wear long pants! 😎 at the AT&T Pro-Am@ Pebble Beach, Monterey, CA.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

It's sweet reading about people who deal with this on a very occasional basis -- it's a way of life in many places. Seattle is probably better than Atlanta, but it's up to discussion as to the degree. Edmonton and Montreal are my benchmarks.

Party on.

Benchmarks for me are in upstate NY. 😱☃️ Studded rear tires on a 70 VW Beetle was total overkill.

One daughter spent 3 winters in/out of Atlanta. I guess going to/from South/North Lake Tahoe earlier in her life made winter driving in Atlanta’s a no brainer. I was told a lot of “issues/gas” because of occasional ice and snow.
This discussion has been closed.