Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The 100 Greatest Cars of All Time

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageThe 100 Greatest Cars of All Time

Edmunds.com picks, in order, the 100 greatest cars of all time.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• suzigirlsuzigirl Member Posts: 1
    I'm amazed your 100 best cars didn't include any Volvo rear drive models. The 740 and 240 series are legendary. Incredible longevity, visibility, drivability, safety. We have four of these four cylinder rear drive models in my family, all over 150,000 miles and one about to hit 300,000 without ever replacing a U joint, engine, transmission, differential. Nothing. Just brakes and bearings. Drove my 1985 740 wagon to Alaska 2 years ago, 13,500 miles and the only service was an oil change and tire rotation at mid trip.
  • daveyamatodaveyamato Member Posts: 1
    They left out a lot. For instance, The Delorean DMC-12, The Winnebago, and The Honda CRX (not to be mistaken with the international CR-X) just to name a few. All brought forth something to the car culture and R&D scene.
  • jessepoagejessepoage Member Posts: 1
    Lamborghini LM002??? Really???? Whoever put that on here doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • joemadrejoemadre Member Posts: 2
    The 1967 Toyota 2000GT is not on here? Why not? The Toyota 2000GT made arguably one of the greatest contributions in the history of the automobile - it made reliability a design statement. No top 100 list is complete without the first reliable supercar, and this list does not have it. Shame.
  • joemadrejoemadre Member Posts: 2
    The 1967 Toyota 2000GT is not on here?! Why not? The Toyota 2000GT made one of the greatest contributions in the history of the automobile - it made reliability a design statement. No top 100 list is complete without the first truly reliable supercar, and this list does not have it. Shame.
  • wownerdftwwownerdftw Member Posts: 1
    I see a few months ago, suzigirl asked a very good question. Why would the Volvo 240 not be in the top 100? Why not in the top 10? A Volvo saved my brother's life and another Volvo saved my sons friend. When they made the list for the top 100 cars, there were three things not taken into consideration. Quality, safety, and reliability. I was also surprised at how many great cars were not on it. I think the list would be a lot more accurate if it wasn't decided by people who like Nascar.
  • andybea999andybea999 Member Posts: 1
    How on Earth can you put the E-Type behind such American heaps as the Buick Grand National? Someone wasn't thinking right
  • volvoguy240volvoguy240 Member Posts: 1
    Yes I agree with the Volvo comments and thought 86dodgeomniglh comment was amusing. Volvo invented the four wheel disc brakes, catalytic converter, and the three point seat belt system.
  • SAABerSAABer Member Posts: 1
    This list is bad
  • MohsenMohsen Member Posts: 1
    OK, Where is The Toyota Land Cruiser. If is not in list, so all your list is not correct ...
  • FILMIGOFILMIGO Member Posts: 1
    The number one must be the Benz Patent Motorwagen from 1886, because it was the everyone's first car