Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    I saw one of those big Subies yesterday. Today at work I noticed someone got a new Expedition, fancy forged looking wheels.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    A flying brick - AMG G63.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Audi A8. Looks like it should be wearing a Lincoln badge. What a barge.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's a car you can learn to depreci....er.....APPreciate. B)
    Saw one of those new 6er GT things, I recall a magazine said something like "it drives like a hockey arena".
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    The new Kia Soul. I hope you like tail lights...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

edited March 2019
    Kinda goofy, but I like it. By the time you get one optioned-up to the F&G level (Fun and Gadgets), it's in the upper $20Ks already.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Parking lot at the gym. I don't know that this says "Rolls Royce" to me, especially with the decal in the window

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Did the Playboy come back B)
    not exactly new, but got behind a Nissan Cube yesterday. Even my wife noticed how odd it was.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Is that a 2-tone paint job, or a wrap? either way, it's hideous

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2019

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    Every girl at my Catholic high school wore those. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Molly Shannon.. lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited March 2019
    The new Acura NSX, driven by what else, an old guy! Looked sharp in person on the road where it belongs.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    got behind a pretty new 911 carerra. Targa. Orange. I liked it!

edited March 2019
    Not new, but very orange! (Actually this is a wrap).

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those (or perhaps a 911) locally in that orange shade.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

That was an actual color, at one time. Local guy had it on a Boxster. I like it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Doesn't Ruf (the tuner) like that color, and a green? Both remind me of:

Saw an AMG GT "4 door coupe" at the dealer on Sunday. 198K.
    I love Gumby and pokey!

fintail said:

And 12 months from now. 150K...and 36 months from now.....don't ask, it's painful.
    120 months from now is the real fun.

And 12 months from now. 150K...and 36 months from now.....don't ask, it's painful.

By that time it's a donation vehicle.
    fintail said:

@$500/month you'd have that paid off in a spiffy 396 month loan at 0% interest.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

I volunteer! I'm particularly needy, super-4door-wise...
    See what a 2009 E63 is worth today. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, especially without an exotic body (also a fun case where wagons have significantly better values).
    edited March 2019
    texases said:

I volunteer! I'm particularly needy, super-4door-wise...
    Well if you aren't actually needy when I arrange to donate it to you, you certainly will be about 6 months after you own it.

THIS IS THE PRICE FOR ONE SHOCK--and at a discount store!
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    At those prices I'll take a Ferrari instead.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    Those prices made my eyes water....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    That rotor is pretty expensive considering all those holes in it. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Per the joke, AMG = All Money Gone
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Yet, $52 for the Centric brand. Prime example of why I rarely buy OEM. 

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Are those any good? I have heard pros and cons. I wonder if Wilwood makes rotors for the AMG--they make a very good rotor.
    I bought them for our previous T&C after the stock ones warped and I read that was common. The Centric worked fine and never warped.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

More often than not, brake rotors do not in fact warp. It's the brake pads causing the wobble. Lots of upsell on rotors.

Next time anyone wants to sell you new rotors, have them show you on a dial gauge.

I guess on some cars, it doesn't matter much if you buy new rotors, but at $1,000 a pop it does!

edited March 2019
    curious: how do pads cause a wobble?

I don't fully recall, but I believe it is likely I replaced the pads first, vibration remained, so I went back and replaced the rotors. At least, that's the route I would take now, so I can only assume that's what I did then. ;)

More often than not, brake rotors do not in fact warp. It's the brake pads causing the wobble. Lots of upsell on rotors.

Next time anyone wants to sell you new rotors, have them show you on a dial gauge.

I guess on some cars, it doesn't matter much if you buy new rotors, but at $1,000 a pop it does!

Lots of debate on if rotors can be used more than one pad set on "performance" vehicles driven the way they were meant to be driven. Apparently OEM rotors sometimes cut out thickness for weight loss at the expense of being able to be used more than one set of pads.
    qbrozen said:

curious: how do pads cause a wobble?

I don't fully recall, but I believe it is likely I replaced the pads first, vibration remained, so I went back and replaced the rotors. At least, that's the route I would take now, so I can only assume that's what I did then. ;)

Here's what Firestone says:

"When you press down on the brake pedal, you kick start a series of rapid events. As you step on the pedal a caliper applies pressure to the brake pad, which in turn clinches down on the rotors. (Similar to how bicycle brakes work.) This brings your car to a stop. If anything is “off” with said brake pad, you may feel it in your steering wheel. Brake pads that are old, worn, or particularly dirty cannot grip the rotor effectively and can cause your steering wheel to quiver."
    edited March 2019
    so, yes, when pressing the brakes. I wouldn't have called it a "wobble" though. ;)
    I THINK a warped rotor would be more ...hmmm... "consistent"? rhythmic? Meaning a warped rotor would give you the sensation at the same point(s) in each rotation, while pads would not. Just a total guess.

Also, if warped enough, you could hear/feel it even when not applying the brakes since the rotor could touch the pads on each rotation.

The true test would be the dial indicator---no guessing on the shop's part, and no upsell for you if they can't prove it.

Of course, on some German cars....cough, cough....rotors are never turned in case of warpage..you are required to throw them away regardless of the "meat" left on them.

I'm half in jest here...I'm sure there are other automakers who require the same thing.
    What is this "shop" you keep speaking of? ;b

Heck, I can swap my rotors, calipers, and pads and still save money over just paying to get pads done at the dealer.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Pad jobs must be a big profit center for the dealer.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Someone at work has a new E53 coupe.
    On the road this afternoon, saw 2x new RAV4 - one a rental (Toyota has surpassed 00s era GM with fleet dumps, at least around here), and a Bentayga driven in the clueless entitled oblivious manner one would expect from such a vehicle and its bootstrapping driver.
    I saw one of those new CUVs recently. Does Maserati make one? I think that is what it was.

Maserati is the "Levante". I actually saw one of those, too. White of course, questionably driven, "baby on board" sticker, I could make a boatload of assumptions about the driver.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I saw a new RAV by the showroom the other day. Seems a bit tinny and chintzy to me, but I haven't driven one. Funny and kind of incongruent, because the RAV in the showroom was loaded up with dealer add-ons while they are already in rental fleets. Maybe Toyota people are a little too loyal to the brand for their own good?