Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Purchase price on 2019 X3

325M3325M3 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2019 in BMW
I've gone to mulitple dealers and I am trying to decide between building out a new 2019 X3 or buying a demo on the lot. Currently BMW is offering $3,750 in incentives (loyal + finance).

So two questions:
1. What should my expectations be on the discount of the demo before incentives (I've read 13% is "normal" but i've been getting quotes before incentives of reducing by only about 8.5%).

2. MSRP on the new (and demo for that matter) is $51,135 (premium package/conv package, driver assistence). What is a realistic selling price (I've read 7% off should be the goal but that puts it below the invoice of the car according to the edmunds..).

I'm located in westchester NY.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    325M3 said:

I've gone to mulitple dealers and I am trying to decide between building out a new 2019 X3 or buying a demo on the lot. Currently BMW is offering $3,750 in incentives (loyal + finance).

So two questions:
    1. What should my expectations be on the discount of the demo before incentives (I've read 13% is "normal" but i've been getting quotes before incentives of reducing by only about 8.5%).

2. MSRP on the new (and demo for that matter) is $51,135 (premium package/conv package, driver assistence). What is a realistic selling price (I've read 7% off should be the goal but that puts it below the invoice of the car according to the edmunds..).

I'm located in westchester NY.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

1. For a demo, 15% discount from MSRP should be about right.
    2. 7% for new, maybe more

Use this link to help:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• 325M3325M3 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you!
    Just a quick follow-up. The 15% and 7% are both EXCLUDING any incentives correct? thanks again
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    325M3 said:

Just a quick follow-up. The 15% and 7% are both EXCLUDING any incentives correct? thanks again

Correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Okay, dealer agreed to take 7% off the MSRP. Thanks again for your help!