Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Deductible root insurance

ParamsfanParamsfan Member Posts: 3
edited March 2019 in Toyota
My deductible is $250 with root insurance. I filed a claim to get my bumper fixed on my 2010 corrolla. My insurance company root cut me a personal check for an estimated amount. If the shop I'm using can fix my bumper for the estimated price do I still owe my deductible? On the estimate it says the estimated amount then has the deductible amount. Someone told me if the insurance company writes you a personal check then I dont owe my deductible is this true? 

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,554
    Paramsfan said:

My deductible is $250 with root insurance. I filed a claim to get my bumper fixed on my 2010 corrolla. My insurance company root cut me a personal check for an estimated amount. If the shop I'm using can fix my bumper for the estimated price do I still owe my deductible? On the estimate it says the estimated amount then has the deductible amount. Someone told me if the insurance company writes you a personal check then I dont owe my deductible is this true? 

Is the check for the estimated damage, minus $250?

If so, and you can get it fixed cheaper, then you the insurance company isn't going to ask for any money back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ParamsfanParamsfan Member Posts: 3
    I think it is minus the 250. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,554
    Paramsfan said:

I think it is minus the 250. 

If you can get it fixed for less than $1007.84, the savings is all yours.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ParamsfanParamsfan Member Posts: 3
    Awesome thanks for the information.