Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Brand loyalty is a lot like love--sometimes kinda blind.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,305
    edited March 2019
    Locally Toyota $1000 recent college graduate incentive on the RAV 4.
    Mostly, I see $400/$500.
    I just noticed a local Ford dealer has the same offer.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    A friend of mine spotted this today, I don't think I have seen one on the road yet:

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    edited March 2019
    berri said:

I saw a new RAV by the showroom the other day. Seems a bit tinny and chintzy to me, but I haven't driven one. Funny and kind of incongruent, because the RAV in the showroom was loaded up with dealer add-ons while they are already in rental fleets. Maybe Toyota people are a little too loyal to the brand for their own good?

RAV4s.... RAV4s everywhere. Three today all with temp plates.

My mom said she likes the new one.... so I’ll be seeing another one parked in front of my house. Ugh. I thought I had her convinced to get something else once current RAV goes back

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I read there's a CTS replacement coming soon:

That C-pillar, woof, looks like a cross between an Accord and a Regal. Not nice to my eyes.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,514
    it's different. rest of car looks pretty good. at least the nose isn't hideous.

I assume that will replace the ATS also. And probably whatever the one bigger than the C was.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,705
    Seems like goofy c pillars are contagious. From the second pic you can tell the 'window' in the c pillar is non-functional. Why have it? And the front end is ok, but nothing special.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, stylists/designers are copycat sycophants. This stuff combined with the faux floating pillar movement is like a disease, and someone is loving it and approving it.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    Is that a hatchback??

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

As far as I know, nope.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    edited March 2019
    The CT5 is the CTS replacement. There is supposed to be a smaller CT4 coming that will take the place of the ATS.

I can handle the styling though I don't think it looks as good as my car, except for that C-pillar design which is absolutely hideous. Reminiscent of the current Buick Regal Sportback which GM can't seem to give away. Should never made it out of the design center.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    To my unsophisticated eye, the CT5 kinda has a Tesla Model 3 look in the side view.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    edited March 2019
    I definitely see a little previous generation Accord in the C pillar area.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited March 2019
    Current one, too (except the Accord's window is real), along with overall 'fastback' shape:

Rear door from an Ion or Cruze? Can't un-see

Seems a bit underwhelming. Maybe in "real life" it would look better. On the other hand, not offensive in any way. Sorta plain vanilla with a few chocolate jimmies on top.
    edited March 2019
    fintail said:

Rear door from an Ion or Cruze? Can't un-see

Exactly. It should be so lucky to look like an Accord in that area.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    berri said:

I saw a new RAV by the showroom the other day. Seems a bit tinny and chintzy to me, but I haven't driven one. Funny and kind of incongruent, because the RAV in the showroom was loaded up with dealer add-ons while they are already in rental fleets. Maybe Toyota people are a little too loyal to the brand for their own good?

Absolutely true about being "TOO LOYAL." However, until they make unreliable crap cars, they will continue to be loyal, because they are loyal about the legendary trouble-free ownership experience. It is reliability and durability that keeps them coming back for more, not the grounded to the ground driving feel.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    I saw this on the road and grabbed a quick shot. I have no idea what it is.

edited March 2019
    Looks like a 51 Ford Victoria. New 68 years ago ;)
    THis one is not new either but it is sitting outside my son’s dojo right now.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I was recently in Chile for the first time and I saw this truck in Santiago.
    Chinese vehicles are definitely happening - this wasn't a rare find.

I’d but something called a “Wingle”. Fun name!

My question is: with the 3 different names on there, which is the manufacturer, model, and trim? Is it a Denco Great Wall Wingle 5? A Great Wall Wingle 5 in Denco trim? A Wingle 5 Denco Great Wall? ....

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    I'm pretty sure that Great Wall is the make, Wingle 5 is the model.
    CRDi is common rail diesel

Not familiar with Derco, unless it's a parent company to Great Wall

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yesterday, Lexus IS 250 AWD F-Sport

It had a lot of crap on the back, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    The fit and finish looks Chinese like... the bumper isn't level.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3 said:

The fit and finish looks Chinese like... the bumper isn't level.

I'm pretty sure it had been banged up a bit.
    I don't expect life is easy for a working truck in Chile.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    I saw a ton of those Great Wall trucks in Chile. They have to be eating market share in SA. Nissan still seemed pretty popular.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Those can't be backup sensors on the bumper, right? :s
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    qbrozen said:

My question is: with the 3 different names on there, which is the manufacturer, model, and trim? Is it a Denco Great Wall Wingle 5? A Great Wall Wingle 5 in Denco trim? A Wingle 5 Denco Great Wall? ....

Couldn't "Denco" or "Derco" be the dealer name?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Derco is a dealer or distributor in Chile.

https://www.dercocenter.cl/busqueda/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

In Vancouver for a few days, the land of sketchy offshore-based money, where 18 year old "students" in Lambos and McLarens are a common sight. Have only seen one of those so far (bright blue, subtle and classy), also saw a G550 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4 with all kinds of signage, apparently used in some kind of rally. Biggest difference from the Seattle zoo is the amount of X2s - they are everywhere here.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    fintail said:

In Vancouver for a few days, the land of sketchy offshore-based money, where 18 year old "students" in Lambos and McLarens are a common sight. Have only seen one of those so far (bright blue, subtle and classy), also saw a G550 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4 with all kinds of signage, apparently used in some kind of rally. Biggest difference from the Seattle zoo is the amount of X2s - they are everywhere here.

Is the X2 available with different engines north of the border?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

fintail said:

There's a Brit on YouTube ranting about all the troubles with his new McLaren. In 7 months, he's been able to drive the car 21 days.
    That sounds like Clarkson a few years ago when he bought his GT40.

https://youtu.be/tWN1KKsH1Zo

The poor guy is so bent out of shape about his McLaren, and he insists he's tried everything to get McLaren to even TALK to him. So he's launching a social media war to get them to phone him. Says this has cost him over 300,000 BP.
    edited March 2019
    If there are any engine variances on the X2, they are minor. No diesel or anything else interesting.

Went to the Vancouver auto show today, kind of a letdown - no MB, no BMW, Kind of weird, but I know MB has skipped out here in the past, and other places recently. The rest of the show had normal stuff as expected. I was impressed with the luxury spec Dodge truck, pretty nice rig. White was not a color I would pick for a display Avalon, but Toyota thought it was a good idea. A purple Mirage was good for a laugh, and the Nissan Micra is fun to see. Some car, I think a lower model Hyunkia or Mitsu CUV, had iffy fit and finish on some exterior trim, not good for a show car. In the exotic section saw the Marie Antoinette Rolls-Royce Cullinan, a couple McLaren Senna, various Lambo and Ferrari etc. Exchange rates make some things decent for Murkan tourists right now, too.
    I may go to the Dallas show this weekend. Also no BMW, which happened before, but MB will be there. No Mini this year, guess BMW's cutting back everything.
    Philly also had no BMW this year. That’s a big show so I was surprised.

MB was there, but they always have a huge display. Ditto Lexus. Those 2 have a hall by themselves. MB had at least 12-15 cars.

Caddy was the other big name brand missing.

edited March 2019
    Porsche rolled out its new Cayenne Coupe on Instagram today. A SUV with less interior room!

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Personally, I think BMW is losing a bit of it's cache. There are plenty of other options out there.
    I am waiting for these to not be rare sights:

I suppose it is a 21st century version of this, so it fits with the company ethos:

Thinking of a good plate, maybe "EATCAKE" or "UNDRTXD".
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    God Save The Queen B)
    Is that the new Kelvinator?
    Pretty funny, side by side with separate freezer compartment on the far left. :)
    A Ferrari thingy from the show, with a pretty view. At least it is blue, so it has that going for it, which is nice:

A Ferarri that color just doesn't seem right.

Much better on a Mustang!