Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Owners Club - Meet the Members

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2019 in Nissan
Hello Nissan owners! Welcome to the Edmunds forums.
Whether you're a first time Nissan owner or having been driving them for years, take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your vehicle.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    We've been Nissan owners ever since my wife's first new car, a 1980 Datsun B210 hatchback. I think the count is at 14 now, various Sentras, a Stanza wagon, a 4x4 pickup, an Altima, a few Versa hatches (daughters love them) and a Versa Note that's currently undergoing cosmetic surgery for interaction with a deer

Seems very likely that there's a Rogue coming in the next couple of weeks, so the streak continues
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    Rogue, not Rogue Sport?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Probably not, but we shall see :)
    So apparently, 8 weeks into the process, the insurance company "is thinking" about my Versa Note being totalled. SO glad they changed to handling all this through an app rather than dealing with UGH people, so that the process would be streamlined [insert primal scream HERE]
    2019 Rogue S with some addons. I'll post pics as soon as it's not DARK outside and add more details :)

$26,000 even OTD
    Shh...be vewy vewy quiet... the new baby is sleeping :)

S or SV?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

S or SV?

Never mind, I skipped over the post prior to the pic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'll have better and more pics once I get a sunny day :)
  • JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 57
    Congrats @PF_Flyer !
    Edmunds Customer Care
    All it took was money ;)
    edited April 2019
    Dash view of the new ride. Seems like a lot of the Nissan models now have the D-shaped steering wheel with the flat bottom. I'm kinda neutral on the appearance. I think it accomplishes the task of at least the feeling of more leg room for the driver. Hasn't bothered me as far as function. The only very minor gripe about the layout are the cruise buttons. The Cancel button is raised higher and sits right where my thumb falls if I rest my right hand on the inside of the wheel. Find I can accidentally cancel cruise if I'm not paying attention

And I like the rear "theater seating" as this shot from eye level in the rear shows. Lots of forward visibility for rear seat passengers.

Great pictures! How do you find the quality of the interior materials?

My experiences with Nissan have been limited to rentals (one Altima SL, one Maxima SV), and I've found the interiors to be pleasant, if a bit dark, due to all the black that is used.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2019
    Yea a bit dark. Offset a bit by the light colored pillars, headliner, visors. Cloth, but we've had a lot of seat time with cloth Nissan seat materials and have had no issues. Seat material feels pretty sturdy, although the back seat cover WILL be in place as the dog tries to clamber on board :)

Nissan owners will understand... it feels very Nissan inside :)

Once I figure out all the configurations for the cargo area, I'll post pictures of that.

Split fold down rear seats also recline and are adjustable front to back, to create more cargo space with rear seat passengers
    edited April 2019
    Oh yea, I find the passenger airbag light a touch annoying. It works different than in my past vehicles. Every vehicle I've had, the light only comes on when there's enough weight on the seat to let the car know that someone/something is on the seat, but not enough weight to be an adult, so the airbag is disabled and the light comes on.

In the Rogue, the light is on if the seat is empty as well. Kind of odd if you ask me. You can see the light on just in front of the shift lever in the first photo since the car was running
    Got to use the double decker configuration for the cargo hold in the Rogue today 😬

Pretty handy
  • gtifsportgtifsport Member Posts: 1
    Does your Rogue have a power tailgate, @PF_Flyer ?
    No power tailgate. Didn't go all the way to that package
    Wife has always wanted a Z. She might even take the 300ZX Turbo I saw this morning

Saw a Cube yesterday and it occurred to me that I had not seen one in a looong time. They've pretty much disappeared around here.

Just transported a load of oversized "stuff" home from Lowes over the last few days for renovating my shed, and it reminded me to post my tie-down method for my hatch lid. No ropes, just a carabiner and a short bungee cord. Just push the carabiner into the latch mechanism and hook the bungee to tie down the hatch. Press the button to open the hatch to release the carabiner. Easy peasy!

Just saying, always order a pile of mulch that's bigger than your car :)

Got to the first oil change/rotation on the new Rogue after our trip to the Indy 500. Also had the tires purged and put nitrogen in. Keeps the tires in a more consistent pressure range as temps change. I stay on top of my tire pressures and rotations, so I never really run into pressures going low over time, but nitrogen does reduce pressure loss over time. I get my bike tires purged and filled with nitrogen in the spring nd they stay up to snuff all summer. Just over 1,100 miles in about 60 hours and no fatigue from the ride. A very Nissan-like ride and comfortable. Back seat passengers comfy with the reclining rear seats, and the theater seating where you have a view of what's going on up ahead is nice.
    Nissan IDx concept

They call this "retro". I guess I see a bit of retro with those side mirrors up towards the fenders, but the overall effect doesn't evoke "nostalgia" to me

PF_Flyer said:

Nissan IDx concept

They call this "retro". I guess I see a bit of retro with those side mirrors up towards the fenders, but the overall effect doesn't evoke "nostalgia" to me

That reminds me of a mid 70's Toyota Celica.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I GUESS they're leaning towards a 1970 Datsun Sunny

PF_Flyer said:

I GUESS they're leaning towards a 1970 Datsun Sunny

Yep, I can see the resemblence.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

One of the first places I ever saw those forward mounted mirrors was at the Jack Nicklaus museum (don't skip it if you're ever at OSU) on some advertising he did for Nissan. There was even a Jack Nicklaus Edition Nissan Gloria

I need to grow a couple of inches :)

The Rogue is taller than our Versa hatch and I need a step stool to reach the roof when I'm washing it!
  • bozegirlbozegirl Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone! Just purchased a Caspian Blue Metallic 2019 Nissan Rogue Special Edition. Soo happy! Have been in love with the Rogue since it’s first appearance.💙. Needed a vehicle to carry my 92 year old folks and their transport chairs comfortably. Rogue fits the bill perfectly! Nice to meet you all. 👋😀

Goes with bozegirl0919 comment 🤪
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    bozegirl said:

Goes with bozegirl0919 comment 🤪

Sharp!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

bozegirl said:

Hi Everyone! Just purchased a Caspian Blue Metallic 2019 Nissan Rogue Special Edition. Soo happy! Have been in love with the Rogue since it’s first appearance.💙. Needed a vehicle to carry my 92 year old folks and their transport chairs comfortably. Rogue fits the bill perfectly! Nice to meet you all. 👋😀

Nice! Our Rogue is white. I was leaning toward the Monarch Orange, but as it's primarily the wife's car, she had an extra vote :)

• dadeo7432dadeo7432 Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a 2019 Frontier SV, used, off a one year lease. Its my second Nissan, the first being a 2013 Xterra. So you could say that I really liked the Xterra, but needed a pickup, and you'd be right. Just put snow tires on it today, and then it snowed. So my timing is great there too. The Frontier SV is a great basic truck that will handle far dirtier loads and a bit more towing than my X did. Why not new? Got a great deal. Why not RAM, GM, Ford or Toyota? Since FIAT bought out Chrysler, reliability has dived, GM and Ford reliability continues to be suspect and the "new" Ranger is a borderline fraud: its been sold overseas for years and its not that great considering the price. Toyota is just a bit too pricey. Driving a reliable Xterra for 6 years convinced me that Nissan has refined its 4.0 liter, 6 cylinder, 5 speed transmission drive train and all the kinks are long gone.
    Congrats! Got any pics to share of your new ride? :)

We've had Datsun/Nissan vehicles since 1979 so you MAY be at the start of a long string...LOL
    Put my winter tires (Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's) on my Versa last week, need to buy a set for our new Rogue.
    Best thing about the Nokians, besides the winter traction, is that they cause a minimal hit on my gas mileage.
    PF_Flyer said:

Best thing about the Nokians, besides the winter traction, is that they cause a minimal hit on my gas mileage.

I had Nokian GR (a long time ago) on my '02 CR-V.
    While sold as an all-season tire, they had the snowflake symbol and were winter-rated. They were a great all around tire, that had excellent snow traction, unlike most all-seasons.

Pricey, though. And, hard to find in any size that you actually need.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The Continentals are supposed to be really good according to my tire buddy. Non-directional tread pattern, compound feels softer than the Nokians. About $10 difference between them

I've had Continental winters in the past. No issues.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Until about 5-6 years ago we ran all-seasons year round. But it IS nice to have snow shoes
    Since it's primarily her ride, the wife is getting WeatherTech mats for the Rogue. We were going out a few weeks ago and there was a bit of snow on the ground. When she got in the car, she reached into the door pocket where she had some napkins stashed and wiped off her shoes. POOF... Christmas present idea without ANY thought on my part:)
    PF_Flyer said:

Since it's primarily her ride, the wife is getting WeatherTech mats for the Rogue. We were going out a few weeks ago and there was a bit of snow on the ground. When she got in the car, she reached into the door pocket where she had some napkins stashed and wiped off her shoes. POOF... Christmas present idea without ANY thought on my part:)

Excellent choice - we've had them in several of our cars over the years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yea, it gets a little sloppy over the winter around here
    PF_Flyer said:

Yea, it gets a little sloppy over the winter around here

Reminds me that I have to swich the summer mats to the winter ones in the Subaru.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The WeatherTech mats were a big hit. Pretty close to the best present under the tree :)
  • ArabellaFiggArabellaFigg Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2020
    Just signed my first lease on Tuesday for the 2020 Altima SV AWD. Love
    it so far except for a warped window issue... Bringing it in tomorrow... Wish me luck that they'll just replace the window!