Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Owners Club - Meet the Members

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2019 in Chrysler
Hello Chrysler owners! Welcome to the Edmunds forums.
Whether you're a first time Chrysler owner or having been driving them for years, take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your vehicle.

Comments

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible owner here. Have about 135k miles on it and hope to get a few more years out of it. 

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    I too enjoy all those years of ownership with no car payments :)
  • Options
    And even though I'm currently a Nissan owner, one of the cars I would definitely love to have back was my 1966 Chrysler Newport that I ran to 238,000 miles.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Does former Dodge owner count?

I suppose not for me, since short of a full $15K refund for the '95 Neon Sport to me and my family, I won't again be an owner of a Chrysler product in this lifetime unless someone gives away something at under market-value.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    We had a Dodge Neon, or rather the kids did we just bought it for them. It wasn't spectacular but it wasn't all bad either. As a daily driver for a couple of high school students it served its purpose. No repairs were needed and just regular basic maintenance was needed. 

• Options
    Mom had a Neon. I'd agree with the "good for its purpose" assessment.
  • Options
    Good for its purpose? I'm going to have to disagree.

Exhibit A - 2008/-09 Bailout #02. BILLIONS!

Exhibit B - available online user reviews of the car.

The vehicle should make the front page of every book ever written on why the Big 3 in Detroit deserved every misfortune that went their direction.

May the fleas of 1,000 camels forever infest their souls (to all humans responsible for the abomination of a vehicle called the Neon)
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    andres3 said:

The vehicle should make the front page of every book ever written on why the Big 3 in Detroit deserved every misfortune that went their direction.

May the fleas of 1,000 camels forever infest their souls (to all humans responsible for the abomination of a vehicle called the Neon)

Nothing there would support your disagreeing with me that the car was good for its purpose. That purpose was to transport our teenage children to and from school and work. That it did with no issues.

Now was it a refined car? No. Was it fast? No. It was basic transportation

• Options
    edited March 2019

andres3 said:

Nothing there would support your disagreeing with me that the car was good for its purpose. That purpose was to transport our teenage children to and from school and work. That it did with no issues.

Now was it a refined car? No. Was it fast? No. It was basic transportation
    You had an outlier. These cars are well known for their shoddy quality, terrible reliability, and horrible durability. They made tow truck companies more profits than the Big 3. LOL!

I actually think the car was decent to pretty good (for the time) when it ran (if you could ignore the rattles). It was decent power with solid handling, but again, only when it ran. When the Air Conditioner worked, it blew ice cold.

If the product had been even 25% remotely reliable, it would have been a winner. Instead, the renamed the same crap the PT Cruiser, then the Caliber (really minimal changes, and mostly cosmetic). The Caliber is no more. The PT Cruiser is no more. The Neon is no more.

They are all extinct, and for good reason.

• Options
    Ooo... the Caliber. I had one of those as a rental on a trip to the Edmunds offices in Santa Monica. The lack of visibility out of that thing made airport runs to LAX a barrel of laughs :)
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,227
    PF_Flyer said:

Ooo... the Caliber. I had one of those as a rental on a trip to the Edmunds offices in Santa Monica. The lack of visibility out of that thing made airport runs to LAX a barrel of laughs :)

I really liked that Caliber. :D

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    That's right you DID get to partake in that adventure :)
  • Options
    DustyDusty Member Posts: 1
    Well 3 days ago I just bought a 2001 Chrysler 300m..$1,900 with 129,555 miles on it ..The passenger window is stuck ,the front door speakers are shot, when I go to start it I get nothing when i turn the key, just lights on the dash..It takes 2-3 times before it starts..Something that i am dealing with..By reading the posts here on this sight ,it all sounds common for that year,or Chrysler in general..But the forum's about my issues makes me feel better because most of the issues are not all that hard to fix..The car drives great and comfortable ride..Fast and all thats worth it to me..Thank you
  • Options
    Nice to meet you Dusty! If you have any pics to share as you work on your car, we’d love to see them
  • Options
    Well tried to take the top down yesterday with no luck.  :'( Now the car is at the dealership to see what needs to be done to drive topless. Hate to put a lot of money into an eleven year old cat with 135k miles, especially since it's not trying to keep it on the road. 

• Options
    If you posted a pic of it, we MIGHT figure out where to tap it with a hammer! :)
  • Options
    As reliable as cars are now, I still kind of miss the days when there was room, and you actually could work on the engine of your car. This is a '67 Newport, but close enough to my '66 for illustration purposes

• Options
    phill4my_ptcruiserphill4my_ptcruiser Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Hello All I wanted to know if anyone would know that years are the transmission interchangeable with a 2004 automatic without turbo? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Poking around online, I found a wiki page on the transmission that has this section:

40TE
    Since 2003 (2004 model year), the 41TE was replaced by a similar but cheaper and lighter 40TE transmissions in cars equipped with inline-four-cylinder,or naturally-aspirated engines.

Applications:

2003-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser
    2003-2006 Chrysler Sebring
    2003-2007 Dodge Caravan
    2003-2005 Dodge Neon
    2003-2006 Dodge Stratus

But we need someone with a bit more expertise to weigh in here for a definitive answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Fiat Chrysler partners with Amazon-backed start-up Aurora on self-driving cars

Everyone seems keen on self-driving tech and acting like it's ready to roll. Commercial vehicle applications? I could see some LIMITED uses where autonomous vehicles can be more efficient with logistics. But I'd see those in more controlled environments, not "out in the world" where some situations will come up that need some human judgement.

I keep recalling the GM exhibit at the 1964 World's Fair where they told me we'd be in flying cars by the year 2000. :)
    It's good to dream big