Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 E300 3 yr 60K mile lease is up; can I lease it again for additional 2 yrs and another 40K miles

csteveccstevec Member Posts: 21
edited April 2019 in Mercedes-Benz
My 2017 E300 36/60 lease will be up in July this yr and will have about 55K mi on it (it is a CPO so the car is covered for 100K miles and for total of 5 yrs)

I like the car...will MB allow me to lease this car again for another 24 months/40 additional miles (at end of the 5 yrs car will have 100K miles)

Will MB lease allow me to lease again as above?
Tagged:

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    cstevec said:

My 2017 E300 36/60 lease will be up in July this yr and will have about 55K mi on it (it is a CPO so the car is covered for 100K miles and for total of 5 yrs)

I like the car...will MB allow me to lease this car again for another 24 months/40 additional miles (at end of the 5 yrs car will have 100K miles)

Will MB lease allow me to lease again as above?

My educated guess is to say no ... I'm not sure how MBFS will establish a residual value at this point so a lease payment can be calculated.

Couldn't you just buy the car out at the agreed upon residual value?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• csteveccstevec Member Posts: 21
    Hi Michaell

Well buyout is $37K and I was trying to get a 2 yr lease for in the 20's.

I think I will want something new @ 90K miles in 5 yrs (my now 3 yr old and 2 more yrs) and @ 90K miles don't think I will get much for it if I buy it for $37K ?

Do you have an idea as to what it might be worth 5 yrs old with 90K miles when original window sticker was $72,500
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    cstevec said:

Hi Michaell

I think I will want something new @ 90K miles in 5 yrs (my now 3 yr old and 2 more yrs) and @ 90K miles don't think I will get much for it if I buy it for $37K ?

Do you have an idea as to what it might be worth 5 yrs old with 90K miles when original window sticker was $72,500

sorry, no predictions on future value.

What is a 2014 E300 worth with 90K miles? That might give you a rough idea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    cstevec said:

Hi Michaell

As an in-between choice, you might see if Mercedes will extend the lease at the current terms for 6-12 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator