Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 Acura MDX Tech - Is this a good deal

Kristian_SKristian_S Member Posts: 6
edited April 2019 in Acura
Is this a good deal. This is the 2nd dealer I went to and they did a lot better then the other dealer.

Dealer currently has $10,500 in discounts but $5,000 is being thrown towards the trade in that’s why discount shows 4,500 and trade in shows $21,000. They did it this way instead of just showing my trade was worth $16,000 because the other dealer tricked me by saying they giving me all the discounts and 21k for my car so he tried to do apples to apples comparison. Took off the pro pack and non tax charging $125 instead of $960 like the other dealer. He is also going to take of an additional $400 from the market value selling price. I may push my luck and asked for another $1,000 towards my trade in.

Trading a BMW 5 series, lost half its value in 2 years. I knew I was going to take a hit.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Are incentives and discounts the same, reason I ask because they said they are offering 10.5k in discounts. 4.5k in the discounts line item and another 5k in the trade in to bring it from 16k to 21k.

I will most likely keep the BMW and make double payments each month hoping in a i can break even.

reason they put the 5k in the trade in so they can show how the other dealer did so i can compare apples to apples.
  • Options
    I also asked about the lease ads they have $439 with $2750 due at signing. He said it does not include tax, tag and addtl fees and in my case + the 3k negative equity. He said if i didn't have the negative equity I would be putting down 6k to 7k.

to me they hide the fees just to get you in there
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

I also asked about the lease ads they have $439 with $2750 due at signing. He said it does not include tax, tag and addtl fees and in my case + the 3k negative equity. He said if i didn't have the negative equity I would be putting down 6k to 7k.

to me they hide the fees just to get you in there

If you look at the fine print, it mentions the exclusion of those items. But, I agree that the negative equity doesn't help, at all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4