Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mild Panic due to Suspension Clunking

RandomSubaruOwnerRandomSubaruOwner Member Posts: 1
edited April 2019 in Subaru
So, this only started today but, I was backing out of my boyfriend's apartment's parking lot, passed over a relatively small bump and heard a strange squeaking sound in the rear left of the car, like the suspension was protesting. Later in the day I went back to the apartment to pick up some things I forgot, passed over the same bump going forward and heard a loud clunk that went through the entire car and shook the steering slightly. The car still runs fine, steering is still completely responsive, I don't hear any clunking on any other bumps, even at speed. Visually I don't see any tires that are closer to the body in any way, or out of line. Only difference I can feel is that the car pulls slightly more to the right than normal. Can someone please explain to me if I should be seeing a mechanic about this?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You'd have to get on a lift to make any sense of this. It might be something as simple as a sway bar bushing--these are relatively easy to replace, and they would make a noise going over something like a speed bump.