Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leasing

lucidriveslucidrives Member Posts: 14
edited April 2019 in Subaru
Looking to lease 36 month 10K Dealer is saying money factor of .00195 and car price of $26,025. Fair? 60201 zip code

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315

Looking to lease 36 month 10K Dealer is saying money factor of .00195 and car price of $26,025. Fair? 60201 zip code

Premium trim MF is .00195

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    $22,895 w/o packages added in. RV $18,032.52 Money factor seems high.
  • Options
    oops...MSRP of $27,322
  • Options

$22,895 w/o packages added in. RV $18,032.52 Money factor seems high.

MF is the base rate for top tier credit.

You've just picked the trim level with the highest MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    We have excellent credit. But are the numbers good for that car & trim level? I didn't pick that trim level. They said they had 3 Crosstrek Premium in stock and and the other two were different colors I didn't want and with different packages. Totally different prices. They gave me no other options. I don't need everything in the added on package bur it's the color I want. I am guessing I should look around? Also looking at Mazda CX5. MSRP $29,210. MF .00139 RV $18,402.30 I know it is apples to oranges but I have a lease on a Mazda CX3 ending in May. Why is this so stressful no matter how many times you do it?
  • Options

We have excellent credit. But are the numbers good for that car & trim level? I didn't pick that trim level. They said they had 3 Crosstrek Premium in stock and and the other two were different colors I didn't want and with different packages. Totally different prices. They gave me no other options. I don't need everything in the added on package bur it's the color I want. I am guessing I should look around? Also looking at Mazda CX5. MSRP $29,210. MF .00139 RV $18,402.30 I know it is apples to oranges but I have a lease on a Mazda CX3 ending in May. Why is this so stressful no matter how many times you do it?

Yes, it's your money. You should research trim levels, options and packages, and find a dealer who has what you want.

Take your time and do your research. You've found the right place to get your questions answered.

Once you understand how all the numbers work together, it just becomes a math exercise. We're here to help level the playing field.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    So I went back into dealer and went from a $330.84 payment to $298.03.
    Here is the offer.
    2019 Subaru 2.0i Premium, #12 package plus addl acc of Mirror compass w/homelink, Rear Seat Back Protector, All Weather Floor Liners, Cargo net, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash guards

MSRP: $27,322
    Selling Price: $24,013 (original offer was $25,019)
    MF: 0.00195
    Lease end Value $18,032.52
    36 mo/10k lease
    zip code 60201

Monthly: $298.03
    Due at Start $534.03 (1st mo. tax, title, license)

I'd love your thoughts on this! Thank You!!
  • Options

So I went back into dealer and went from a $330.84 payment to $298.03.
    Here is the offer.
    2019 Subaru 2.0i Premium, #12 package plus addl acc of Mirror compass w/homelink, Rear Seat Back Protector, All Weather Floor Liners, Cargo net, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash guards

MSRP: $27,322
    Selling Price: $24,013 (original offer was $25,019)
    MF: 0.00195
    Lease end Value $18,032.52
    36 mo/10k lease
    zip code 60201

Monthly: $298.03
    Due at Start $534.03 (1st mo. tax, title, license)

I'd love your thoughts on this! Thank You!!

That is a great offer. Saving almost $1200 from the first quote.

Not much else I can offer you as feedback.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Yay! Thanks to this forum and your feedback I am getting good at this! It is the second car I've negotiated the lease on. The best part is watching my husband's jaw hit the floor when I don't take any "you know what" from the finance folks at the dealerships although I find I get the best results when I go in on my own without him! ;)
  • Options
    One last concern. I've not driven the exact car I negotiated the offer on. I test drove a Crosstrek in a different color with a a few different options. It's in their inventory but I feel I should see and drive the exact car before finalizing anything. Mazda dealership did the same thing. "Here's the car in our inventory that has everything you asked for." It's all there on paper and online but shouldn't I see it, physically, first? When I was very young I basically had a dealership bait and switch a car on me. I will never forget it.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

One last concern. I've not driven the exact car I negotiated the offer on. I test drove a Crosstrek in a different color with a a few different options. It's in their inventory but I feel I should see and drive the exact car before finalizing anything. Mazda dealership did the same thing. "Here's the car in our inventory that has everything you asked for." It's all there on paper and online but shouldn't I see it, physically, first? When I was very young I basically had a dealership bait and switch a car on me. I will never forget it.

That's up to you. When we bought my wife's Outback, the car we ultimately drove home in was still in trasnsit from the factory. Drove a car with similar equipment in a different color before putting a deposit down to hold the one we wanted.

If you've had a bad experience, then by all means drive the car you plan to lease. And confirm that every option you want is on the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator