Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @driver100,
    How about contributing something positive, instead of some useless sniping? :(
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2019

berri said:

I buy chicken and turkey, but not red meat.
    I understand your dilemma aba. But man, in Florida you can rinse the wrappings of that poultry and double bag it, but the heat and humidity will still make it stink up your garbage can! Sometimes I wonder if we could subsist drinking protein drinks and eating fruits and vegetables? Alas, probably issues with that too. You can't win buddy :s

You would have issues with that long term. Humans are omnivores and need nutrients from a variety of food sources to stay healthy. The key is moderation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientists say that if you only had one food to eat, you would stay alive the longest eating potatoes.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    We just got a storm alert with significant lightning associated with a cold front passing through from the northwest.  They said there were over 1300 lightning strikes in the past hour to our west - expected to arrive in the next 25-30 minutes.  Here we go again!  :'(:o

2021 Genesis G90

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460

berri said:

I understand your dilemma aba. But man, in Florida you can rinse the wrappings of that poultry and double bag it, but the heat and humidity will still make it stink up your garbage can! Sometimes I wonder if we could subsist drinking protein drinks and eating fruits and vegetables? Alas, probably issues with that too. You can't win buddy :s

You would have issues with that long term. Humans are omnivores and need nutrients from a variety of food sources to stay healthy. The key is moderation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientists say that if you only had one food to eat, you would stay alive the longest eating potatoes.

If that meant potato chips, I'd live forever.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    edited April 2019

@driver100,
    How about contributing something positive, instead of some useless sniping? :(

Sensitive, guess you didn't get it :s

If I have to explain it......it loses something..........

It reminds me of when General Electric took over NBC and David Letterman told his audience that for optimum efficiency, when you change one light bulb in your home, you should change all of them to get maximum efficiency.

You see, he was trying to sell more light bulbs.........................

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

berri said:

True, but you could cover most of the essential macronutrients, but eventually, you’d run into a deficiency in essential fatty acids, vitamin B12, calcium, and iodine. Not a good idea to try it.

ab348 said:
    The problem with Tesla is that it needs to stop being so erratic and unpredictable. It's really time (well, past time) for Tesla to become an adult automaker and to behave like one. Also Musk really needs to step down.

If this corporate pogo-stick doesn't cease and desist, Tesla could very well be serious trouble in the near future.
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited April 2019
    Why are there so very few to no EV cars for resale?

My take, neither new/used EV’s are ready for prime time. When they are, it will probably take 10 years to prove the reliability, durability, range, convenience, concepts. An optimistic year would be 2034.

So to me, it took at least (2004 Prius) 10 years for CAR hybrids to really prove itself on the markets. My targets were 100,000 miles to 150,000 miles +plus.

I’m NOW ready for (a) CUV diesel/hybrid. So on the trip up to South Lake Tahoe, CA, the MB GLK 250 BT posted 37 mpg. On the downgrade for 120 miles, it can post 49.8 mpg. With a (diesel) hybrid, more like 49 mpg to 51 mpg upgrade SWAG. 68.31 mpg down grade. With 369# ft of torque...YEE HA!
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162
    Tesla has essentially unworkable financials, silly equity valuation and a narcissistic lunatic as a CEO. The name might survive, but current shareholders will likely lose the money, perhaps even all of it. Even the bondholder may, too.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    ruking1 said:

My take, neither new/used are ready for prime time.

So to me, it took at least (2004 Prius) 10 years for CAR hybrids to really prove itself on the markets. My targets were 100,000 miles to 150,000 miles +plus.

I’m NOW ready for (a) CUV diesel/hybrid. So on the trip up to South Lake Tahoe, CA, the MB GLK 250 BT posted 37 mpg. On the downgrade for 120 miles, it can post 49.8 mpg. With a (diesel) hybrid, more like 49 mpg to 51 mpg upgrade SWAG. 68.31 mpg down grade. With 369# ft of torque...YEE HA!

Go to YouTube and look up what people go through trying to buy used Teslas.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited April 2019

ruking1 said:

You could’ve save me the trouble and posted this Scotty video. 👀 https://youtu.be/6vo9e8dXoIg
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    ruking1 said:

ruking1 said:

You could’ve save me the trouble and posted this Scotty video. 👀 https://youtu.be/6vo9e8dXoIg
    I figured people have had enough of Scotty for awhile.

Actually there are several video series by people who have tried to buy used Teslas direct from Tesla only to find that their system was totally confused with employees not knowing what they were doing, cars that failed to be delivered for months and arriving in damaged condition.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:

ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:
    ...”The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste”...

Yet, they want to reduce not even one baseline food waste study by 50%? 50%/0 zero=0 zero?
    If you are going to quote the article, let’s not take it out of context...complete quote

What baseline estimates of food loss and waste will be used to measure progress in reaching the 50 percent reduction goal?
    The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste. Instead, two very different measures describe the amount of food loss and waste in the United States:

EPA estimates: 2010 was selected as a baseline at 218.9 pounds of food waste per person sent for disposal. The 2030 FLW reduction goal aims to reduce food waste going to landfills by 50 percent to 109.4 pounds per person.
    USDA estimates the amount of food loss and waste from the food supply at the retail and consumer levels: in 2010 food loss and waste at the retail and consumer levels was 31 percent of the food supply, equaling 133 billion pounds and almost $162 billion.

Now, I’ll ask one more time.. where is your source of the 95.5%?

I would like a clear definition of food waste.

I have an orange, I eat the orange and throw away the peel. The peel by definition is waste but is it considered food waste as stated above? 
    When it does comes out, it will probably be falsely linked to global warming.

Here’s a link to farmer Al who helped to start the organic movement. https://www.froghollow.com/

Sentence # 2, yes/no many uses/things can be made with orange rind. It’s basically TMI for this board.

While many things can be made of the orange peel it's not feasible to collect every one. My point is how much waste is stuff like orange and banana peels, corn cobs, apple cores and the like versus edible food that spolies, isn't wanted or just gets thrown away for whatever reason.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

In my area all organic waste like orange peels and uneaten food along with garden waste, leaves, etc goes into a green bin where it gets collected by garbage trucks (specially equipped ones) and sent to a composting facility. The compost that gets produced is of low quality but it gets mixed in with topsoil, peat moss, etc and used for municipal parks, sports fields and the like along with being sold as a triple mix product..

edited April 2019
    henryn said:

driver100 said:

Trade my Aztek? No way! I’d be saving it until it came back into fashion and then clean up at Barrett-Jackson. :D
    Actually, when I see one these days....they kind of look cool. They are so ugly they look in. Last time I saw one I thought that might be fun to actually drive around in.

-=-=-=-==-=-=- end quoted material -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anyone remember the VW Thing? Now there's a definite case of so ugly it's cool!

Yes I remember it, wasn't it a civilian version of the type 181 which was a descendent of the type 82?

jipster said:

Any thoughts on this Mercury Milan? Suppose to go look at.it tomorrow. Not available for showing today. It's the V-6 engine. 200hp I believe. Too much power for a teenage boy? Owner said she's.owned the car since 2014. Priced a bit high. Saw the ad on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. The owner is an attractive young lady. So that may negate some of my negotiating skills. Hope I don't end up paying more than asking price. ;-)
    https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-2010-mercury-milan-premier/6868881700.html

I would be careful about Mercury's as they are known for being contaminated with tuna.

berri said:

So vodka it is.

dino001 said:

Tesla has essentially unworkable financials, silly equity valuation and a narcissistic lunatic as a CEO. The name might survive, but current shareholders will likely lose the money, perhaps even all of it. Even the bondholder may, too.

Foe Tesla to survive they either have to make cars that are more affordable (not likely considering the technology), license their technology or be absorbed by a major manufacturer.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    dino001 said:

X2
    Other than that, what could go wrong? LOL

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

tjc78 said:
    https://www.usda.gov/oce/foodwaste/faqs.htm
    ...”The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste”... Yet, they want to reduce not even one baseline food waste study by 50%? 50%/0 zero=0 zero?
    If you are going to quote the article, let’s not take it out of context...complete quote What baseline estimates of food loss and waste will be used to measure progress in reaching the 50 percent reduction goal? The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste. Instead, two very different measures describe the amount of food loss and waste in the United States: EPA estimates: 2010 was selected as a baseline at 218.9 pounds of food waste per person sent for disposal. The 2030 FLW reduction goal aims to reduce food waste going to landfills by 50 percent to 109.4 pounds per person. USDA estimates the amount of food loss and waste from the food supply at the retail and consumer levels: in 2010 food loss and waste at the retail and consumer levels was 31 percent of the food supply, equaling 133 billion pounds and almost $162 billion. Now, I’ll ask one more time.. where is your source of the 95.5%?

I have an orange, I eat the orange and throw away the peel. The peel by definition is waste but is it considered food waste as stated above? 
    When it does comes out, it will probably be falsely linked to global warming. Here’s a link to farmer Al who helped to start the organic movement. https://www.froghollow.com/ Sentence # 2, yes/no many uses/things can be made with orange rind. It’s basically TMI for this board.
    While many things can be made of the orange peel it's not feasible to collect every one. My point is how much waste is stuff like orange and banana peels, corn cobs, apple cores and the like versus edible food that spolies, isn't wanted or just gets thrown away for whatever reason.
    What seems like “waste” to us is food for livestock or fertilizer for enriching nutrients in the soil.  Corn cobs can be ground to a pulp for pig slop.  Just about anything that was part of greenery can become compost.  So I question the 95.5% (IIRC) waste of food because, “...one man’s waste (or one person’s waste to be PC) is another person’s or animal’s or plant’s food...”.

We, as a society, probably do a less than adequate job of using organic waste for fertilizer or food for livestock.  

2021 Genesis G90

edited April 2019
    I would be careful about Mercury's as they are known for being contaminated with tuna.

My belly laugh of the day along with a golf joke told on our Saturday morning talk guy on radio 700...which I can't tell here.

As for the tuna, a local full line boutique grocery in suburban Dayton has great deli items that are made by them for their 3 stores. Their tuna salads don't include one using albacore which makes a milder-tasting product. I asked one day if they had thought about making an albacore version--I was told they use a certain tuna because it has less mercury. LOL

Foe Tesla to survive they either have to make cars that are more affordable (not likely considering the technology), license their technology or be absorbed by a major manufacturer.
    We forget that there are many forms of energy out there besides fossil fuels and ion batteries.  Hydrogen fuel cells have not yet been perfected for use in vehicles and thus research continues.  What about magnetism for attracting and repelling mass and molecules?  I truly believe that there are forms of energy that have yet to be discovered or that have been discovered but have not been perfected for use in vehicles.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

dino001 said:

We forget that there are many forms of energy out there besides fossil fuels and ion batteries.  Hydrogen fuel cells have not yet been perfected for use in vehicles and thus research continues.  What about magnetism for attracting and repelling mass and molecules?  I truly believe that there are forms of energy that have yet to be discovered or that have been discovered but have not been perfected for use in vehicles.

Does that include the age old invention that was gobbled up by the energy companies where you filled your gas tank with water, plopped in a pill and off you went. Another reason to hate the energy industry. :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    A couple of weeks ago, my wife found part of a bolt on the floor in the basement.
    When I asked her where, she pointed to the toilet.
    I reached up and sure enough, no bolt one side to hold the tank to the bowl.
    Put in some new ones today, so it should all set for another 20 years.
    Checked the other 3 toilets and none of those bolts showed any sign of corrosion.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited April 2019
    said:

Energy has to come from something. It doesn't just form out of nowhere. Ion batteries have to be charged with electricity that was formed from energy _somewhere_. Ion batteries also have the chemical/physical use of energy in their manufacturer and its drain on energy resources. Hydrogen has to be generated somehow using energy. Magnetism is generated from electricity movement in most cases.

The EV folks overlook that there are parts of the sourcing of the power that aren't mentioned. That electricity from the outlet is generated from coal, natural gas, nuclear power, windmills, solar cells, etc.. In total energy requirement from synthesis of the engines to recycling of parts after junking, I still believe the ICE, especially 4-cylinders were have today, are most efficient. And aren't getting US dollars in subsidy.

abacomike said:

dino001 said:

While there are many forms of energy I do believe our solution is in multiple forms. I do believe that electrical is still way on its infancy and it's full benefits are yet to be realized. I don't hold much for hydrogen as it's not a source of energy but rather a storehouse of energy.

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

dino001 said:

Does that include the age old invention that was gobbled up by the energy companies where you filled your gas tank with water, plopped in a pill and off you went. Another reason to hate the energy industry. :o

jmonroe

You hate the energy industry because someone keeps repeating a bogus claim that violates the laws of physics?

A couple of weeks ago, my wife found part of a bolt on the floor in the basement.
    Checked the other 3 toilets and none of those bolts showed any sign of corrosion.

Lucky. No leaks.

That's a lot easier to replace than the hold-down bolts. So I guess you're the replacement for the plumber guy we seen to have lost a month or so ago. :o

jmonroe

jipster said:

Any thoughts on this Mercury Milan? Suppose to go look at.it tomorrow. Not available for showing today. It's the V-6 engine. 200hp I believe. Too much power for a teenage boy? Owner said she's.owned the car since 2014. Priced a bit high. Saw the ad on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. The owner is an attractive young lady. So that may negate some of my negotiating skills. Hope I don't end up paying more than asking price. ;-)
    https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-2010-mercury-milan-premier/6868881700.html

Careful....that could be taken as a derogatory comment. ;)

edited April 2019
    driver100 said:

Careful....that could be taken as a derogatory comment. ;)
    As long as it's not about GM vehicles and it's not an unfair characterization.... :smile: LOL

Some folks thought there was something fishy about that ad. B)

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    A couple of weeks ago, my wife found part of a bolt on the floor in the basement. When I asked her where, she pointed to the toilet. I reached up and sure enough, no bolt one side to hold the tank to the bowl. Put in some new ones today, so it should all set for another 20 years. Checked the other 3 toilets and none of those bolts showed any sign of corrosion.
    Looks like we have the same granite counters. Lol 

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    berri said:
    I buy chicken and turkey, but not red meat. I understand your dilemma aba. But man, in Florida you can rinse the wrappings of that poultry and double bag it, but the heat and humidity will still make it stink up your garbage can! Sometimes I wonder if we could subsist drinking protein drinks and eating fruits and vegetables? Alas, probably issues with that too. You can't win buddy :s
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scientists say that if you only had one food to eat, you would stay alive the longest eating potatoes.
    So vodka it is.
    Couldn’t agree more.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    ab348 said:

jipster said:

If she balks again, I'll say I'm all in at $5,000.

But what if she bats her eyelashes and pouts? ;)
    Suddenly that frail old man would be dancing a jig !
    edited April 2019

ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:

ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:
    ...”The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste”...

Yet, they want to reduce not even one baseline food waste study by 50%? 50%/0 zero=0 zero?
    If you are going to quote the article, let’s not take it out of context...complete quote

What baseline estimates of food loss and waste will be used to measure progress in reaching the 50 percent reduction goal?
    The United States currently does not have a single baseline estimate of food loss and waste. Instead, two very different measures describe the amount of food loss and waste in the United States:

EPA estimates: 2010 was selected as a baseline at 218.9 pounds of food waste per person sent for disposal. The 2030 FLW reduction goal aims to reduce food waste going to landfills by 50 percent to 109.4 pounds per person.
    USDA estimates the amount of food loss and waste from the food supply at the retail and consumer levels: in 2010 food loss and waste at the retail and consumer levels was 31 percent of the food supply, equaling 133 billion pounds and almost $162 billion.

Here’s a link to farmer Al who helped to start the organic movement. https://www.froghollow.com/

Sentence # 2, yes/no many uses/things can be made with orange rind. It’s basically TMI for this board.

Indeed , your ?/point was clearly understood. The posts quoted should have answered both of your questions/points.
    ruking1 said:

My take, neither new/used EV’s are ready for prime time. When they are, it will probably take 10 years to prove the reliability, durability, range, convenience, concepts. An optimistic year would be 2034.

I have been driving EVs for well over 50 years with hardly any problems. They work great as golf carts.

Lucky. No leaks.

Lucky. No leaks.
    You could have taken a little solvent, cleaned those up and reused them. :D
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    For good or ill, I’ve driven both a VW THING and Pontiac AZTEC.

Rented a VW Thing about 15 years ago while working in Mexico for a week. Not much to it. It is essentially a Bug frame with an all metal body on it. It didn’t even have door cards on the inside. I recall it being loud and way underpowered. But, it was light and handled pretty well. I think it was only made as a manual transmission, so probably not many in the U.S. could even drive it.

Again, rented an Aztec when Pontiac was still around on a business trip (in Milwaukee). I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled. Rode well, too. Underpowered and way too much plastic. Of course, it was also ugly. But, roomy comfortable drive.

If Pontiac would have restyled it, and added some soft touch materials inside, it perhaps would not have suffered the ill-fate.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    edited April 2019
    abacomike said:

ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:

ruking1 said:

tjc78 said:

What seems like “waste” to us is food for livestock or fertilizer for enriching nutrients in the soil.  Corn cobs can be ground to a pulp for pig slop.  Just about anything that was part of greenery can become compost.  So I question the 95.5% (IIRC) waste of food because, “...one man’s waste (or one person’s waste to be PC) is another person’s or animal’s or plant’s food...”.

We, as a society, probably do a less than adequate job of using organic waste for fertilizer or food for livestock.  

What should @ question: why the government agency/s/people that should have an/the overall food waste estimate, DO NOT have one???
    edited April 2019
    houdini2 said:

ruking1 said:

I have been driving EVs for well over 50 years with hardly any problems. They work great as golf carts.
    Isn't it grand when you can give it to the golf cart management company to take care of the costs, charging, maintenance, etc., 😉
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Wasn’t the nicer version of the Aztec what Buick sold (I forget the name of their version)

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited April 2019
    I must say those pics. of the toilet’s “hardware” have that toilet look, butt ugly (pun intended). Not enjoying seeing it over and over either ;). We do have diversity of subjects here, though.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,060
    stickguy said:

Wasn’t the nicer version of the Aztec what Buick sold (I forget the name of their version)

Rendezvous. I know some folks who had one, they seemed to like it well enough.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited April 2019
    Will the “compact PU” come back enforce? https://news.yahoo.com/once-dead-compact-pickup-poised-040107138.html

Again, rented an Aztec when Pontiac was still around on a business trip (in Milwaukee). I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled. Rode well, too. Underpowered and way too much plastic. Of course, it was also ugly. But, roomy comfortable drive.

If Pontiac would have restyled it, and added some soft touch materials inside, it perhaps would not have suffered the ill-fate.

Back around ‘01 I had an Aztec rental for a couple of days-long highway road trip for work. I was dismayed when I first saw what I was getting but was pleasantly surprised by it. Drove very well, lots of room, comfortable. The looks and some of the interior bits were the only letdowns (and in fairness the interior was the same as most cars of that era, different types of black and gray plastic and gray mouse-fur upholstery). I could have done a lot worse for a long highway drive.

If it came back on the market would you buy it?

ruking1 said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting thing about used Teslas---if you buy one, Tesla will refuse to give you any service history.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    It happened just like I said it would in my last post, except the owner wasn't a cute young lady...it was her boyfriend. :-(
    But, he was a nice guy.

Looked at the car. Engine compartment a bit dirty. Interior could use a good brooming. Everything looked and sounded good. Tires good, not great. Off brand. Owner said it was a lease the dealership bought back. So that is a bit concerning. Took it out on expressway. Mrs Jipster chatting up owner, who is a software developer moving to New York. Drove nice and smooth. Feels like it will need new brake pads. Everything works. Everything checks out o.k.

After test drive I pulled out the Edmunds card, noting that the 2 biggest sources for car values is Edmunds and KBB. Ask him if he'd could take $3,900. A look of panic comes across his face. I have the Edmunds print out. Guy says he was wanting $5,400. I say will you meet about in middle at $4,700. He says he'll do $5,000, and I say o.k....I'll do $5,000 if there is nothing catastrophic with the Carfax I want to run. He says o.k. Deal. 

So....is it over? Is the year long (on again, off again) search really over?  

Forgot to leave a deposit. Call and guy says dont worry about, I trust you all are good people, just let him know soon. O.k I say the only thing that would prevent me from buying the car is if has a poor Carfax. 

So Shifty, if you're there, can you run a VIN for me?
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Jaguar's electric I-Pace SUV was just named the best car of 2019
    • Jaguar's electric crossover SUV, the I-Pace, was named the best car of 2019 by the World Car Awards.
    • The I-Pace was released in 2018 and is Jaguar's first, fully-electric vehicle.
    • While luxury rivals like Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW plan to release electric SUVs in the coming years, Jaguar's closest competitor to the I-Pace at the moment is Tesla's Model X, though the Model X is larger and seats more people than the I-Pace.
    Jaguar's electric crossover SUV, the I-Pace, was named the best car of 2019 by the World Car Awards.
    The I-Pace was released in 2018 and is Jaguar's first, fully-electric vehicle. It starts at $69,500 before federal and state incentives for electric-vehicle customers. By comparison, Tesla's Model X starts at $89,500 but only with a $3,750 rebate.