Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    URUS seems to be the answer for someone that says a Macan S or SQ5 is too slow. Someone mentioned Macan's were competitive in Autocrosses.

Of course, there is talk of SQ7 or RSQ7 or 8. Q8 seems to be for those that like to say I have a Q8 and Q8> your Q7
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    qbrozen said:
    texases said:
    I wonder if the Urus is "worth" the premium over a maxed-out Cayenne...
    Depends on what you value. To that end, is a maxed out Cayenne worth the premium over a Trackhawk?
    The Urus and Cayenne are near twins under the skin, is why I ask. 
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    edited April 2019
    Not sure if it was a Fisker Karma or the new release, but I saw one today in an unusual pastel kind of lavender blue color, like something I'd expect on the color chart for a 59 Plymouth.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    I saw one of them around here not too long ago. Shocking.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,075
    My buddy Evan wrote this piece on the new Cadillac CT5 today. Best pictures of it I've seen so far. The C-pillar treatment is very unfortunate since the rest of it seems pretty good.

https://www.wheels.ca/news/first-look-all-new-cadillac-ct5-wants-to-prove-that-sedans-are-still-alive/

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Also, Buick introduced the new Encore in China today. Much better-looking than the current model.

http://www.autoverdict.com/gm/buick/buick-debuts-encore-encore-gx/

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    texases said:

The Urus and Cayenne are near twins under the skin, is why I ask. 

I know.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I like that encore. Probably too small for the wife and to serve as our utility travel car.

I don’t think this is a late April Fools gag: the first Lexus minivan, thankfully only for China.

http://www.autoverdict.com/toyota/lexus-toyota/lexus-lm-marks-brands-first-minivan/

my goodness. that is just, large.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    Not only is it large, it looks dreadful. I’d be afraid to walk in front of it in fear it might bite.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Oddly enough, mini-vans are considered a prestige ride in China. If you own one, you are deemed somewhat important.

Yeah, I know. Go figure. But it's true.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    Looks like Lexus took a last generation Nissan Quest and welded their signature ugly grill on. 

Wow, that’s borderline Pontiac Aztec ugly.  

At least the mid 90s Minivans were somewhat attractive in their functionality.   Now (aside from the Pacifica) they have all been beaten with the ugly stick.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

sda said:

Not only is it large, it looks dreadful. I’d be afraid to walk in front of it in fear it might bite.

At first glance I thought it was a road vacuum cleaner.

The USDM version isn't any better looking:

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    the first Lexus minivan
    "All Aboard" ... B)
    edited April 2019
    That WOULD be amusing--to install air brakes that hiss when you make a stop to let off passengers.
    someone near my picked up a new Caddy CT4. Dark gray (or grayish blue). Actually looks pretty sharp.

stickguy said:

someone near my picked up a new Caddy CT4. Dark gray (or grayish blue). Actually looks pretty sharp.

You must mean XT4. The CT4 is a sedan that has not been announced yet.

Yeah, that

Someone at work has a new Panamera, saw it for the first time today.

As I work in kind of a tech-adjacent field, some of those who got in back in the day and cashed in are swimming in money, so the new wagon doesn't stick out at all in the parking garage.
    My sister lives in N. Virginia, near where AOL HQ is (or was?). Anyway, this was before they hit big and went public. The early employees all had stock options which when they vested, were worth a bundle. She said the next day the parking lot was flooded with fancy new cars.

Saw 2x Eclipse today, not the cool 90s DSM legend, but the one of a million tall small CUVs.
    I saw one the other day... don’t get using that name

It might be the most offensive old name revival in a long time. I know some are irked by the new Blazer, but I suspect it is a much more competent vehicle than the 85 S10 Blazer my dad had back in the day.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    I like the new Blazer. What I don’t like is GM’s ambitious pricing across all product lines. They all seem over priced.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited April 2019
    sda said:

I like the new Blazer. What I don’t like is GM’s ambitious pricing across all product lines. They all seem over priced.

I think they figure they'll just work it like a clothing store. Mark it all up 50% so you can have a 50% off sale and folks think they are getting a bargain.

Besides, while I haven't dived too deeply, it seems to be priced in line with the Grand Cherokee

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I saw one of them on the road. Looked nice enough.

Yeah it will sell well too. It's pricing is inline with everything else in the segment.

What is it exactly? Chevy's version of the Acadia?

tjc78 said:

Yeah it will sell well too. It's pricing is inline with everything else in the segment.

What is it exactly? Chevy's version of the Acadia?

yes

edited April 2019
    The Blazer's not a rebadged Acadia (that has 3 rows of seats, right?). It's a shortened Traverse, kind of like the Passport compared to the Pilot.
    Not one but 2 E class convertibles. The butt does not look like MB at all to me. But attractive.

My first X7. Large...
    But that grille, that grille..... :s
    I only got to see that monster set of kidneys in the rear-view, still BIG!
    What?

texases said:

The Blazer's not a rebadged Acadia (that has 3 rows of seats, right?). It's a shortened Traverse, kind of like the Passport compared to the Pilot.

I think they are all closely related...

A quick Google shows they are all on the C1XX platform, the Traverse and Enclave are the long wheel base versions. It used to be the Enclave, Traverse and Acadia were all the same.

Surprised Caddy doesn't have a long wheel version too (it's probably coming)

edited April 2019
    tjc78 said:

texases said:

I think they are all closely related...

A quick Google shows they are all on the C1XX platform, the Traverse and Enclave are the long wheel base versions. It used to be the Enclave, Traverse and Acadia were all the same.

Surprised Caddy doesn't have a long wheel version too (it's probably coming)
    Yeah, I should have stated that better.

Ask, and you shall receive (if you were referring to a Caddy C1XXX), but it's a three row on the shorter chassis:
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25861430/2020-cadillac-xt6-three-row-photos-info/
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    qbrozen said:

sda said:

I think they figure they'll just work it like a clothing store. Mark it all up 50% so you can have a 50% off sale and folks think they are getting a bargain.

Besides, while I haven't dived too deeply, it seems to be priced in line with the Grand Cherokee
    I sat in one at the auto show, it felt OK for a $35k vehicle, then @michaell looked at the sticker and it was north of $46k. Nice try Chevy, the Passport is way better inside.

I don't know why but GM is stuck on the interior by Fisher Price mantra.
    Today on the road saw an A-class, big Subaru, BMW 8er.
    New X5 today, new style Altima (likely rental).
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    I've seen a couple of new Altima's, looked like lower trims and also likely rentals.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,573
    We were in Florida, last week.. Already hundreds of new rental Altimas running around

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    kyfdx said:

We were in Florida, last week.. Already hundreds of new rental Altimas running around

And you ended up with a Corolla?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,573
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

And you ended up with a Corolla?
    Small airport, no Emerald Aisle.

On the plus side, since I'm an Emerald Club member, I got to skip the 30 person waiting line, and was in my car within 5 minutes. I took the keys, and beat it! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

When I traveled and rented frequently, I loved Emerald Aisle. It saved so much time. I think now all the majors have something similar.

Yep, Hertz has it too, also tiered like most of the rest.

Speaking of Nissan, I read somewhere that a full third of their sales are fleet, in the US anyway. For some models like Sentra and Altima, probably more than that.
    What happened to Nissan?  They used to make some interesting stuff.

Now nothing is really bad, but nothing that great either.  The only thing I’d consider would be a Maxima or some of the Infiniti models.  

tjc78 said:

What happened to Nissan?  They used to make some interesting stuff.

Now nothing is really bad, but nothing that great either.  The only thing I’d consider would be a Maxima or some of the Infiniti models.  

My sense is that they have taken the penny-pinching to the max, hence the CTV automatics, etc.

edited April 2019
    Nissan still sells a lot, but I think has some image issues. Whenever I see a new one, I think "rental", and I can't imagine who'd buy a new Sentra in this day and age, unless it was insanely cheap.

Co-worker of mine has a 13 Rogue, bought as a low mileage demo. She beats the hell out of it, even using it for farm duty, and has ~90K on it now. It has had zero issues.