Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Honda Accord Deals and Prices (Purchase Discussion)

Comments

• Teran7Teran7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in getting an accord sport 2.0t, what's the best out the door prices people have gotten on them? I live in Marysville, Ohio right where they are being made
  • doliver442doliver442 Member Posts: 11
    Doc and acquisition fees question: Would paying those fees up front put them at risk the same way a down payment would in the case of an accident? I know they're taxed but it doesn't seem to save money on taxes by rolling them in. In fact, looks like you'd save about 5 bucks in my case paying up front, and it would lower the payment significantly since our FL doc fees are a fat 899.00.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Doc and acquisition fees question: Would paying those fees up front put them at risk the same way a down payment would in the case of an accident? I know they're taxed but it doesn't seem to save money on taxes by rolling them in. In fact, looks like you'd save about 5 bucks in my case paying up front, and it would lower the payment significantly since our FL doc fees are a fat 899.00.

Yes, the same risk applies to all non government fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• alapmialapmi Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019
    Looking for feedback on this offer on a 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX.

MSRP: $30,140 (including destination)
    Sale Price: $26,998 (including $750 dealer cash)
    Doc Fee: $100
    TTL: estimating about $2200 (MN Sales tax of 6.5%)
    No add ons.

So total OTD would be about $29,298 depending on what the final TTL would come out to.

A second offer I received from another dealer:
    MSRP: $29,785 (including destination)
    Sale Price: $26,499
    No add ons

So total OTD would be about $28,799 depending on what the final TTL would come out to.

This is my first time trying to negotiate a new car...not sure how to proceed with the process now to try to get a lower price. Do I just take my second Sale price number and reply to the first quote and tell them another dealer quoted me at this price or would I be better to tell them I got a lower price from another dealer and ask for something like $26,000 and see what they say?

Thanks in advance.
  • Phantom949Phantom949 Member Posts: 3
    alapmi said:

Looking for feedback on this offer on a 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX.

MSRP: $30,140 (including destination)
    Sale Price: $26,998 (including $750 dealer cash)
    No add ons.

So total OTD would be about $29,298 depending on what the final TTL would come out to.

A second offer I received from another dealer:
    MSRP: $29,785 (including destination)
    Sale Price: $26,499
    No add ons

So total OTD would be about $28,799 depending on what the final TTL would come out to.

This is my first time trying to negotiate a new car...not sure how to proceed with the process now to try to get a lower price. Do I just take my second Sale price number and reply to the first quote and tell them another dealer quoted me at this price or would I be better to tell them I got a lower price from another dealer and ask for something like $26,000 and see what they say?

Thanks in advance.

Alapmi,

See my post from earlier this week. Bought an Accord Hybrid EX for 28679.25 OTD. Price on the car was 26,000 even. I did have a dealer fee of 599. So it looks like you are right where I was after combining the two. I'd try to see since you know someone else got the price of the car to 26 even see if you could get that 499 off. But I'm in GA you're in MN so it may not work.
  • asaikasaik Member Posts: 3

Got my 2019 Accord Sport 1.5T  for $23,400OTD. 

Above is the buyers order and breakdown. 
  • asaikasaik Member Posts: 3
    asaik said:
    Just got a 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5 CVT for $23,400 OTD. I live in Northern Virginia and got it from Ourisman Honda if this helps anyone. Also got 2.34% loan from an FCU Afro 72months. 

i didn’t care about the MSRP just was negotiating the price on OTD price at every dealer. As this is. R true car I will be paying. 

I took Undercar rubber protection and Teflonfor an additional $500 baked in to loan. (Didn’t plan for this but it so happened that they accepted my ridiculous low offer)
    Can you post the sale price of the car before any fees (and bedore incentives) to help others who are looking to purchase the same model?

Congrats on your deal.

Hope this helps. 
  • pogiboypogiboy Member Posts: 4
    Hi What's the invoice price for a 1.5t and 2.0t accord sport?
    pogiboy said:
    Hi What's the invoice price for a 1.5t and 2.0t accord sport?
    Try this site. This is what I've been looking at during my research. 

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2019-Honda-Accord-Price-c28862
  • tonychang1983tonychang1983 Member Posts: 45
    Do you guys know what the invoice price for the EX is? According to CarGurus, 1800CarShow, CarBuyingStrategies, AutoTrader it is $25,267. According to KelleyBlueBook and the dealer it's $26,167. Is it maybe because the high price includes the destination fee? Is my goal price of $1000 below invoice with or without the destination fee included in the base price (if that's the case)?
    Do you guys know what the invoice price for the EX is? According to CarGurus, 1800CarShow, CarBuyingStrategies, AutoTrader it is $25,267. According to KelleyBlueBook and the dealer it's $26,167. Is it maybe because the high price includes the destination fee? Is my goal price of $1000 below invoice with or without the destination fee included in the base price (if that's the case)?
    Well according to a quick Google search Honda is charging 920$ for destination. So you might be right that the lower number doesn't include destination. 
    Btw a dealer quoted me $24,920 base for the Accord EX. Is that a decent deal (if it include the destination fee) and provided they don't add any BS on there that doesn't need to be? That would be $1,247 below invoice.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009

Btw a dealer quoted me $24,920 base for the Accord EX. Is that a decent deal (if it include the destination fee) and provided they don't add any BS on there that doesn't need to be? That would be $1,247 below invoice.

Yes, it is a decent deal. Are there any incentives included in that price?
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • eenglish99eenglish99 Member Posts: 28
    Surprisingly I tried Costco in Massachusetts for a EX Accord and got ""Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area that has met our strict pricing criteria for the manufacturer you selected."" Looks like they are not playing with Honda. Any feedback as to what the best "fixed price" source is here? I've used TrueCar before and was happy. Is Edmunds about the same. I own a 2011 CRV that I got through TrueCar but would like to go to my local dealer if it is close. We are snowbirds in Florida but I got a price over the phone last month for Honda West at $24,532 + $495 (paperwork) + tax (6.25%) including delivery. She said they might go down. Does this sound good for Massachusetts?

Surprisingly I tried Costco in Massachusetts for a EX Accord and got ""Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area that has met our strict pricing criteria for the manufacturer you selected."" Looks like they are not playing with Honda. Any feedback as to what the best "fixed price" source is here? I've used TrueCar before and was happy. Is Edmunds about the same. I own a 2011 CRV that I got through TrueCar but would like to go to my local dealer if it is close. We are snowbirds in Florida but I got a price over the phone last month for Honda West at $24,532 + $495 (paperwork) + tax (6.25%) including delivery. She said they might go down. Does this sound good for Massachusetts?

Any reason you are going through Costco or TrueCar? You do not always get the best deal when going through these services.
    Your quote seems like a decent deal. What is the MSRP of the car? Are there any incentives included in the price?
  • johnnnnnnnjohnnnnnnn Member Posts: 2
    Hi All!

PLease help, i just closed on mine at the end of March 31st. Blue Honda accord 1.5T,

OTD price of $25,800.

But i bought a 10 year warranty for an extra $1500 and my interest rate was 2.9%. The financial charge on that was $1,800! Does this all seem like a good deal?

My total balance after everything was $29k! I see everyone posting their OTD prices and everything. Does this include interest and warranty?? I didn't get any free accessories like oil changes, just wheel locks. Should I have negotiated more? I live in Chicago and the tax here is rough... Please advise. I absolutely love my car though and thought it was a great OTD deal until the finance part 5 hours later...ugh.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Hi All!

PLease help, i just closed on mine at the end of March 31st. Blue Honda accord 1.5T,

OTD price of $25,800.

But i bought a 10 year warranty for an extra $1500 and my interest rate was 2.9%. The financial charge on that was $1,800! Does this all seem like a good deal?

My total balance after everything was $29k! I see everyone posting their OTD prices and everything. Does this include interest and warranty?? I didn't get any free accessories like oil changes, just wheel locks. Should I have negotiated more? I live in Chicago and the tax here is rough... Please advise. I absolutely love my car though and thought it was a great OTD deal until the finance part 5 hours later...ugh.

No one includes their interest/finance charges in the price they pay.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• johnnnnnnnjohnnnnnnn Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick response! So everyone is solely putting their OTD price out there? So mine was a pretty good deal then for a accord 1.5t sport? Did anyone purchase the 10 year warranty?? Or is that not worth it

Thanks for the quick response! So everyone is solely putting their OTD price out there? So mine was a pretty good deal then for a accord 1.5t sport? Did anyone purchase the 10 year warranty?? Or is that not worth it

Why purchase a 10-year warranty when Honda Accords are one of the most reliable cars?
    edited April 2019

Hi All!

OTD price of $25,800.

The best way to help others looking to purchase a similar car is not to list OTD, since folks in different states pay different registration fees and taxes. That is why I suggest listing the following info:
    • MSRP of the car
    • Sale price of the car (before any incentives)
    • Any incentives
    • Cost of added accessories (if any)
    • Dealer doc fees
    Is $25,800 the sale price of the car before any fees and taxes? You listed your OTD price (including fees and taxes) as $29k.

Since you already purchased the car, there is no need to ask whether you got a good deal. Enjoy the car.
  • theagpolltheagpoll Member Posts: 1
    2019 Accord EXL

MSRP : $31,040
    Sale Price : $26,885
    Doc Fee: $250
    Tag & Title: $33.50
    OTD: $29,000

Good deal?
  • NjLease_2019NjLease_2019 Member Posts: 13
    Hi All,

Here is a deal that a broker offered me.  Can you please share your thoughts and feedback on this deal?

2019 Accord 2.0 Sport
    MSRP: $31,630
    Sale price: $28,139
    MF: .00118
    Residual at 36mo/15k: 55%
    36mo/15k mi - $314/mo with $3500 total due at signing

Hi All,

Here is a deal that a broker offered me.  Can you please share your thoughts and feedback on this deal?

2019 Accord 2.0 Sport

MSRP: $31,630
    Sale price: $28,139
    MF: .00118
    Residual at 36mo/15k: 55%
    36mo/15k mi - $314/mo with $3500 total due at signing
    What does the $3500 cover, specifically?

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I believe this includes

First month payment
    Down Payment
    Gvt and dealer fees
    Tax - NJ 

I believe this includes

First month payment
    Down Payment
    Gvt and dealer fees
    Tax - NJ 

That won't add up to $3500. Get a full accounting from the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok, thank you. I am looking to get the breakdown.

I do have this... Total cost is $314 x 35 + $3500 DAS = $14,490 (1st mo is built into the $3500)

Ok, thank you. I am looking to get the breakdown.

I do have this... Total cost is $314 x 35 + $3500 DAS = $14,490 (1st mo is built into the $3500)

Right, but there could be junk buried in the $3500.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Here is what they provided

1st mo - $314.04
    Bank fee - $595
    DMV - $400
    Tax - $875.55
    Cap reduction (down payment) - $1315.41
    TOTAL: $3500

Here is what they provided

1st mo - $314.04
    Bank fee - $595
    DMV - $400
    Tax - $875.55
    Cap reduction (down payment) - $1315.41
    TOTAL: $3500

Ask them to give you a new quote with only $1000 due at signing, and see what the monthly payment quote looks like then.

Payment will be higher, but you won't risk losing your up front money if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Sd1305Sd1305 Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal? Looking to pull the trigger this weekend. Appreciate the feedback.

2019 Honda Accord EX-L Hybrid in IL

Sale Price - 28,744 (Destination Fee included)
    Invoice - 29,927 (incl destination fee)
    Document Fee - 179.81 + TTL
    Just purchased a 2019 Honda Accord EX Hybrid near Minneapolis, MN

Sale Price - 26,499
    Doc Fee - 100
    OTD after TTL - 28778.19

Tried to negotiate the price down to 26,000 but they wouldn't budge. I suppose if I tried to hold out until later in the month maybe they would have called me back but I wanted to purchase now.
    Got an offer here in Southern California 

2019 Honda Accord EX
    Sale Price after taxes and fees would be $27,200 (destination included)

No accessories included and no incentives taken off the price

Only thing I am not thrilled with is the 3.9% finance for 60 months since it was 2.9% last month.   I’m thinking to wait because me and my wife were able to get 1.9% for 60 months in about July.  

Got an offer here in Southern California 

2019 Honda Accord EX
    Sale Price after taxes and fees would be $27,200 (destination included)

No accessories included and no incentives taken off the price

Only thing I am not thrilled with is the 3.9% finance for 60 months since it was 2.9% last month.   I’m thinking to wait because me and my wife were able to get 1.9% for 60 months in about July.  

Not sure you'll get the low APR then. Interest rates are going up across the board.

But, if you don't need the car at the moment, no reason to pull the trigger until you do.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• grottogrotto Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate opinion on the following pricing on 2019 Accord EX

• MSRP 28,540 (Inc 920 Dest Fee)
    • Sale Price 25,700
    • Doc Fee 450
    • Tax 1,732
    • Registration 300

No accessories.

OTD $28,182

Thanks
    grotto said:

Appreciate opinion on the following pricing on 2019 Accord EX

• MSRP 28,540 (Inc 920 Dest Fee)
    • Sale Price 25,700
    • Doc Fee 450
    • Tax 1,732
    • Registration 300

No accessories.

OTD $28,182

Thanks

That is pretty much the same deal I got here in Southern CA. Personally I don't think that is a great deal because I got that offer from several dealers. This month's interest rate is higher than last from Honda too.... I had been advised to wait if you can. But I know overall that the dealers here would give me that price in a heartbeat so I would wait for something better.
  • danec21danec21 Member Posts: 3
    Just closed on 2019 Accord Sport 1.5 T. 
    $25.000 OTD. I’m in South Florida. 
  • Kyle311Kyle311 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Have a price for accord lx base model $20982 and OTD $23745 (that includes $589 doc and$299 for something else) in Tennessee any thoughts on price? Best from 3 dealer offers but have not gone back to get lower offers yet. Thanks
  • WCSWCS Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know why dealers are giving me 2 different prices for the manufacturer's invoice for a 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX? Some say 26,425, but some say 27,646, and I want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. Also, what do you think is a great price for this car? Please itemize fees, registration and taxes if they are included in the price you recommend. I live in Northern Virginia, near DC. Thank you!
  • Inthemarket48Inthemarket48 Member Posts: 3
    Trying to decide on a new car. Seems everyone has a 2.0 liter Turbo, and I mean everyone. So I guess it comes down to transmission, CVT or standard transmission? The older model CVT's seemed to have problems. Are they better now?
  • WCSWCS Member Posts: 2
    For a 2019 Accord Hybrid EX, I have been offered, in the Washington DC area:

25712 base price +799 processing fee = 26511 plus tax and tags - Does this price look fair/good/great?
    edited May 2019
    Is it just me or are interest rates relatively high right now for the 2019's? I'm still in the market but I'm inclined to wait for the year end clearance since the rates are around 3.9%-4.9% right now

Is it just me or are interest rates relatively high right now for the 2019's? I'm still in the market but I'm inclined to wait for the year end clearance since the rates are around 3.9%-4.9% right now

Unless the Fed decides to ease the rates, don't expect to see a drop in the APRs from the captive banks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Parthm283Parthm283 Member Posts: 1
    Currently looking at a Accord EX-L 2.0
    MSRP - $ 33,040

Dealer is offering,
    OTD - $ 31,050

Location- NJ

What do you think about the deal?
  • haoohaoo Member Posts: 1
    I saw the Virginia buyer's order which is cheaper than what this, but will try to get lower. Thoughts? This is in TX.

2019 Honda Accord Sport1.5T MSRP $27,100.00
    Sales Price $22,853.96
    Destination & Delivery $920.00
    Accessories:
    Total Price $23,773.96
    Taxes $1,546.47
    License, Title, & Registration $203.00
    Doc fee $150.00
    Total Drive out Price $25,673.43
  • newonenewone Member Posts: 2
    Can I get MF, RV, incentives for 2019 Honda Accord 2.0 sport in 20105?  
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    newone said:

Can I get MF, RV, incentives for 2019 Honda Accord 2.0 sport in 20105?  

36/15
    .00180 MF and 55% residual
    $300 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• brian051507brian051507 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2019
    This is where I'm at currently. Finance numbers are generic I can get 3.9% Thoughts? 

2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
    Knoxville, TN area
  • a4s2000a4s2000 Member Posts: 9
    Bought 2019 Accord Touring Hybrid on April 29. $6001 off list thru Amex Car Buying Service/TrueCar. No negotiation. Did not include delivery or 'mandatory' add-ons of wheel locks, door edge guards or etching totaling $749. I think that was a pretty good deal. Had to use their financing (5.54% for 72 mos!) to get that pricing but no prepayment penalty so will pay it off in 3 months.
  • rotofanaticrotofanatic Member Posts: 2
    is 23,700 out the door a great price for the 2019 honda accord lx?
  • Accord_Fan2019Accord_Fan2019 Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer for 2019 Accord Sport 1.5 manual transmission
    23000 selling price
    300 dealer doc fee
    How is that sound?