Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Automatic Suzuki Grand Vitara Stalls when it is put into- D, R,N. Battery was disconnected for 15min

Daisy2381Daisy2381 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2019 in Suzuki
I disconnected my battery trying to get my cruise control to work. Now my car stalls right away when I put my automatic it stalls- Drive, Reverse, Neutral. The battery was disconnected for 15min to try to get cruise control to work on advice but now I'm having this problem. This was never an issue before. I tried to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery again for 15 min then turn the ignition to on position but not starting it I let that be for 30 secs and then shut it off for a while then started the car. it did it again. I then turned it worked some but stalled on occasion. in between, it would work then stall. the odd thing is the cruise control worked. then I shut the car off the check engine light came on the car did the stalling thing cruise stopped working. please help! I have no clue what to do. Just bought the car. A code did show up after the battery was disconnected but doesn't make sense. I looked it up doesn't really go with my problems-P0031. Any ideas? any advice? Automatic Suzuki Grand Vitara Stalls when it is put into- D, R, N. The battery was disconnected for 15min

Best Answers

Answers

• Daisy2381Daisy2381 Member Posts: 5
    Ok, Thank you so much! I will definitely, take your advice. Tomorrow when it’s daylight I will give it a try. Thanks again!
  • Daisy2381Daisy2381 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2019
    So I'm still having a problem with my vehicle. It did come out of it for a while. It drove fine for like a 1- 1/2 days then day 2. That morning the battery was completely dead. Nothing was left on or open. I charged the battery for almost a full day. Then went to pick up my daughter and the car died. When I put it in the park, I had to hold my foot on the accelerator and on the brake to rev the engine enough and basically sit there for 5 minutes to get the car to at least jump enough into drive. Then I had to push my foot on the accelerator and a little on the brake and never stop completely or it would stall. It ran fine all the way into town with no problems. I dropped it off at the mechanic he said that the battery life for this car is like a month even with new battery versus any other car a year. It didn't do it for him he drove it. Any ideas? I'm already $400 in and need ideas. I can't get rid of the car because I just got it. It ran fine before I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes over last week. I ordered the memory saver but not here yet. Please help!