Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Owners Club - Meet the Members

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2019 in Hyundai
Hello Hyundai owners! Welcome to the Edmunds forums.
Whether you're a first time Hyundai owner or having been driving them for years, take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your vehicle.

Comments

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,329
    Hello owner of a 2011 Sonata here.  ;)

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    See? TOLD ya we'd hit your brand :)

Got any pictures?

And it appears we need to get the Honda owners space up and running?
  • Options
    Nope no pictures. will try to get one soon.

Honda owners won't do me to good as my Honda only has two wheels. 

• Options
    Oh yea... doh! ;)
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    Hi All!
    We have had a few Hyundai's

2008 Elantra that my wife had when we first got together
    2009 Genesis Sedan V6, very early build... one of the first ones the dealer sold

Currently have a 2017 Elantra.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    As George Costanza might say... DETAILS! :)

Colors, pictures! Inquiring minds want to know :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    2008 was charcoal over grey. Here are some pictures of the Genny and the 2017

• Options
    I like that two-tone look of the interior
  • Options
    Me too, I really did like the interior of that car.

• Options
    JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 58
    How has the reliability been from your experience, @tjc78? I've heard great things.
    Edmunds Customer Care
  • Options
    The 2008 was flawless over 4 years/ The 2017 Elantra has been perfect as well.

The 2009 Genesis had some new model issues. The power tilt/telescopic wheel was very problematic and the car had a stalling/no power condition that required Hyundai Corporate to diagnose. It was tracked down to bad grounds.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate buying a Hyundai based on reliability.

• Options
    JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 58
    tjc78 said:

The 2008 was flawless over 4 years/ The 2017 Elantra has been perfect as well.

The 2009 Genesis had some new model issues. The power tilt/telescopic wheel was very problematic and the car had a stalling/no power condition that required Hyundai Corporate to diagnose. It was tracked down to bad grounds.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate buying a Hyundai based on reliability.

Nice. I'm loving some of the new models in the current lineup. I had a 2005 Santa Fe last year for ~ a year and didn't have any issues other than cruise control being broken, but I bought it like that.
    Edmunds Customer Care
  • Options
    JustinS said:
    The 2008 was flawless over 4 years/ The 2017 Elantra has been perfect as well. The 2009 Genesis had some new model issues. The power tilt/telescopic wheel was very problematic and the car had a stalling/no power condition that required Hyundai Corporate to diagnose. It was tracked down to bad grounds. I certainly wouldn't hesitate buying a Hyundai based on reliability.
    Nice. I'm loving some of the new models in the current lineup. I had a 2005 Santa Fe last year for ~ a year and didn't have any issues other than cruise control being broken, but I bought it like that.
    The only problem we have had with the Sonata was that the HVAC blower and resistor went bad this last winter. Easy repair once we got the parts, the only hard part was removing the one screw needed to replace the blower. It's situated in a place that makes it impossible to see so you have to feel around for it. But even with that it was under 10 minutes to replace everything.

• Options
    The Kona seems to bring up the issue of cladding again

Not to the level of the Vehicross, but still there

• Options
    As usual with the cladding, the color makes a big difference. A lighter color always makes it stand out more.

I don't hate, but I hope we don't start getting like mid 90s Pontiac either.

• Options
    I'm neutral about cladding. If it's your style or my style, OK. If it's not, it's not. The Vehicross certainly certainly caught the eye, especially in the yellow. The color "lime twist" on the Kona is a lot like "alien 2" on the Soul. Would not be my first choice

• Options
    PF_Flyer said:
    I'm neutral about cladding. If it's your style or my style, OK. If it's not, it's not. The Vehicross certainly certainly caught the eye, especially in the yellow. The color "lime twist" on the Kona is a lot like "alien 2" on the Soul. Would not be my first choice
    I would say it depends on the amount of cladding and the colors used. 

• Options
    lae0804lae0804 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2019
    Recently, I have returned 2016 Hyundai Genesis 4dr Sedan with good condition (No Damaged).
    Currently, Hyundai Lease-end Team Supervisor is trying to charge $450 of wear & use.
    I guess local Hyundai dealership or trucking company made the damages.
    I have enough proof of recorded video, pictures, and document.
    However, Hyundai Lease-end Team Supervisor has rejected all my proofs because she can see the damages in the video and pictures.
    Also, Keyes Hyundai lease return manager, she is keep saying the trucking company made the damages.
    They're passing their responsibility to me.
    It’s bad enough being wronged.

• Options
    So you're saying the damage was there when you took possession? Was the trucking company and dealer involved in you returning the vehicle? I'm not clear on when the damage took place
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Damages made after I returned car.
    No damages when I returned car at the dealership.
    First 2 pictures, return condition.
    The other 2 pictures, they moved to third party inspection company lot and inspected.
  • Options
    The damage, especially on the edge of the wheel well, seems pretty unusual to me. No bent metal, just scrapes. I'm a bit curious why you would take photos of a specific area on the car that had no damage, yet damage to that area is there when they inspect it. Did you take shots of the entire car when you returned it?
  • Options
    I have a video for entire car and the specific area as you mentioned, I took screenshots from the video.
  • Options
    OK, that's what I thought you probably did, just wasn't sure. So the lease return manager at the dealer is on your side and is saying the trucking company caused the damage, but the Hyundai Lease-end Team Supervisor says they can see damage on the video you took.?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The dealership return manger is not my side she doesn't want to involve this issue so, she passes to the trucking company.
    Yes, Hyundai Lease-end Team Supervisor keep says can see damage on the video.
    She told an obvious blatant lie.
    I'm very sure dealership or trucking company made the damage.
    Therefore, I complain of an injustice to Hyundai.
  • Options
    Move up to the next level of supervisor and keep fighting.  Does your video have a time/date stamp? 

• Options
    Assuming you can time/date the video and it shows no damage, you definitely need to move up to the next level and keep fighting.
  • Options
    Thank you tjc78!
    Yes, my video has time and date.
  • Options
    Thank you so much PF_Flyer
    I won't be give up for this.

• Options
    Keep us posted on how it all turns out. Is this your first Hyundai?
  • Options
    I will.
    This was my 3rd Hyundai and I have had 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2006 Hyundai Entourage.
    Thank you again!
  • Options
    First lease?
  • Options
    Yes, for the Hyundai.
    I have leased 2014 Kia Cadenza before the Genesis.
  • Options
    The "just spotted in..." spyshots, like this one of the next-gen Hyundai i20 always crack me up. Most of them look pretty well staged for "just spotted" :)

• Options
    WasChopsSCWasChopsSC Member Posts: 1
    Hello - own a 2022 Santa Cruz, Limited Phantom Black... looking for a nearby Hyundai club or specifically a Santa Cruz local Tampa area club