Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Deal any good?

QuernQuern Member Posts: 4
edited April 2019 in Mazda
I have two options to lease a 2018 Mazda 6 and I have never leased before.

Option 1 - 2018 Touring
$27190 MSRP
$24701 sale
MF - .00001
Residual .50
15K miles/year
Acq fee 595
Rebate 360
Trade In value against lease $2k
Monthly payments of $300 with adj residual of $13595

Option 2 is a 2018GT
$30690 MSRP
$27039 sale
MF - .00001
Residual .51
15K miles/year
Acq fee 595
Rebate 360
Cash Due at signing $773
Monthly payments of $300 with adj residual of $15651

Are either of these good deals? I may consider buying out given the MF is so low... would this be wise or a bad move?
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    Quern said:

I have two options to lease a 2018 Mazda 6 and I have never leased before.

Option 1 - 2018 Touring
    $27190 MSRP
    $24701 sale
    MF - .00001
    Residual .50
    15K miles/year
    Acq fee 595
    Rebate 360
    Monthly payments of $300 with adj residual of $13595

Option 2 is a 2018GT
    $30690 MSRP
    $27039 sale
    MF - .00001
    Residual .51
    15K miles/year
    Acq fee 595
    Rebate 360
    Cash Due at signing $773
    Monthly payments of $300 with adj residual of $15651

Are either of these good deals? I may consider buying out given the MF is so low... would this be wise or a bad move?

With the prices and numbers youve given, I get a payment of $309/mo, plus tax, for the Touring, and $317/mo, plus tax, for the GT.

What ZIP code is this for?

Do you know how the $2000 (Touring) and $2773 (GT) up front cash is being applied, specifically?

We recommend only paying the first payment and any registration costs, up front, and roll everything else (taxes and fees) into the lease payment. You'll have a higher payment, but you won't risk losing the up front cash or trade equity in the event the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• QuernQuern Member Posts: 4
    My zip code is 44124
  • QuernQuern Member Posts: 4
    i am not sure how the up front cash is being applied. On the touring they just reduced the sell price to what is noted and then stated an addition $360 in rebate. No other rebate was applied.
    Does your option include the value of my trade to get down to $309 or is that without my trade? Thanks in adv.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    Quern said:

i am not sure how the up front cash is being applied. On the touring they just reduced the sell price to what is noted and then stated an addition $360 in rebate. No other rebate was applied.
    Does your option include the value of my trade to get down to $309 or is that without my trade? Thanks in adv.

My calcuations simply used the prices you provided, without any upfront cash or trade equity.

Ask the dealer for the breakdown of the upfront monies.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• chylomicronchylomicron Member Posts: 17
    I wasn't able to close the deal before January 6th on a 2019 Mazda 6 Sport in my area but there is still inventory available around me (zip code 44124).
    Are you able to provide MF, residual and incentives on the 2019 Sport trim for 3 years and 36K miles? I am curious to see what changes took place for the January 2020 programs...

(Note: other semi-relevant thread was closed by mods and the site is not allowing me to start a new thread).

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

I wasn't able to close the deal before January 6th on a 2019 Mazda 6 Sport in my area but there is still inventory available around me (zip code 44124).
    Are you able to provide MF, residual and incentives on the 2019 Sport trim for 3 years and 36K miles? I am curious to see what changes took place for the January 2020 programs...

(Note: other semi-relevant thread was closed by mods and the site is not allowing me to start a new thread).

There doesn't seem to be any lease support for 2019 Mazda sedans, any longer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chylomicronchylomicron Member Posts: 17
    kyfdx said:

There doesn't seem to be any lease support for 2019 Mazda sedans, any longer.
    Thank you! I appreciate your time.
    Have a great weekend!