Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    fintail said:

She beats the hell out of it, even using it for farm duty, and has ~90K on it now. It has had zero issues.

And that's why they are popular. Not flashy, but dependable. They've been offering the CVT for a while, so it's likely dialed in, engineering wise.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    My son in law had a leased 2013/2014(not sure). Looked great and it didn't really have any problems, but it handled horribly and had tons of rattles by the time he turned it in.
    Anyone who drove it, hated it.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    New style X5, white, CA plates, weaving around in traffic to perfectly match the stereotype.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Saw my first new s60 in the wild today. Sharp car. The s90 design language carried over well.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,441
    I think it looks better. the S90 just looks too stretched out to me (like someone pulled taffy)

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    S90 looks pretty large in real life, doesn't it?
    Saw an X7 today. Reminded me of a local ad, where a spokeswoman exclaims it is the "biggest BMW ever!" or something similar. Is that really something to be proud of?

Also saw a couple of E wagons, new style but not sure of year. One was an E63, other a red sport trim model. I wonder if my car even has an exact twin, I have some doubt.
    I've seem a couple of new Foresters lately. Seems bigger.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Those Foresters keep growing. The latest Crosstrek is about the size of my son's 2007 Forester, which is just about ideal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    My '06 3-Series is about the size of a new Civic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Not brand new, but saw a late model big Duramax truck today. Noteworthy because it was stuck in the middle of a busy downtown intersection, and had a "DISABLED" sign attached to the back. I noticed it in the same spot an hour later, I overheard guys talking about a fuel problem.
    Saw a new McLaren something or other in traffic - local dealer windshield banner and no visible front plate, probably on a demo run of some kind.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Bentley Bentayga on the way to work this am. Style-wise, really a nothing burger to these eyes.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Bentley Bentayga on the way to work this am. Style-wise, really a nothing burger to these eyes.

Spotted a Bentley convertible at the valet stand of a downtown hotel, yesterday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Did you tip the valet when you got out? :)
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    texases said:
    There's still a lot of Big 3 apologists online (Facebook for example) where this story was posted, and the usual argument is that the problems on the FCA car are exaggerated, and that if it was a "German/Japanese" car, the problems would have been completely overlooked.

Not really sure why these alternate reality viewpoints get argued online; don't they realize they won't convince former owners? Someone that has avoided a brand based solely on word of mouth, perhaps, but not former owners that know the truth.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I saw a pretty new Maserati sedan today. Like the Alfa, I think these are vehicles that each get a different response depending on their color. Kind of unique that way I think.
    I saw another Benley SUV this week in Charleston. Just, a box.

did pass a new Kia Telluride on the road today. Nice looking in person. Not as big looking as the pictures make it seem.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    andres3 said:

texases said:
    There's still a lot of Big 3 apologists online (Facebook for example) where this story was posted, and the usual argument is that the problems on the FCA car are exaggerated, and that if it was a "German/Japanese" car, the problems would have been completely overlooked.

Not really sure why these alternate reality viewpoints get argued online; don't they realize they won't convince former owners? Someone that has avoided a brand based solely on word of mouth, perhaps, but not former owners that know the truth.
    FCA reputation is clearly in the dumps, whether justified or not.
    New Alfa Giulia, at least it was running: https://jalopnik.com/car-and-drivers-long-term-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifogli-1834511976
    There's still a lot of Big 3 apologists online (Facebook for example) where this story was posted, and the usual argument is that the problems on the FCA car are exaggerated, and that if it was a "German/Japanese" car, the problems would have been completely overlooked. Not really sure why these alternate reality viewpoints get argued online; don't they realize they won't convince former owners? Someone that has avoided a brand based solely on word of mouth, perhaps, but not former owners that know the truth.
    All FCA brands typically occupy the bottom ranks of most all quality rankings.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    texases said:

All FCA brands typically occupy the bottom ranks of most all quality rankings.

That's why I went with Jaguar for the last 8 years; Ol' Reliable!
    (Which they pretty much have been, actually).

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

2 new RAV4s. they are multiplying like rabbits I suspect.

Saw my first XT4 in person. Really caught my eye. Sharp car. It is a shame they didn't put enough power under the hood.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I'm a ways from the city this weekend, seems the new car status symbol of choice here is a loaded Tundra - seen many more of these with recent plates than similar domestics.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856
    stickguy said:
    2 new RAV4s. they are multiplying like rabbits I suspect.
    Yeah and come December I’ll have to look at another one for three years outside my house.  

I can’t get Mom away from the things.  At least this generation is nicer looking.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited May 2019
    Saw a Telluride,
    Like someone mentioned earlier, not as big as I thought it was.
    Looked ok, like a Volvo in the back.
    Back from our 1200 mile round trip to Ohio. Saw a total of 2 Tesla's being driven.
    Did see a car carrier with 1/2 a dozen or so on it. There was a red Model S that looked pretty good.
    It was 39 degrees @3pm in PA. Now I see possible snow here in CT overnight? WTH?
    Crazy weather... had the AC on in the house Friday, back to heat today.

the wife was just talking about turning the heat back on tonight. I told her to suck it up. In slightly nicer terms.

Just walked the dog, and grabbed a pair of gloves out of the closet. crazy, considering next week is prime time to start opening pools.

Saw a new style Z4
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    fintail said:

Saw a new style Z4

And what did you think?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

the wife was just talking about turning the heat back on tonight. I told her to suck it up. In slightly nicer terms

You have been married longer than me and can get away with that!   :smile:

stickguy said:
    the wife was just talking about turning the heat back on tonight. I told her to suck it up. In slightly nicer terms. Just walked the dog, and grabbed a pair of gloves out of the closet. crazy, considering next week is prime time to start opening pools.
    Opened mine on Sat, and got a sunburn in the process. Rain hasn’t stopped since. Excellent timing on my part.

It's a car. Didn't notice if it had turn signals or not B)

I suspect the Supra variant might have those more.
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Saw a new style Z4

And what did you think?
    edited May 2019
    Saw my first Audi A5 4-door sportback. From what I can tell it's a fastback A4, without a hatchback. Nice looking, but I'd go for the A4.
    texases said:

Saw my first Audi A5 4-door sportback. From what I can tell it's a fastback A4, without a hatchback. Nice looking, but I'd go for the A4.

It is a hatchback

Yeah, I was just about to come here and correct that. The only pic I could find on the Audi site seemed to show a trunk support on the cropped photo, but I've since found other pics.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    I have seen 7 different Maserati Ghiblis (all different colors) in the past month or so in my little town just north of Plano, Texas (where a Maserati dealership resides). I’m amazed that there are that many people buying a Maserati.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    Have you also notice the large number of MB G-wagons? More than I've ever seen (I'm in far north Dallas).
    I've seen 2015 model Ghibli (virtually indistinguishable from a new one) down to around 25K now. I still wouldn't go for it.

When I was used G-Wagen browsing, I did notice many were in TX, including a blue one I actually inquired about, but it had sold a few hours prior.
    texases said:

Have you also notice the large number of MB G-wagons? More than I've ever seen (I'm in far north Dallas).

@texases, I don’t think I’ve seen any more than one or two G-wagons here in several years of looking. I see quite a few older ones when we go to Santa Fe, which makes sense as a company there was the sole importer of gray market ones for a long while before MB started offering them stateside.
    edited May 2019
    I'm seeing 1 or more a week here, sometimes 2 in a day.
    fintail said:
    I've seen 2015 model Ghibli (virtually indistinguishable from a new one) down to around 25K now. I still wouldn't go for it. When I was used G-Wagen browsing, I did notice many were in TX, including a blue one I actually inquired about, but it had sold a few hours prior.
    Can get a 2012 QP for even a few bucks less. I’d much rather opt for that.

I might save up and get a new style one, not insanely more expensive (I think 2014s can easily be found well under 40K), and maybe easier to live with. The 00s style car, while pretty, is also pretty dated inside, and I can't believe is anything but a maintenance gongshow.
    qbrozen said:

Can get a 2012 QP for even a few bucks less. I’d much rather opt for that.

Durango SRT, blowing by me on I-75.

Aggressive looking, from front and rear.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

texases said:

@texases You must be in that high tone Preston Hollow/Highland Park area. Up here in the ‘burbs, that’s a bit rich for our blood. B)
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    G- Wagons - Texas Militia? B)
    thebean said:

texases said:

@texases You must be in that high tone Preston Hollow/Highland Park area. Up here in the ‘burbs, that’s a bit rich for our blood. B)
    Nope, almost in Plano. That's why it caught my attention over the last four or so months...
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,032
    I saw a M-B A250 hatch today in traffic for the first time. I was surprised at how good it looked.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Something else, like the C and E53 wagons seen in Loonieland that apparently are too cool for Murka.