Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,080
    Ah, I wasn't sure if they were sold south of the border or not. Certainly looked much better than the old B-series bread vans they tried selling here 10 years or so back.

A-class:

B-class:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511
    I like that A class. Sharp.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

The only thing about the A-class I am iffy about is the dash, which looks like several other current MB models. I actually like the "glass cockpit" digital instruments and screens, but the round vents, the shiny black plastic and some other parts look a bit boy-racerish to me and I'm not a fan of the look.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    That specific vent design is a coupe thing, I think MB is trying to inject the pretense of sport into the car - the brand has been doing that throughout the range, and I can't say I support it all. That car also has the fancier style steering wheel also seen in coupes and AMG models, and it's a nice unit.

The full digital gauges being standard is a cool thing and a hint at the future. I think the display may be unique to this model, as it seems shorter in height than the screen in the E or S. The screen being very exposed with a thin bezel makes me a little leery.

The B eventually came to the US, but only as an electric, and I think it has been a slow seller.

Saw 2x new Navigators on the road yesterday. Bling bling.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Saw a Stelvio. Nothing special ... until it drove past me. It was a quadrifoglio.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,303
    Saw a GMC pickup with that multi function tailgate. Pricy truck.
    Also, a new Leaf parked across the street. Much more mainstream looking now.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Saw a new Lexus LS500 today. Wow, have they made their flagship sedan low. I think it was about as low as the wife’s Civic, which is not easy for me to get into.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    Saw a BMW X7, ,"driver" had a phone in their hand because of course. Also saw a new style G-Wagen, I think only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen on the road.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    fintail said:

Saw a BMW X7, ,"driver" had a phone in their hand because of course. Also saw a new style G-Wagen, I think only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen on the road.

Guess they didn’t order Bluetooth. :disappointed::smile:

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Maybe they couldn't figure out how to pair it in iDrive, or perhaps the dealer needs to register the phone with the car first and they hadn't gotten around to that yet. ;)

It's amazing how many late model higher end cars apparently lack Bluetooth.

I suspect it was either a case of a phone not having gone through a $500 registration process as ab348 mentions, or that combination of entitled laziness which might follow certain vehicle models. I have some doubts any LEOs in this area are going to give that citation.
    tjc78 said:

<
    Guess they didn’t order Bluetooth. :disappointed::smile:

some of it is, I think that people don't want their cars spying on them.
    Just another way to monetize your data.
    I really don’t think much of anything except maybe a base model cargo van doesn’t have BT these days. 

My sister's 2012 Sonic had BT. Every passenger car has it now, I suspect.

My car can spy on me all it wants, joke's on them, there's nothing of value in my satellite radio listening or on the rare event I take a call while driving. If people really have that paranoia, time to navigate away from infowars ;)

2 Genesis G80 and a Lincoln Nautilus.

Saw what you want about Lincoln.  Their SUV lineup is excellent, IMO 

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    Yep, Cadillac has nothing on Lincoln's SUVs.
    Saw a 2020 Corolla today. Exactly what one would expect - over-aggressive face, bland profile, and it even has C-pillar DLO fail. It should continue to sell to fleets and those who don't like cars.
    Yeah, the Corolla is bad.... but that is Toyota now.  Take it or leave it.  

I am pretty sure you could get a Yugo, slap Corolla or Camry badges on it, and hundreds of thousands of people would buy it.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    Reviews of the new Corolla are pretty positive. 
    I am sure it will be an awesomely reliable transportation object, probably with just a little low end grunt to make it seem like a performer.
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    Speaking of Corolla those who have not seen this may get a kick out of it. Language warning in the link below.

https://jalopnik.com/the-story-behind-one-of-the-funniest-craigslist-car-ads-1825571462
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    tjc78 said:

2 Genesis G80 and a Lincoln Nautilus.

Saw what you want about Lincoln.  Their SUV lineup is excellent, IMO 

True, but a lot of their dealers leave much to be desired compared to other luxury brands.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Two Jaguar I-Pace, a Ferrari Italia and a McLaren (not sure which one, but white), Hutch/Merritt Parkways. After a couple of BMW i8s on the West Side Drive. Driving the GF's CX-5, nice ride!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

True, but a lot of their dealers leave much to be desired compared to other luxury brands.

I could care less about a place I spend virtually no time at. Some of these dealers have really gotten out of hand, IMO.

Corolla ad was funny, but he did have a good reason for selling it.
    One of our neighbor's has their kids driving some ancient Hondas, which I don't understand.
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, some of them seem a little too posh or overly frilly. A free snack is nice, I guess, but I just want to get in and out in the most efficient way possible, and have service completed as scheduled. I don't need a fireplace or driving range or pilates studio on site.
    tjc78 said:

I could care less about a place I spend virtually no time at. Some of these dealers have really gotten out of hand, IMO.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    ...just gimme some Panera and a good coffee drink ;)
    I usually drop mine off in the morning and the shuttle driver brings me to work and comes back at lunchtime to bring me back.

I spend about a total of 5 mins to drop off and maybe 3 to pick up.

I drop it off, spend an hour wander the lots and going in and out of all the different dealerships (at the automall) and by the time I do that, car is done and I take it back and go home.

All the free little bottles of water I can drink, and some snacks.

guy in my neighborhood seems to have gotten rid of his strippo Ram PU ecodiesel and replaced it with a new Ridgeline. Definitely smaller. I like the looks of the current style.

edited May 2019
    On may way to run an errand, I a Model 3 passed in the direction I just cam from.
    On my way back, it was sitting on the side of he road with the flashers on.
    Probably too long to have pulled over for a phone call. Oh Oh.
    a new Silverado. Cab and a half short bed it looked like. the least bargey you can get I assume. Some off road version. Looked OK, typical overly high and blocky grill and hood.

Another new Navigator today, bling bling. When I saw it, I knew the driver would be either a livery chauffeur or a 5'3" Stepford (it was the latter).

Someone at work has recently acquired a cladded larger Volvo wagon, too.
    Have seen several new Corollas this weekend - the more boring it looks, the better it sells.
    Upon seeing a new Corolla this morning, I was thinking the shape looks familiar:

Especially the greenhouse proportion and detail, wow. Maybe Toyota really is the new GM, with all of its strengths and foibles.
    been seeing quite a few new Tellurides around lately. they might just have a hit on their hands. or they are just noticeable!

one of my neighbors seems to have gotten a new BMW 440 coupe (2 door). Black. Looks sharp. Also a new temp tag range rover Velar. Though there was already one in the 'Hood (same black color) so either there is a copy cat or he got a replacement for some reason.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

Upon seeing a new Corolla this morning, I was thinking the shape looks familiar:
    You can only do so much with a used bar of soap.
    That greenhouse though - same DLO fail at front and rear, similar soft pillars. Maybe there's only one automotive design school in the world, and it has only one professor.
    In North Dallas/Plano today, I was passed by a Panamera GTS. Black with hideous red wheels. Yuck!
    edited June 2019
    In the parking lot at work, a new(I think, well new to the parking lot anyway) white BMW 5 or 7 series.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    fintail said:

Have seen several new Corollas this weekend - the more boring it looks, the better it sells.

Some think bland is great for flying under the radar of speed enforcement, literally! :smile: I will say, I drove a '95 Camry around for nearly 2 years and I never got pulled over.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    The new Honda Passport seems to have hit the nail on the head for what the market wants these days.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    20 inch wheels/tires make the Passport a no go for me. I’m not real smart, so maybe there’s a valid reason, but it seems like 18 inchers would have been just fine for it, with, of course, some design tweaks to make the wheel openings a bit smaller.
    Bigger sidewalks is all you need.

thebean said:

20 inch wheels/tires make the Passport a no go for me. I’m not real smart, so maybe there’s a valid reason, but it seems like 18 inchers would have been just fine for it, with, of course, some design tweaks to make the wheel openings a bit smaller.

I agree, I noticed the 20's, even on lower trims! I mentioned it to the salesman, how I switched the 20's on my TTS to 19's, and it's crazy that Honda is putting 20's on a Passport even in basic trims. Now the ELITE model, at $54K, I could understand.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    andres3 said:

thebean said:

I agree, I noticed the 20's, even on lower trims! I mentioned it to the salesman, how I switched the 20's on my TTS to 19's, and it's crazy that Honda is putting 20's on a Passport even in basic trims. Now the ELITE model, at $54K, I could understand.
    I test drove the Passport, and didn't notice a rough ride on the 20's

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited June 2019
    Michaell said:

andres3 said:

thebean said:

I test drove the Passport, and didn't notice a rough ride on the 20's
    The sidewalls are plenty decent, even with 20" wheels, They are some big tires. Still, I could see an even beefier more off-road type tire used if they went with 18" wheels. My objection to 20" wheels is the cost of 20" tires. Have you looked lately?