Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford beeping noise

Juliano_RJuliano_R Member Posts: 3
edited May 2019 in Ford
I recently replaced the mass airflow sensor and now every time I go to start it makes this beeping sequence. Any ideas?

2011 Ford Escape 3.0L

https://youtu.be/iwm6M-b8Kt4

Answers

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Only during start up? No other time?
  • Juliano_RJuliano_R Member Posts: 3
    PF_Flyer said:

Only during start up? No other time?

Yes, only during start up.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    So no performance issues. Mileage or power hasn't suddenly dropped? Since it's a sensor, it almost feels like a "software version" kind of issue, if that makes sense. It's like the "format" of the sensor output isn't quite the same as what was coming from the old one. Your car is expecting a certain kind of output from the sensor, and during start up, the engine control unit is seeing something that's triggering the sequence.

Maybe this is something that can be fixed with reprogramming the ECU? We need one of our more expert members here. @thecardoc3 What do you think?
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745

Sorry, cant help with this one. I even tried using my scan tool to command the different chimes on my 2010 Escape and the only difference was the speed of the three tone chime. Mine does not do that two tone at any time. Looking in the owners manual there is a chime mentioned, "if equipped" that only alerts when a new message shows up in the drivers information center but even that specifically says except for the parking brake applied warning.

The only thing I found in Fords service information are these two captures.

If I had the car I could command the different chimes to see what it is.
  • Juliano_RJuliano_R Member Posts: 3
    Oh well, I'll look into it, thanks.