Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Honda Accord Deals and Prices (Purchase Discussion)

Comments

• Accord_Fan2019Accord_Fan2019 Member Posts: 5

is 23,700 out the door a great price for the 2019 honda accord lx?

is it with dmv sales tax?
  • josh123456josh123456 Member Posts: 9

I have an offer for 2019 Accord Sport 1.5 manual transmission
    23000 selling price
    300 dealer doc fee
    How is that sound?

From my research and discussions with internet sales managers while looking for our 2019 Accord, I believe there is still more room for negotiation. At least another $500.

23000 selling price
    300 dealer doc fee
    How is that sound?

From my research and discussions with internet sales managers while looking for our 2019 Accord, I believe there is still more room for negotiation. At least another $500.
    Is your Accord also with manual transmission?
    Seems like it cost a little more for manual transmission now days. Used to be the other way around back in the day.
    #savethemanuals

23000 selling price
    300 dealer doc fee
    How is that sound?

Is your Accord also with manual transmission?
    Seems like it cost a little more for manual transmission now days. Used to be the other way around back in the day.
    #savethemanuals
    I was originally shopping for a manual. Those manuals, on the dealers that had a manual in stock, had really low stock numbers and VINs. One dealer said they were having trouble moving the manuals and most of the dealers I talked to were within $200 of my $22,500 number.

I'm now shopping for an automatic because my wife thinks it's dumb to get a car that she won't/can't drive, but I don't see much difference in sales price on my end between a manual or automatic.

YMMV.

• rotofanaticrotofanatic Member Posts: 2

is 23,700 out the door a great price for the 2019 honda accord lx?

is it with dmv sales tax?
    yes everything besides an extended warranty. It include title tag sales tax. Got it down to 23500 otd now.
  • dog99dog99 Member Posts: 8
    What is the target price for a new Accord ex-l 2.0T in the dc-va-md area if bought on May 30 or 31. I will finance if there is flex cash in order to save $500.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    dog99 said:
    What is the target price for a new Accord ex-l 2.0T in the dc-va-md area if bought on May 30 or 31. I will finance if there is flex cash in order to save $500.
    I would recommend reaching out to as many dealers in your area this weekend/early next weekend so that you can get an idea of what pricing is like in your area. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • tonychang1983tonychang1983 Member Posts: 45
    Got a new deal on the 2019 Accord EX here in Southern California.

Total OTD = $26,900 (that is with TTL, no incentives deducted from the price, no accessories included, and free oil changes for a year)
    Their finance APR is too high but Wescom credit union is offering 2.74% on the 60 month finance.

What do you guys think?

Got a new deal on the 2019 Accord EX here in Southern California.

Total OTD = $26,900 (that is with TTL, no incentives deducted from the price, no accessories included, and free oil changes for a year)
    Their finance APR is too high but Wescom credit union is offering 2.74% on the 60 month finance.

What do you guys think?

Give us just the sales price on the car since taxes and license fees vary drastically from state to state.

Also, in case anyone wants updated offers on a 1.5T Sport Auto, I've been getting offers between $22,000 and $22,700 from just about every dealer. That's strictly sales price which does not include sales tax, fees (doc), etc... Now with the additional $750 Honda Loyalty Cash Offer which just came out, I'm going back to them and asking if their offers just got better.
    edited May 2019

Also, in case anyone wants updated offers on a 1.5T Sport Auto, I've been getting offers between $22,000 and $22,700 from just about every dealer. That's strictly sales price which does not include sales tax, fees (doc), etc... Now with the additional $750 Honda Loyalty Cash Offer which just came out, I'm going back to them and asking if their offers just got better.

2019 Accord EX
    Vehicle Price = $24,400
    Sales Tax CA = $1,980
    Registration = $412
    Doc Fee = $85

OTD = $26,900
  • BCM7208BCM7208 Member Posts: 10
    Hey all, put out some RFQs today for a 2019 Sport 2.0T after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket. Got a quote for $27,590 which is nearly $1,500 below invoice. They also indicated they could beat the Honda advertised 4.49% for 60 mos, and with excellent credit may be able to get me to 1.9%. I'm in SoCal.

I'll wait for the other quotes but this sounds pretty solid for a first quote does it not? I'm still waiting for the other dealers to get back to me but hope to pull the trigger this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is good timing!
    BCM7208 said:

Hey all, put out some RFQs today for a 2019 Sport 2.0T after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket. Got a quote for $27,590 which is nearly $1,500 below invoice. They also indicated they could beat the Honda advertised 4.49% for 60 mos, and with excellent credit may be able to get me to 1.9%. I'm in SoCal.

I'll wait for the other quotes but this sounds pretty solid for a first quote does it not? I'm still waiting for the other dealers to get back to me but hope to pull the trigger this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is good timing!

What dealership is this? I am located in Socal too and would love to know what is offering 1.9%
    Where are you at? In TEXAS the best I find is 23000 and 300 for doc fee. It is including destination fee.
    Hey all, put out some RFQs today for a 2019 Sport 2.0T after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket. Got a quote for $27,590 which is nearly $1,500 below invoice. They also indicated they could beat the Honda advertised 4.49% for 60 mos, and with excellent credit may be able to get me to 1.9%. I'm in SoCal. I'll wait for the other quotes but this sounds pretty solid for a first quote does it not? I'm still waiting for the other dealers to get back to me but hope to pull the trigger this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is good timing!
    What dealership is this? I am located in Socal too and would love to know what is offering 1.9%
    I'm still skeptical.   This was in response to telling them I'm leaning toward a Camry due to their financing.  I'm planning on going in Friday so I'll report back if they make it happen.  
  • sjaka80sjaka80 Member Posts: 2
    I got an quote for Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 2019:
    *MSRP: 33134.00 (includes delivery charges)
    - Discount: 4000.00
    - Honda Loyalty Discount: 750.00
    - Dealer Cash: 1000.00
    + Tax, Tag/Title : 2900.00
    Out the door price: $30,284.00

I'm in Florida/ Tampa Bay area.

Is it a good deal?

* At another dealership I got the MSRP 32640.00, but their discount offer was less.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    BCM7208 said:

after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket.

Why would you want to get another Honda after your first one lasted 11 years before catastrophically failing?

:wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Where are you at? In TEXAS the best I find is 23000 and 300 for doc fee. It is including destination fee.

Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois - email a bunch of dealers and start getting offers in writing. Then go to your Texas dealers and show them 10+ dealerships (and there are many more) who have $X as the sales price and you don't see why they can't get to the same number or close to it.

edited May 2019
    Michaell said:

BCM7208 said:

after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket.

Why would you want to get another Honda after your first one lasted 11 years before catastrophically failing?

:wink:
    LOL. Honestly it was probably a bit my fault. I've been shopping around and love the new Accord, so when that temp gauge shot up I probably didn't let off as soon as I should have. Drove that thing 182k miles with zero issues.
    Just to clarify, does 22000 - 22700 includes destination fee?
  • cullenj94cullenj94 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2019
    I'm being offered sale price of $31,899 + the $750 loyalty on a 2.0 Touring +TTL. This includes destination on a MSRP of $36,870

Should I keep fighting for more? Located in Texas.
    edited May 2019
    Latest on Sport 2.0T.

MSRP, $31,630
    Price: $27,100
    Loyalty discount: $750 
    $26,350

Seems pretty good to me.  Anyone know if there is more dealer cash or financing incentives?   Or just the $750 for Honda owners?

Without the loyalty cash that's 1900 under invoice, so I've gotta think there may be some hidden cash in there and more room to move.  Or did I just get a solid end of month offer?

Just to clarify, does 22000 - 22700 includes destination fee?

Yep. Even in this very thread there's a photo of the offer sheet where he got the sales price down to $22,000. And that as BEFORE the $750 loyalty cash program which came out.

I talked to a dealer and they stated the $750 loyalty cash is only if you finance or lease with them. Honda's interest rates are too high compared to the 2.74% I can get for an auto loan at Wescom. I am still going to see if they are willing to lower the price if they want to make a sale. Prices have dropped a little from the quotes I received from a few months ago.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

I talked to a dealer and they stated the $750 loyalty cash is only if you finance or lease with them. Honda's interest rates are too high compared to the 2.74% I can get for an auto loan at Wescom. I am still going to see if they are willing to lower the price if they want to make a sale. Prices have dropped a little from the quotes I received from a few months ago.

That is typical. Most loyalty programs are through the captive bank, not the manufacturer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

BCM7208 said:
    Latest on Sport 2.0T.

MSRP, $31,630
    Price: $27,100
    Loyalty discount: $750 
    $26,350

Seems pretty good to me.  Anyone know if there is more dealer cash or financing incentives?   Or just the $750 for Honda owners?

Without the loyalty cash that's 1900 under invoice, so I've gotta think there may be some hidden cash in there and more room to move.  Or did I just get a solid end of month offer?
    Closed yesterday at 26,500.  Negotiated the dealer installed accessories down to 200.  Very happy with the deal.
    Hey all, put out some RFQs today for a 2019 Sport 2.0T after my beloved 2008 Civic blew a head gasket. Got a quote for $27,590 which is nearly $1,500 below invoice. They also indicated they could beat the Honda advertised 4.49% for 60 mos, and with excellent credit may be able to get me to 1.9%. I'm in SoCal. I'll wait for the other quotes but this sounds pretty solid for a first quote does it not? I'm still waiting for the other dealers to get back to me but hope to pull the trigger this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is good timing!
    So it was in fact a ploy to get me in.  Pissed me off so I went back to the dealer with the lowest original quote.  They got me 3.65% for 60 months through a local credit union.  I didn't have to do the financing on my own.
    They honored the 750 for me and financed through a credit union, not Honda.   I guess its possible that they had some deal with this credit union but I'd call other dealers.
    edited May 2019
    BCM7208 said:

BCM congrats, that sounds like a great deal on the 2.0. Is the price before or after TTL?

I have several dealers giving me OTD for $26,750-$26,900, and one dealer told me that isn't with the $750 loyalty cash added. With that he said it'll be $26,000 OTD. I think I am about ready to make the jump (this is for the 2019 Accord EX), although seeing your deal for the 2.0 makes me think if I can do a little better. I am tired of negotiating though, I feel like anything under $26,000 would be worthwhile lol.
  • Pesso33Pesso33 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    BCM7208 said:

BCM, that's a great deal you've there. So $26500 +TTL for Sport 2.0 correct? Do you mind sharing the dealership or salesperson? In Socal, also looking for 2.0 model.
  • base64000base64000 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    We purchased the following:

New 2019 Accord LX including the following options:
    - Wheel locks
    - Trunk tray
    - Mud guards
    - Window tint
    - Nitro in tires
    - One year Kahu service

OTD price $23,400 (including taxes, title, registration etc.).

Was this a good price?

Added information:
    - Location is TX, sales taxes are 6.25%
    - Price breakdown:
    - price of vehicle - $20713.86
    - Options - $924
    - Dealer inventory tax - $48.77
    - Sales tax - $1352.37
    - Document fee - $163
    - State inspection fee - $7
    - License fee - $118.25
    - Local fees - $23
    - Tags & title - $49.75
    Total OTD - $23,400
  • Accord1_5t2019grayAccord1_5t2019gray Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2019 1.5t Accord Sport in Metallic, Automatic CVT. 

Out the door price price at Stockton Honda in California.  

$25,609 out the door, no hassle, threw in $599 “Pro Pack” (trunk rubber, mud flaps, black wheel locks), suggested my own credit union and got 3.4% for 6 years. (I’ll pay of early don’t worry).  It was the best deal around my area in Nor Cal.  Good experience, friendly, and quick. 

I don't think that's accurate. Every dealer I have talked to said the loyalty cash would be applied to our deal regardless if we were financing through Honda. The only requirement is that we must currently have a Honda product in the garage that is registered to someone in our household and at our home address. Also, Acura does not qualify.

I don't think that's accurate. Every dealer I have talked to said the loyalty cash would be applied to our deal regardless if we were financing through Honda. The only requirement is that we must currently have a Honda product in the garage that is registered to someone in our household and at our home address. Also, Acura does not qualify.
    The info I have is you are required to have a 2009 or newer Honda, either own or lease, and purchase an eligible Accord. Finance or lease is not necessary to get the loyalty bonus

Which is unusual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2019
    kyfdx said:
    The info I have is you are required to have a 2009 or newer Honda, either own or lease, and purchase an eligible Accord. Finance or lease is not necessary to get the loyalty bonus Which is unusual.
    Yeah the info that one dealer told me was inaccurate.  I talked to another dealer (that actually gave me a lower price) and he told me that was untrue too.  I don’t have to finance through them to get that $750 loyalty cash.  Don’t know if they were trying to make me pay more by financing through them but I will not be going to that dealer.  
  • Jdmikey83Jdmikey83 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2019 1.5t Accord Sport in Metallic, Automatic CVT. 

Out the door price price at Stockton Honda in California.  

$25,609 out the door, no hassle, threw in $599 “Pro Pack” (trunk rubber, mud flaps, black wheel locks), suggested my own credit union and got 3.4% for 6 years. (I’ll pay of early don’t worry).  It was the best deal around my area in Nor Cal.  Good experience, friendly, and quick. 
    I’m thinking of going to Stockton Honda this weekend. Was that the price they gave you or did you negotiate at all?

BCM7208 said:

BCM congrats, that sounds like a great deal on the 2.0. Is the price before or after TTL?

I have several dealers giving me OTD for $26,750-$26,900, and one dealer told me that isn't with the $750 loyalty cash added. With that he said it'll be $26,000 OTD. I think I am about ready to make the jump (this is for the 2019 Accord EX), although seeing your deal for the 2.0 makes me think if I can do a little better. I am tired of negotiating though, I feel like anything under $26,000 would be worthwhile lol.
    $26k out the door on an EX? You realize that invoice on the EX is $26,463 right? I would run to the dealer to take that deal. You're around $2500 under invoice on the sales price before TTL. What more do you want?

I got out the door for $29k which is exactly the invoice on the Sport 2.0T. Sales prices was $2.5k below invoice.

Pull the trigger man!
  • civic2accordcivic2accord Member Posts: 4
    Closed the deal on a 2019 accord sport 1.5
    Paid 22218
    Doc 599
    Nitro 199
    DMV 301
    Tire tax 7.5
    Tax 1519
    OTD 24754
    BCM7208 said:
    BCM congrats, that sounds like a great deal on the 2.0. Is the price before or after TTL? I have several dealers giving me OTD for $26,750-$26,900, and one dealer told me that isn't with the $750 loyalty cash added. With that he said it'll be $26,000 OTD. I think I am about ready to make the jump (this is for the 2019 Accord EX), although seeing your deal for the 2.0 makes me think if I can do a little better. I am tired of negotiating though, I feel like anything under $26,000 would be worthwhile lol.
    $26k out the door on an EX? You realize that invoice on the EX is $26,463 right? I would run to the dealer to take that deal. You're around $2500 under invoice on the sales price before TTL. What more do you want? I got out the door for $29k which is exactly the invoice on the Sport 2.0T. Sales prices was $2.5k below invoice. Pull the trigger man!
    I did pull the trigger on the EX on Memorial Day.  Out the door was $26,375 that was with TTL, but with $750 loyalty included.  The dealer and I agreed on $26,000 out the door before I can in (I was very clear on the out the door).  However when it wasn’t time the manager said that was too low and could do $26,750 because that is the actual price with the loyalty.  

I don’t know if I believed him but I told them that was not the agreed price with the dealer and you already ran my credit.  I didn’t want to go back and forth (and I don’t put this on the dealer because when we set the agreed price he went to get approval initially).   Either way I said let’s meet halfway and the manager agreed.  I am very happy with the deal and overall the transaction was smooth. 
  • Jamstwr181Jamstwr181 Member Posts: 2
    I’m looking for a new touring, im in NC and wouldnt mind going a state or two away, but local dealerships are frozen at pretty high prices (34.5k otd) and nc has pretty low vehicle tax. Anyone recommend dealerships in NC or surrounding states? Seems like people posting recent touring prices are amaZing in comparison. Id like a 32-33k otd price point.
  • Cubsfan203Cubsfan203 Member Posts: 1
    2019 Accord 1.5 Sport in Blue

-$22,497 purchase price (includes tint, protection package, wheel locks etc)
    -$24,300 OTD

This was in TX. Had a great sales guy and the entire process was smooth and easy. Took in a written offer sheet from another dealer at $24,900 OTD, asked for $24,000 and we met in the middle at $24,300 OTD. I felt it was a great deal and am happy with the purchase. 
  • xdjs123xdjs123 Member Posts: 2
    2019 Honda Accord Hybrid (modern steel metallic) Base model

Currently have quotes for 25,500 OTD with all taxes and fees included. Is this reasonable or could i get it dropped more. Looking for feedback on what people have paid for this model OTD. This is in CA. This is my first buy so dont know how much to haggle prices.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    Got a 2019 Honda Accord EXL Hybrid, Silver/Black, north east PA, 27.5K sale prices including 750 incentive for owning Honda, 29.5K OTD. Sales Tax 6% for PA. Financed with dealer which provided another 500 incentive, again sale was 27.5 OTD was 29.5.

The day after, last day of the month I got multiple offers for 30K OTD both from NJ and PA dealers, which made it a sale price of 28K + doc/tags/tax in my case.

So far car is really nice, very comfortable ride. Hope this helps in your price negotiations. Good luck!
  • MygraduationgiftMygraduationgift Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

what you you think of below deal for 2019 Accord Touring 2.0

31000 car
        199 security etch
         600 heated steering    
         400 black sport chrome grill     
         460 decklid spoiler
         895 dealer pro pak
         400 tire and wheel coverage for 7 yr
       2200 tax
         400 registration 
    ————————
    36354 out of door

letnw knownif it’s good deal
    xdjs123 said:
    2019 Honda Accord Hybrid (modern steel metallic) Base model Currently have quotes for 25,500 OTD with all taxes and fees included. Is this reasonable or could i get it dropped more. Looking for feedback on what people have paid for this model OTD. This is in CA. This is my first buy so dont know how much to haggle prices.
    What trim? What is the price breakdown?
    Without any of that information we can't tell whether you are getting a good deal. 
    Hi everyone,

31000 car
        199 security etch
         600 heated steering    
         460 decklid spoiler
         895 dealer pro pak
       2200 tax
         400 registration 
    ————————
    36354 out of door

The price of the car before dealer add-ons is not bad at all. Get rid of the security etch and dealer pro pack. Try and negotiate pricing for the heated steering wheel, chrome grill and decklid spoiler. 
    Is the MSRP close to $37k (before accessories)?
    Got a 2019 Honda Accord EXL Hybrid, Silver/Black, north east PA, 27.5K sale prices including 750 incentive for owning Honda, 29.5K OTD. Sales Tax 6% for PA. Financed with dealer which provided another 500 incentive, again sale was 27.5 OTD was 29.5. The day after, last day of the month I got multiple offers for 30K OTD both from NJ and PA dealers, which made it a sale price of 28K + doc/tags/tax in my case. So far car is really nice, very comfortable ride. Hope this helps in your price negotiations. Good luck!
    Congrats. Enjoy the car. 

Hi everyone,

31000 car
        199 security etch
         600 heated steering    
         460 decklid spoiler
         895 dealer pro pak
       2200 tax
         400 registration 
    ————————
    36354 out of door

$3000 in extras? The car is pretty nice, just the way it comes from the factory. All of those items together won't add $100 in value, when you get ready to sell it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xdjs123xdjs123 Member Posts: 2

xdjs123 said:

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid (modern steel metallic) Base model

Currently have quotes for 25,500 OTD with all taxes and fees included. Is this reasonable or could i get it dropped more. Looking for feedback on what people have paid for this model OTD. This is in CA. This is my first buy so dont know how much to haggle prices.

What trim? What is the price breakdown?
    Without any of that information we can't tell whether you are getting a good deal. 

This is for the 2019 accord base lx hybrid model.
    MSRP 26,640
    Internet price 23,295
    OTD Price 25,500 with 7.75% sales tax
    edited June 2019

Hi everyone,

31000 car
        199 security etch
         600 heated steering    
         460 decklid spoiler
         895 dealer pro pak
       2200 tax
         400 registration 
    ————————
    36354 out of door

Following up on your offer, here.

MSRP for this model (from Honda's website) is $36,870.
    Invoice pricing is $33,785.
    Hence, looking at just the price of the car without any add-ons, you are at 2,785 below invoice. That is not a bad deal, but once you factor in all those dealer BS add-ons, it does not look like such a great deal.

You did not say what the dealer doc fees where. Does your price include any incentives? If you are not sure, ask the dealer. If they start playing games, move onto another dealership. Where are you located, btw?

Good luck.