Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    edited May 2019

Hey "car guys" are awesome not perfect.

You can say that again.

I see I misspelled "lightning" in earlier AM post. I apologize for
    any problems that caused. :)

And the emojis aren't working.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    Adjusted for relevant cost of living inputs, delivery guy probably makes half what he did then, and would get canned if he gave something away like that. Such ideals may be a factor behind much of what we see on the road and in what passes for society in general.
    driver100 said:

My father was in sales and traveled a lot. A few times his car broke down (he always bought Fords or Mercury's) and a guy in a beer truck would stop and help, and then send him a case of beer.

What happened to those days?

Sounds like a dangerous game in a heavily armed (and polite lol) locale.
    dino001 said:

I'm trying to watch my mirrors and see if the fellow behind me is distracted or alert. I also watch for tale gating. If I see signs to be concerned, I deliberately slow down to create even more space in front of me (so in emergency I can drive a little longer) and increase reaction time allowance for the yahoo behind me. I also hit my brake pedal sooner without necessarily immediately slowing down (so the rear stop lights will alert that person something may be going on). In most extreme case of tale gating (if it happens at speed), I even "preemptively" briefly hit brake pedal to lit the stop lights and keep driving. Repeat it once or twice and you get the attention. I don't care if the person gets pissed at that point, they were on my tale for long enough.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    Well the weekend went great. Got to 9 of the 11 wineries and got a few cases of some pretty good wine. You guys would have loved driving those roads. They were narrow winding roads in rather hilly areas. Most of them were barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other and sight lines were limited a lot of the time. It will keep manual drivers busy.

Someone mentioned snakes on the road but saw not a one. Tortoises on the other hand were plenty. Saw several lumbering across the road.

The drive home from the very southern tip of Illinois was about 325 miles and only about 105 of those miles was Interstate driving. I hate to say this but outside the southern and northwest areas of this state driving is pretty boring.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    edited May 2019
    qbrozen said:

Everyone who called the Honda Element a Honda Fit has failed the test. :disappointed::p

Geez, all those square boy things look the same. I was pretty sure it wasn't a Fit but I [non-permissible content removed] U SME D people would know which one was the truck and which one was the boxy little SUV.....literasry license, for identification purposes only! :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

houdini2 said:

driver100 said:

thebean said:

driver100 said:

I’m amazed at how many of those dash cam videos show crashes with someone failing to yield while making left turns.

https://youtu.be/-0H8BX8OM9s

Using the Driver100 System of Defensive Driving (DSDD) the accident could have been avoided. Although the Honda is clearly in the wrong....and it does appear made a left turn from a driving lane, not the left turn lane, the truck driver did not use defensive driving at all. Maybe he did what an average person would do....assumed he had the right of way and the Honda would wait.

If he used DSDD and "Thought about the stupidest thing the Honda driver could do - then be ready because the Honda driver will probably do it", he would have been prepared to stop or slow down in time. Could have saved him a lot of time, inconvenience and possibly pain.

I will say, it takes a toll on you having to drive defensively all the time.......have to really be concentrating and thinking constantly.
    @driver100, that’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking there. There’s no way to anticipate every dumb thing that someone is going to do. The Honda was clearly in the wrong. The truck could have made more of an effort to avoid it or slam on their brakes, but to say that you would have been omniscient enough to see that the Honda would do that is really 20/20 hindsight, no matter what your system of defensive driving.
    I did say the Honda driver was clearly at fault, and the truck driver would have to have extraordinary defensive driving skills to have avoided the accident. But, when I see the Honda starting to go into that turn, my radar went on....not saying I could have slowed down in time, but, I think I may have avoided that collision.

When I saw the possibility he or she was going to make a left turn I was weighing in my mind what that driver could possibly do, that I may have to try and avoid.
    Any advice on avoiding being rear ended?
    Don't stop for a yellow light :@

qbrozen said:
    Everyone who called the Honda Element a Honda Fit has failed the test

You mean to be a real car guy you have to have OCD?

edited May 2019
    dino001 said:

houdini2 said:

I'm trying to watch my mirrors and see if the fellow behind me is distracted or alert. I also watch for tale gating. If I see signs to be concerned, I deliberately slow down to create even more space in front of me (so in emergency I can drive a little longer) and increase reaction time allowance for the yahoo behind me. I also hit my brake pedal sooner without necessarily immediately slowing down (so the rear stop lights will alert that person something may be going on). In most extreme case of tale gating (if it happens at speed), I even "preemptively" briefly hit brake pedal to lit the stop lights and keep driving. Repeat it once or twice and you get the attention. I don't care if the person gets pissed at that point, they were on my tale for long enough.

I think most of us do that. But there are times when you can't do all that - and you could get hit by a giant waste truck.

In my case, I knew the truck driver behind me was pretty aggressive. I was coming up to a busy corner with a traffic light, school kids waiting and crossing, car ahead about to turn left in front of me, cars about to start up on that had a red light, My green light had been green for a long time, and I saw the flashing don't walk sign come on. I had picked out my point of no return, if the light changed to yellow after the marker I would go through. It changed way before the marker so I came to a soft stop.
    I absolutely know it would have been very wrong to go through the light, but I had too much to consider in front of me to try and outmaneuver the truck.....I was hoping he would see me make a soft stop....flashing brake lights....but he assumed and probably did wishful hoping I would go through the yellow light....and I have no idea how he could have cleared it before it went red.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Happy to hear those of you near central OH are OK. Could have been much worse, even though there was damage.

Regarding interstate merging. I don’t mind moving over for someone merging if I can get into the left lane easily.

But, it’s those who are merging that make it difficult on themselves. Speed up on the ramp to get in front of me. Or, slow down on the ramp to get behind me. But, trying to merge when you are doing neither, just sort of staying parallel to those on the interstate, you’re asking for trouble. They either run out of lane to merge, or they try to force me into a lane that I can’t change into because of other traffic.

Unfortunately, that’s the case about 50% of the time.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    Well the weekend went great. Got to 9 of the 11 wineries and got a few cases of some pretty good wine. You guys would have loved driving those roads. They were narrow winding roads in rather hilly areas. Most of them were barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other and sight lines were limited a lot of the time. It will keep manual drivers busy.

Someone mentioned snakes on the road but saw not a one. Tortoises on the other hand were plenty. Saw several lumbering across the road.

The drive home from the very southern tip of Illinois was about 325 miles and only about 105 of those miles was Interstate driving. I hate to say this but outside the southern and northwest areas of this state driving is pretty boring.
    My wife and I love doing winery tours. Sounds like you had a great time. 

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    driver100 said:

I would accept just being correct. ;b

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

When I was driving my Kenworth, courtesy among professional drivers was a given, and there was quite a bit of participation from the "4-wheelers" as well.

The best example was climbing the grapevine (I5 NB) in CA, where there were four uphill lanes most of the way, and real trucks were prohibited from only the far left (#1) lane. We all had different loads on, and trucks with different power and gearing, but doing it was a symphony in motion. We all looked out for each other and moved out to create a path for those who needed to pass. An aerial view would have been worth the price of admission.

I guess you had to be there, but it made me proud to be a professional driver. And, oh yeah, everyone signaled well in advance if changing lanes. What a concept.

People die if it's not done correctly.

I've driven that Grapevine incline many, many times on I-15 when I lived in Palm Desert. It was the fastest route into Las Vegas and well worth the 15-20 miles driving east to catch the I-15. You are correct in that truckers are extremely couteous - signaling with their lights as well as their horns. I pride myself in the manner in which I used to drive the Grapevine - always watching the trucks and their lights.

2021 Genesis G90

houdini2 said:

driver100 said:

thebean said:

driver100 said:

I’m amazed at how many of those dash cam videos show crashes with someone failing to yield while making left turns.

https://youtu.be/-0H8BX8OM9s

Using the Driver100 System of Defensive Driving (DSDD) the accident could have been avoided. Although the Honda is clearly in the wrong....and it does appear made a left turn from a driving lane, not the left turn lane, the truck driver did not use defensive driving at all. Maybe he did what an average person would do....assumed he had the right of way and the Honda would wait.

If he used DSDD and "Thought about the stupidest thing the Honda driver could do - then be ready because the Honda driver will probably do it", he would have been prepared to stop or slow down in time. Could have saved him a lot of time, inconvenience and possibly pain.

I will say, it takes a toll on you having to drive defensively all the time.......have to really be concentrating and thinking constantly.
    @driver100, that’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking there. There’s no way to anticipate every dumb thing that someone is going to do. The Honda was clearly in the wrong. The truck could have made more of an effort to avoid it or slam on their brakes, but to say that you would have been omniscient enough to see that the Honda would do that is really 20/20 hindsight, no matter what your system of defensive driving.
    I did say the Honda driver was clearly at fault, and the truck driver would have to have extraordinary defensive driving skills to have avoided the accident. But, when I see the Honda starting to go into that turn, my radar went on....not saying I could have slowed down in time, but, I think I may have avoided that collision.

When I saw the possibility he or she was going to make a left turn I was weighing in my mind what that driver could possibly do, that I may have to try and avoid.
    That comment, "...avoid being rear-ended..." has multiple definitions and I have advice on avoiding most of them. Drive straight, live straight and see straight! :open_mouth::smile:

2021 Genesis G90

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

I would accept just being correct. ;b
    If it is that important to you....you got it ;)

edited May 2019
    cdnpinhead said:
    When I was driving my Kenworth, courtesy among professional drivers was a given, and there was quite a bit of participation from the "4-wheelers" as well. The best example was climbing the grapevine (I5 NB) in CA, where there were four uphill lanes most of the way, and real trucks were prohibited from only the far left (#1) lane. We all had different loads on, and trucks with different power and gearing, but doing it was a symphony in motion. We all looked out for each other and moved out to create a path for those who needed to pass. An aerial view would have been worth the price of admission. I guess you had to be there, but it made me proud to be a professional driver. And, oh yeah, everyone signaled well in advance if changing lanes. What a concept. People die if it's not done correctly.
    The professional truck drivers 95% of the time move over from lane 1/3 to 2/3 to allow cars to merge on at the entrance ramp I frequent. It's a difficult ramp unless your neck is young and easily swiveled. The ramp is uphill while the interstate is downhill. Then the long, long ramp changes to downhill. But the truckers seem to  know it's difficult to be going up the ramp and see further up behind for traffic in lane 1.

I also like to think ahead for the truckers, because the one time they don't see my car in the lane they need to change into is going to be bad for me and my car.  

edited May 2019
    Thanks to those acknowledging the frightening night we had.
    I was scared by the roaring sounds in advance of the tornado showing up on
    radar with its debris and locating it for us. There are others needing
    sympathy and prayers more.

There are thousands of people along the path as the tornado skipped SE into
    and across townships on the north side
    of Dayton who can't even get out of their local roads because of blockages. And
    the traffic lights are off on roads where there are people gawking along with 
    people needing to driving in or out.

Many of the people in the path are in lower income areas,
     and likely house damage or having the apartments stripped of roofs by the
     F3 (I estimate) and  straight line winds. Many are financially unable having
    saved nothing in their lifestyle or they are retired, who will have difficult times
    moving what's left if they can find other housing.

Damage? You don't see the homes and buildings stripped off their foundations like in
    F4 and F5 tornado scenes, but many, many people are now in financial 
    trouble.

Sure enough, a politician home on month vacation from DC shows up this
    morning to be interviewed on TV while  the local stations   are showing us
      drone pictures and on the scene reporting of what happened now that the sun is up. 

Only 1 death reported so far, due to almost hours of advance reporting
    as this storm came from Indianapolis. In Celina, an elderly man was killed
    when his car came into his house. The whole city of Celina is without power.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    qbrozen said:

Everyone who called the Honda Element a Honda Fit has failed the test. :disappointed::p

Well, I'm sure you would recognize a Fit, as you used to own one. Not that owning a Fit would entitle you to any bragging rights! (said by a guy who owns a minivan! B) )
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    abacomike said:

I've driven that Grapevine incline many, many times on I-15 when I lived in Palm Desert. It was the fastest route into Las Vegas. . .

That's Baker grade on I-15; the Grapevine is on I-5 north of L.A.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,637
    fintail said:

dino001 said:

Just go to YouTube and look up “brake checks gone wrong”. :s

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    fintail said:

dino001 said:

I'm not being obvious with my tactics, as I'm not trying to "teach" any lessons, just get the safety buffers. I don't slow down to some ridiculous crawling speed, or actually brake. It's more a liftoff, so the bozo behind me gets a little impatient, passes me and gets on his (mostly) way. But I appreciate the caution.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    driver100 said:

I think most of us do that. But there are times when you can't do all that - and you could get hit by a giant waste truck.

In my case, I knew the truck driver behind me was pretty aggressive. I was coming up to a busy corner with a traffic light, school kids waiting and crossing, car ahead about to turn left in front of me, cars about to start up on that had a red light, My green light had been green for a long time, and I saw the flashing don't walk sign come on. I had picked out my point of no return, if the light changed to yellow after the marker I would go through. It changed way before the marker so I came to a soft stop.
    I absolutely know it would have been very wrong to go through the light, but I had too much to consider in front of me to try and outmaneuver the truck.....I was hoping he would see me make a soft stop....flashing brake lights....but he assumed and probably did wishful hoping I would go through the yellow light....and I have no idea how he could have cleared it before it went red.

Sometimes you can't win, no matter what. However, like in chess, if you think couple of moves ahead, especially on routes you know well, you can avoid a lot of bad situations. Florida drivers are horrific when it comes to red light running. I can't count times I thought I might have been in violation already, just to see in my rear mirror two or three more vehicles moving through the light after me, clearly red light runners. Red light rear ends are hardest to avoid, as you probably need to think about them 200-400 ft before the lights themselves (depending on the speed) and adjust the speed accordingly. I wonder if a green light counter, similar to those they have them on some pedestrian crosswalks, would help or hurt.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Thanks to those acknowledging the frightening night we had.
    I was scared by the roaring sounds in advance of the tornado showing up on
    radar with its debris and locating it for us. There are others needing
    sympathy and prayers more.

There are thousands of people along the path as the tornado skipped SE into
    and across townships on the north side
    of Dayton who can't even get out of their local roads because of blockages. And
    the traffic lights are off on roads where there are people gawking along with 
    people needing to driving in or out.

Many of the people in the path are in lower income areas,
     and likely house damage or having the apartments stripped of roofs by the
     F3 (I estimate) and  straight line winds. Many are financially unable having
    saved nothing in their lifestyle or they are retired, who will have difficult times
    moving what's left if they can find other housing.

Damage? You don't see the homes and buildings stripped off their foundations like in
    F4 and F5 tornado scenes, but many, many people are now in financial 
    trouble.

Sure enough, a politician home on month vacation from DC shows up this
    morning to be interviewed on TV while  the local stations   are showing us
      drone pictures and on the scene reporting of what happened now that the sun is up. 

Only 1 death reported so far, due to almost hours of advance reporting
    as this storm came from Indianapolis. In Celina, an elderly man was killed
    when his car came into his house. The whole city of Celina is without power.

Most of you guys saw my condo community a couple of years ago on national TV newscasts when a tornado dropped in to my immediate village (5 buildings in a circle) and damaged several buildings.  I remember the emergency alert sounding off on my phone and I felt the building shaking and heard a rumbling sound like a freight train.

Luckily my building was not damaged but the two adjacent buildings were.  I feel your pain Imid and know the experiences of the aftermath.  Our buildings are solid concrete walls and floors with support concrete on the interior walls - these buildings were constructed to withstand hurricanes.

Stay safe, my friend.

2021 Genesis G90

Just got my renewal for my auto policy effective on June 30th with Geico.  The premium is exactly the same - no increase or decrease.  This is the first time I had a renewal with no increase in premiums.  But I am still paying a huge amount - $190 a month.   ;)

2021 Genesis G90

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    abacomike said:

Just got my renewal for my auto policy effective on June 30th with Geico.  The premium is exactly the same - no increase or decrease.  This is the first time I had a renewal with no increase in premiums.  But I am still paying a huge amount - $190 a month.   ;)

Gotta pay to play!

Nice to see no increase, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

I wonder if a green light counter, similar to those they have them on some pedestrian crosswalks, would help or hurt.
    I am not sure if that would work, drivers would find a way to use it to their advantage....like if the green is down to 5 seconds they will speed up. Same with the pedestrian walk light that counts down...if you can see that the tendency is to use it to speed up if it means you can get through it before it changes to yellow.

I have gone through yellow lights in Florida and I am amazed that car 10 or 20 lengths behind me go through the light too. I don't mind red light cameras.....I don't like that private companies make most of the money from them and they have to be set up in a way that is fair.....not with for example, very short yellow light times!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    My sister lives in Kettering, just south of Dayton.
    She said everything went north of them, so no problems.
    Did send me a funny picture of their 3 cars parked in their 2 car garage, which has 2 doors.
    Lot of others not so fortunate, wishing them well.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I know Russian cities have countdown timers, and I think maybe some places in central or eastern Europe.

My city only has 3 red light cameras, I think, and none are on my commute. That along with a usually few second delay from red to green means I can plan my "point of no return", and decide when to floor it or simply amble on through.
    driver100 said:

I am not sure if that would work, drivers would find a way to use it to their advantage....like if the green is down to 5 seconds they will speed up. Same with the pedestrian walk light that counts down...if you can see that the tendency is to use it to speed up if it means you can get through it before it changes to yellow.

I have gone through yellow lights in Florida and I am amazed that car 10 or 20 lengths behind me go through the light too. I don't mind red light cameras.....I don't like that private companies make most of the money from them and they have to be set up in a way that is fair.....not with for example, very short yellow light times!

Maybe you should get one of those blinking CHMSL accessories, they can be both safe and annoying. The paranoid Honyotexus crowd here seems to love them.

I just gently slow down if being tailgated, but fortunately, it is a rare event, as drivers here are slow as a rule. I do recall a fun one a couple weeks ago when I was out in the old car. A guy in an M4 (of course) behind me would back off, then accelerate fast and come near me, then back off again. Maybe he was just playing, but it looked weird. I was already going 5 over, and the upcoming intersection is almost always a red light, so no reason to be in a hurry.
    dino001 said:

I'm not being obvious with my tactics, as I'm not trying to "teach" any lessons, just get the safety buffers. I don't slow down to some ridiculous crawling speed, or actually brake. It's more a liftoff, so the bozo behind me gets a little impatient, passes me and gets on his (mostly) way. But I appreciate the caution.

fintail said:

Maybe you should get one of those blinking CHMSL accessories, they can be both safe and annoying. The paranoid Honyotexus crowd here seems to love them.

A guy in an M4 (of course) behind me would back off, then accelerate fast and come near me, then back off again. Maybe he was just playing, but it looked weird.

dino001 said:

I had the opposite today....I was running a bit late for getting to pickleball. I have to go through our small town, which is 2 lanes, one each way. A dump truck was 2 ahead of me and he was fine, kept up with the traffic in front of him.

But the car in front of me was a small Toyota....could be one of these:

This car dawdled along.......he got a yellow light he barely made it through........I would have made it through too if he had kept up with the traffic ahead of him, but, he of course couldn't care less about anyone else. Probably saw I was driving a gasser and wanted to hold me back.

Even worse we have a corner with an advanced green. If the guy at the front is paying attention 6 cars can get through....if the first few cars have drivers who fall asleep or are texting only 2 or 3 cars get through.....there should be a way to catch them on a camera!

Driver100 on the way to pickle ball takes care of traffic:

https://youtu.be/E2IQfxg2rN4

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

That is what I need, a Dodge Dart and a Magnum.
    How come at the 45 second and 53 second mark the Dart doesn't have a No Draft window?
    They don't make TV shows like they used to.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    It wasn't a dart. It was the regular sedan. 4 door version of what they used for the Road Runner.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,075
    edited May 2019
    1969 Plymouth Belvedere.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

Plymouth Belvedere.

I had the two door Satellite version of that car in the same color at the time that movie came out in the early 70s. Didn’t have the Ingram (Mac10) machine gun though.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    Driver100 on the way to pickle ball takes care of traffic: https://youtu.be/E2IQfxg2rN4
    Come on, that was the Duke and the Duke should be on a horse with a Colt SA Army.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Believe it or not, those are gassers too, kind of. Could have also been a Prius C.

The turn lane dawdler is an epidemic here, probably texting, not looking up, and is always the last one through. There's a light local to me that changes based on a sensor - once the gap between cars is long enough, the turn arrow ends. The dawdlers mess things up there all the time, and no enforcement because of course. I know in Vancouver, there has been significant enforcement via cops acting like pedestrians and catching distracted dolts from the sidewalk.

The intersection in question used to have a flashing yellow when the turn lane wasn't green, but the diverse driving talent of this area put an end to that, as there were numerous crashes due to "drivers" not knowing to yield. Thanks, rubes.
    driver100 said:

I had the opposite today....I was running a bit late for getting to pickleball. I have to go through our small town, which is 2 lanes, one each way. A dump truck was 2 ahead of me and he was fine, kept up with the traffic in front of him.

But the car in front of me was a small Toyota....could be one of these:

This car dawdled along.......he got a yellow light he barely made it through........I would have made it through too if he had kept up with the traffic ahead of him, but, he of course couldn't care less about anyone else. Probably saw I was driving a gasser and wanted to hold me back.

Even worse we have a corner with an advanced green. If the guy at the front is paying attention 6 cars can get through....if the first few cars have drivers who fall asleep or are texting only 2 or 3 cars get through.....there should be a way to catch them on a camera!

That was filmed on the WA coast, I have been to that area numerous times.

https://youtu.be/E2IQfxg2rN4

Come on, that was the Duke and the Duke should be on a horse with a Colt SA Army.

Wayne made a few cop chase movies late in his career. That clip was from “McCue” where he also drove a Trans Am. Another movie was “Brannigan” where he smashed up a Jaguar S with a Capri and later shot up a Jaguar E at the finish.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    When we lived in in the suburbs of London, dad's '74 Cortina E was the same dreadful color as that Capri. He didn't have a choice in color as it was his boss' car originally and his boss got a new '75 Ford Granada V6. The Granada was totally different and better than the US Granada/Monarch.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

They sure know how to take care of speeders in TN.

• ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited May 2019

They sure know how to take care of speeders in TN.

I’m glad to have radar deflecting energy beams!😉👀🤑 They even throw in radar detection chips 2.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    @abacomike, are you OK? I read in the paper this morning that a man in Florida (Coral Springs, I think) got bitten by a ball python that had somehow gotten into his toilet. When he sat down on the seat, not seeing the snake, it bit him. He had no idea how the snake got into the apartment. The snake is non venomous so the guy will recover. When I read this, I thought to myself this is an @abacomike story if I have ever heard one. I really hope it’s not you, Mike.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    That does sound like mike.

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,553
    It's more likely he'd be bitten by a snake that's hiding amongst pears and pineapples at the grocery store than in his apartment.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    And all it takes is a little anagram action for snakes to be SNEAKS ;)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,536
    thebean said:

@abacomike, are you OK? I read in the paper this morning that a man in Florida (Coral Springs, I think) got bitten by a ball python that had somehow gotten into his toilet. When he sat down on the seat, not seeing the snake, it bit him. He had no idea how the snake got into the apartment. The snake is non venomous so the guy will recover. When I read this, I thought to myself this is an @abacomike story if I have ever heard one. I really hope it’s not you, Mike.

Our poster buddy @snakeweasel has been accused of many things in here but I don't think this one has been mentioned before.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,536
    I didn't think they were worth that much when new. But, I think @imidazol97 can clarify that. :p

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    That is a little more expensive than what you are usually looking at O-F.
    Low miles are good.....but, it is almost 4 years old so I think it depreciated at about a normal level.
    It seems that low miles are a great advantage to the buyer, they help the seller to sell sooner and easier, but, the low mileage does not bring the cost of the car up that much more.

Also, not a car that is in high demand.
    Are you thinking of trading in the Soul?

seems about right. 4 MY old now, and something they are doing away with, right? Loaded up car though. Low miles. Assuming it is clean and no title hijinks, should be a good car for somebody.