Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Check Engine, ABS, flashing cruise light help

cujo945cujo945 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone! I've got a 2006 B9 with about 64,000 miles. Just a bit ago my check engine and ABS light came on, along with my cruise light flashing.

After researching a little bit on the forums and couldn't find an answer, I took it into the dealer, to which I was told that there was a bad oil pressure sensor for the right-hand side of the motor. I had them replace it out, and less than 20 miles down the road, the same lights appeared on my instrument cluster, and I took it back to the dealer. They informed me that there was now a bad sensor on the left hand side that would be another $380. I scheduled an appointment for later next week, and had them reset the error.

On the same day, about 2 hours later the lights reappeared on my dash, and I took the car over to a local parts store, where I used their scanner and the car now spit the following errors:

Camshaft position actuator A - Bank 1 timing over advan.

Camshaft position actuator A - Bank 2 timing over advan

Cam/crankshaft pos. correlation sensor A - Bank 2

Cam/crankshaft pos. Correlation sensor A - Bank 1

Camshaft position actuator A bank 1 timing over - advan

Camshaft position adctuator A bank 2 timing over -advan

Cam/crankshaft pos correlation sensor A - bank 1

I reset the codes, and waited another day for the lights to reappear on the dash. Again, I rescanned the errors, and found the same top 5 codes that I listed above.

Is there something more major going on here with the computer?

Thanks in advance for any possible suggestions you all might have...I just hate to keep throwing money at sensors, when it might not fix the problem.

Comments

• siriuslysiriusly Member Posts: 2
    Similar error lights, but my 2007 Tribeca had a torque converter throwing metal into the transmission. Had to be towed in and full tranny and torque converter replacement.
  • 08_tribeca_5708_tribeca_57 Member Posts: 1
    Anytime the check engine light comes on, the ABS light, flashing cruise light and non-operational cruise control does as well.

I have a 2008 Tribeca with a similar re-accuring code problem:

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
    P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A - Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction
    P0345 Camshaft Position Sensor B - Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction

The real problem is when this occurs, the car doesn't start. It can happen at the most inopportune time. It starts 50 times in a row, then it doesn't. Goes through the system check, but just doesn't try to start. Each time this has happened, I need to wait several hours (ususally overnight) and then it starts. After it does, I have the check engine light and the 3 codes above.

Does anyone think this is a sensor problem? A circuit board problem? something else?
  • sweetpetesweetpete Member Posts: 15
    I think the dealer would be best qualified to sort this out for you.
  • ccolt1ccolt1 Member Posts: 4
    I had this happen one time on my 2008 tribeca and it was because the fuel cap was not tight. I took it straight to the dealer and the next day the put it on the computer and said it was because of the cap not being tight.It had the exact same thing .... the abs ,the cruise shut off and check engine light came on but it would start up fine.
  • miltoncogswellmiltoncogswell Member Posts: 1

Hi cujo945, did you ever find a solution to the issue of the CamShaft errors you are receiving? I just bought my 2006 Subaru Tribeca B9 and all of the same lights are coming on, and I am receiving the exact same errors as well.

• vtelfgirlvtelfgirl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Tribeca - bought new - and have had this issue a few times. The first time it happened was about 3 years ago (past warranty time), I luckily had a good mechanic who had worked at a Subaru dealer, so when I told him the problem, he said it's often one of Subaru's glitches and to unhook the battery for about 20-30 min so it could reset. He said if the lights went out, it was just a glitch. If they came back on - then take it in. I had this happen about 3-4 times so far and all were resolved without dealer help.
  • 06_subi06_subi Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found an answer to this issue?   Mine is having the exact same problem. 
  • Subaru_Momma41Subaru_Momma41 Member Posts: 1
    I had to have my alternator changed out. Me picking up my car and drying up the street, all 3 lights come on. I turn around, mechanic said it was just my vehicle resetting. So he rest the battery and codes, lights off. The next morning upon start up, the lights are back. So, call mechanic and he said bring it back. I felt like they sabotage my car, I’ve NEVER had an issue, until they put their greasy mits on her. Long story short, I did not go back, I looked under my hood while it was crunk, and noticed a hissing nose on the left. I got a second option from my husband (who is not mechanically inclined at all), and sure enough air was leaking. There is a small air valve, on the top left that was not hooked up. We reconnected it, and the next morning, no more lights. Now imagine if I would have gone back to the mechanic and the codes were up, and that’s all it was to fix it.....how much would that have costed me. The darn alternator was $650 already. Hope this helps, and yours is as easy a fix as mines was. 
  • Bigtex61Bigtex61 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same codes (flashing cruise control, ABS and engine light). Turned car off, removed gas cap, put cap back on. Started and no codes.
  • LJK85LJK85 Member Posts: 1
    2008 tribeca bought used 2 years ago. Low mileage, one owner, extended warranty.
    Exact same codes/issues and have been trying to find fix since this past spring. It's been into the dealership three times. First "fix" held for less than 24 hours. Second time they just told me the oil should have been changed at first appt. Held again for 24 hours. Next step is to remove timing cover ($1200+) and they still don't guarantee they can diagnose it. Oil has been changed religiously as have all other services. Local mechanic hesitates to rip it apart as they can't get any more info from Subaru. So now we are stuck with a $10,000 pile of jink because the light has to be off for it to pass state inspection. Seems we aren't the only people with this issue. No more Subaru products for us after this experience (we've sunk too much $$ into this car already). If anyone has gotten this problem solved it would be great to know. Worst part is car drives fine other than the cruise control being on auto shutdown mode.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,741
    What codes are setting? List all of the codes.
  • jaker444jaker444 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    had the same problem right after a battery change out --- flashing cruise light Abs light and and check engine
    checked out everything went through all the procedures disconnect battery -- wait some time reconnect; turn the key to the on position wait a 20 seconds and start up --- put a obd2 in the vehicle scan plug -- found no connection with app --- led me to the fuse box (under drivers side dash -- 15 amp fuse for the ECU that was good --- went to the major fuse box under the hood there is 7.5 AMP FUSE FOR THE ECU --- IT WAS BLOWN REPLACED AND STARTED ENGINE UP -- THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS DISAPPEARED -- HOPES THIS HELPS YOU --- Jaker
  • MartaMarta Member Posts: 1
    After almost two years and 3,800 miles since the last oil change the IP on my 2006 Subaru Tribeca B9 Ltd lit up with check engine, stability control and Cruise control lights. A hunch was to check my oil. It was very low. I added one quart and the lights went out. Twenty minutes later I went to Uncle Ed's for an oil change before it closed as I had a lot of driving to do this evening and tomorrow morning. The tech reported no leaks.