Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Honda Accord Deals and Prices (Purchase Discussion)

Comments

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 2019
    xdjs123 said:

xdjs123 said:

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid (modern steel metallic) Base model

Currently have quotes for 25,500 OTD with all taxes and fees included. Is this reasonable or could i get it dropped more. Looking for feedback on what people have paid for this model OTD. This is in CA. This is my first buy so dont know how much to haggle prices.

What trim? What is the price breakdown?
    Without any of that information we can't tell whether you are getting a good deal. 
    This is for the 2019 accord base lx hybrid model.
    MSRP 26,640
    Internet price 23,295
    OTD Price 25,500 with 7.75% sales tax

----------------------------------------------------------
    Let me try and break down your deal. BTW, from Honda's website the price of the base hybrid is $26,240.
    Invoice price for this car is $24,089. So you are at less than $800 below invoice. It is not a great deal, but dealers do not usually discount hybrids as much as gas models. What are the dealer doc fees?

I would tell the dealer you will buy the car today (if you are ready to buy) at $1k below invoice pricing. Fyi, higher trim models would usually reflect a bigger discount.

Good luck.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • averageusaaverageusa Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, currently looking to buy a 2019 Accord LX. The initial quote I am getting in NorCal is as follows:
    Internet price: $20,688 (destination included)
    After loyalty savings: $19938
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is $1917 ($2667 after loyalty discount) below invoice. It seems like a good deal to me and I am planning to go buy tomorrow. Any thoughts?
  • tx97531tx97531 Member Posts: 1
    A HUGE thanks to everyone here as the prices folks are posting and the descriptions from folks of "how to do it" are invaluable (or at least saved me a lot of money :smile: ). Been following the forums here (and the '18 thread) for a while, as I was thinking of a new vehicle...

Then my previous vehicle totaled ~2 weeks ago - other guy ran a red light... :angry: ... but with multiple business trips (and worse - last week in a country where I couldn't see many web sites) that left me with really only this weekend to do a purchase. Had to ignore the traditional "wait to the end of the month" game.

Went from initial dealer emails to final deal in ~30 hours. One dealer had best starting point & sales person "got" internet pricing and no-nonsense. Drove 3 hours to dealer this morning. Once there, was brutally honest about my situation, but also my expectation on price: I had e-mailed many dealers about, and wasn't closed to stepping down to, a 1.5T, if 2.0T wasn't a good price, I had good 1.5T offers, and that matching the best deals here would get a deal done today... Referencing deals here (on both 1.5T and 2.0T) got this deal:

Accord Sport 2.0T Manual
    Purchase: $27,320 (includes Window Tint/Pinstripe/Pro Pack as installed accessories)
    (Texas) Tax: $1708
    Registration/Title: $158
    Doc Fee + Other misc fees: $255
    Total out the door: $29,441

I wasn't eligible for loyalty cash (last vehicle was an Acura), but this seems very close to what BCM7208 managed not counting his loyalty cash... so I'm thrilled with what I managed in a narrow window of time, and owe a lot to the folks here...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    @tx97531 Congrats! Thanks for signing up, and giving us the full report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• csaket_csaket_ Member Posts: 43
    Hi
    I would like to get a sample RFQ that I can use to get offers for a 2019 Accord Sport 1.5.
    I plan to lease so not sure how to word this.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    csaket_ said:

Hi
    I would like to get a sample RFQ that I can use to get offers for a 2019 Accord Sport 1.5.
    I plan to lease so not sure how to word this.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53077/honda/accord/2019-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices
  • tlx_2016_v6tlx_2016_v6 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Please evaluate this offer I have available after 2 weeks of heavy negotiations.

2018 accord sport 2.0T Automatic (MSRP 31,200) Selling Price: 26, 100
    Discount: 26100/31200 = 100*(1-(26100/31200)) = 16.34%
    That's the selling price (Before tax, dmv, etc.)

- very few dealers have limited stock of 2018 model year accords.
  • ilikecivicilikecivic Member Posts: 6
    I been getting solid offers and when it comes time to redeem the dealerships play the bait and switch game.  
    edited June 2019
    Please evaluate this offer I have available after 2 weeks of heavy negotiations. 2018 accord sport 2.0T Automatic (MSRP 31,200) Selling Price: 26, 100 Discount: 26100/31200 = 100*(1-(26100/31200)) = 16.34% That's the selling price (Before tax, dmv, etc.) Location: Tri State Area (NY, NJ, PA) - very few dealers have limited stock of 2018 model year accords.
    Invoice price for this model is $28,611. Your deal is at $2511 below invoice. Great deal. Any reason you are buying a 2018? This car is already 1 year old.
    Did you inquire about pricing on a 2019 model? 
    I been getting solid offers and when it comes time to redeem the dealerships play the bait and switch game.  
    Can you elaborate? Where are you located? Did you negotiate pricing via email instead of walking into a dealership and negotiating in person?

If a dealership is playing games, I would move onto another dealership. If you are near a metro area, Honda dealers are a dime a dozen.

Can you elaborate? Where are you located? Did you negotiate pricing via email instead of walking into a dealership and negotiating in person?

If a dealership is playing games, I would move onto another dealership. If you are near a metro area, Honda dealers are a dime a dozen.

I got quoted 19,980 for a Honda Accord Lx. Decided to pull the trigger. Emailed back and got someone else and he quoted 22,000 for the same Accord. This is Northern California. Honda Dealership is Autonation Roseville. Asked if he would go for 21,000 and add rebate to 20,250 and got a no. Asked about deals for July 4th and got a rude comment.

I got quoted 19,980 for a Honda Accord Lx. Decided to pull the trigger. Emailed back and got someone else and he quoted 22,000 for the same Accord. This is Northern California. Honda Dealership is Autonation Roseville. Asked if he would go for 21,000 and add rebate to 20,250 and got a no. Asked about deals for July 4th and got a rude comment.
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you end up reaching out to other dealers?
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you end up reaching out to other dealers?

Sounds like you are in the Sacramento area of NorCal. If you are willing to come down to the San Francisco Bay Area, I would try Stevens Creek Honda (Brian P). I have now acquired three (3) Honda's over the past couple of years and although I have always sought prices from 2-3 Dealers, they have come through as the best each time. And, that's including sourcing cars from both Northern California and Southern California. He will do things via email, too.

BTW, I have sampled many programs, e.g. AARP, Costco, etc., and have always done better, especially with all of the great resources of Edmunds' Forums. You guys are the best!

Thanks everyone for their reply. I will honestly pull the trigger if any dealers offer me 21,000 for an accord LX. I will try walking into a dealership and seeing if anyone comes close. I think Accords are selling better during this time as college grads are buying them up, I think.

You are making a big mistake walking into a dealership without any numbers and expecting to walk out with a great deal. Getting the best deal on a car takes time. It involves doing a lot of research - educating yourself and emailing dealers for their best quote.

You might end up wasting your time and getting frustrated. I have already provided you with some suggestions. The bottom line is that you need to reach out to as many dealers as possible. If you are serious about buying a car tomorrow if the price is right, mention that to all dealers you email. If they ask you to come in for a quote, move on to another dealership.

My other advice is know what your credit score is so that when it comes time to financing, you won't be surprised by the rate you are being offered. If your score is 720 or higher, you should get the best rate. If your score is not that good, check with a credit union for rates.

There is a ton of information on this forum about car buying tactics. Only walk into a dealership after you have agreed on price and are ready to sign the papers.

Good luck.

edited June 2019

Did you end up buying the car at that price? I believe loyalty incentive is $750.

• JCooperJCooper Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019

Hi all,

This is the best deal I got in the SF Bay Area after contacting at least 10 dealers via email for a 2.0 Sport:

$30,710 MSPR (includes delivery fee)

$27,724 Sale Price +

$527.75 DMV +

$2,572.33 Tax +

$30,824.08 OTD

What do you think? I was really hoping for something below $30K OTD...

Thank you for your feedback.

Are you sure the MSRP you quoted includes the $920 destination fee? From Honda's website, MSRP is $31,630. Invoice price is about $29,005. If your sale price includes the destination fee, then you are at $1281 below invoice. Not bad but you can do a little better towards the end of the month/end of the quarter.

What are your dealer doc fees? I will counter with at least $1500 below invoice before incentives. If you qualify for loyalty, that's an additional $750 off.

Good luck.

• Shadow8181Shadow8181 Member Posts: 32

Hi, what is the mf and residual for accord hybrid ex 36/12 in

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Shadow8181Shadow8181 Member Posts: 32

I wonder can dealership adjust the mf and residual?

Residual, no; MF, yes, but it's not common with Honda

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thank you, blue. Yes, you are right, msrp is $31.6k. Aren’t we now at the end of the month/quarter? :)

I would work your best deal the last two days of the month.

@ilikecivic - Did you end up pulling the trigger or are you still working on a deal?

@ilikecivic - Did you end up pulling the trigger or are you still working on a deal?

Kind of looking at Camrys and Accords. I currently drive a lease that ends in 5 months. Likely have to by at that time.

Kind of looking at Camrys and Accords. I currently drive a lease that ends in 5 months. Likely have to by at that time.
    Then, there is no reason to start contacting dealers now since incentives vary from month to month.
  • FlyingHigh23FlyingHigh23 Member Posts: 8
    Hi. Can I get the MF and Residual and Incentives for a Honda Accord LX. 36/12. 07302

Hi. Can I get the MF and Residual and Incentives for a Honda Accord LX. 36/12. 07302

Please post in our lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53077/honda/accord/2019-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• JohnnyCJohnnyC Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019

How does this sound? Sounds good from where I'm standing but wondering if there is still more room to push (with end of month/quarter & 4th July)

• FlyingHigh23FlyingHigh23 Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:

Please post in our lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53077/honda/accord/2019-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest
    Done.
    Thanks

Status update: I got it for the price I posted on 6/26.

JCooper said:

Status update: I got it for the price I posted on 6/26.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello everyone. Thank you for all the help. I ended up purchasing a Honda Accord LX. OTD of 23,000 in Orange County California.

Hello everyone. Thank you for all the help. I ended up purchasing a Honda Accord LX. OTD of 23,000 in Orange County California.

Congrats! Thanks for the details!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• firstcar9firstcar9 Member Posts: 1
    2019 Honda EX-L in North California
    Sale Price: 27,688 (including delivery)
    Dealer Fees: 85
    DMV: 425
    Tax(9%):2561.14
    OTD 30759.14

This is the best offer I have received so far. What is a good price considering its end of Q2 and approaching 4th July.
  • skiingyac2skiingyac2 Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2019 EX Accord in MD today, 22,800 including destination, plus 300 doc, 1650 TTL, 1100 for 8yr/100k Hondacare, so 25,900 out the door. This is with the 750 loyalty. Apparently you can't get the loyalty and the 2.9% 60 month APR according to the official Honda incentive sheet I saw. Local CU has close to 3% anyway. The sales guy was happy, I think the finance guy wasn't.

Got a 2019 EX Accord in MD today, 22,800 including destination, plus 300 doc, 1650 TTL, 1100 for 8yr/100k Hondacare, so 25,900 out the door. This is with the 750 loyalty. Apparently you can't get the loyalty and the 2.9% 60 month APR according to the official Honda incentive sheet I saw. Local CU has close to 3% anyway. The sales guy was happy, I think the finance guy wasn't.

Congrats! Thanks for the report

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What was the sales price of the car pre-incentives? Did you end up rolling in the remaining payments on your existibg lease into this deal?
  • CyberDemonsCyberDemons Member Posts: 2
    Got an Accord Sport 1.5T in Texas for $24,250 OTD in Texas. Had to go through several dealerships before I could get it down to this price.
    edited July 2019

Got an Accord Sport 1.5T in Texas for $24,250 OTD in Texas. Had to go through several dealerships before I could get it down to this price.

What is the breakdown? Posting OTD price does not help anyone looking to buy this model. List the following:

MSRP
    Sale price before incentives
    Any incentives
    Dealer doc fees

What was the sales price of the car pre-incentives? Did you end up rolling in the remaining payments on your existibg lease into this deal?
    I honestly only asked for OTD when dealing with the dealerships. Its basically an LX with zero upgrades. Had 4 miles on it. I used the 750 rebate to get to that price. I did not roll my lease into this deal. The sticker on the car says suggested retail of 23,720. When I was at the dealership I got another offer through text at 22,700 OTD but I was already signing the papers. Decided to just finish instead of walking out and being a dick. I also used a 15 dollar Uber to get there. This was on the 29th. Accords do not sell as well as Civics and it was near the end of the quarter.
  • CyberDemonsCyberDemons Member Posts: 2

What is the breakdown? Posting OTD price does not help anyone looking to buy this model. List the following:

MSRP
    Sale price before incentives
    Any incentives
    Dealer doc fees

Don’t even know exactly.

MSRP - $27,105
    Sale Price with and without accessories (Tint only) - $22,454
    Dealer Doc Fees - $150

This did include the $750 Honda Loyalty. So it was $25,000 OTD - 750. I only negotiated the OTD price, didn’t look at sale price, invoice price, or anything.

I honestly only asked for OTD when dealing with the dealerships. Its basically an LX with zero upgrades. Had 4 miles on it. I used the 750 rebate to get to that price. I did not roll my lease into this deal. The sticker on the car says suggested retail of 23,720. When I was at the dealership I got another offer through text at 22,700 OTD but I was already signing the papers. Decided to just finish instead of walking out and being a dick. I also used a 15 dollar Uber to get there. This was on the 29th. Accords do not sell as well as Civics and it was near the end of the quarter.
    You can always look at your signed paperwork for the sale price.

Congrats on your deal.
  • Txgator1Txgator1 Member Posts: 1

Can you tell where in Texas and if possible PM me the dealership name?
    Txgator1 said:

Can you tell where in Texas and if possible PM me the dealership name?
    Can post dealer name here; just no contact info like phone or URL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cotnalscotnals Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Hello,

Beginner here, not sure if this was a good deal (how horrible is this deal).

2019 Accord 1.5 LX Sport

Cash price of Motor Vehicle $23,342

Document Processing $85

Add ons
    - glass etch theft $499
    - pursuit $495
    - perma plate $495
    - clear shield door edge $499
    *Also got this alarm? option

Sales tax $1969.66

Electronic Vehicle Registration $30

(optional)
    Honda Care VSC (7 year, 100,000miles warranty) $2195

Vehicle license fees, registration/trasfer/titling, california tires fees $ 389.75
    --------------------------------

Total 30k OTD

I wished I knew page like this existed before I made the purchase. Having a big buyer remorse on my first purchase :(
  • maximum360maximum360 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2019
    This was the offer I got got today (northern VA):

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan

MSRP $25,320
    Dealer Discount $3,150
    Dealer Sales Price* $22,170*
    Freight $920
    Wheel Locks & Mud Guards $290
    Processing Fee $795
    Sales Tax $1,044.36
    New Tags $77.75
    Total $25,297.11

What do you think?
    edited July 2019

This was the offer I got got today (northern VA):

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan

MSRP $25,320
    Dealer Discount $3,150
    Dealer Sales Price* $22,170*
    Freight $920
    Wheel Locks & Mud Guards $290
    Processing Fee $795
    Sales Tax $1,044.36
    New Tags $77.75
    Total $25,297.11

What do you think?

That MSRP doesn't look correct for a Hybrid.

Or, for the gas EX-L, either.

What trim Accord is this for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• maximum360maximum360 Member Posts: 9
    2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L Internet Price: $29,007

Dealer:....
    Phone:....
    Body Style: EX-L 4dr Sedan
    Mileage: 20
    VIN:....
    Exterior Color: Modern Steel Metallic
    Interior Color: Black

I'm literally posting everything almost word for word that I received from them. (The above info is before their added discounts in my previous post.) It seemed too God to be true but I gave them quotes from other dealers and my discount includes the loyalty bonus. We've bought our two previous Hondas from this location.