Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

6 speed manual transmission problems.

jjxsjjxs Member Posts: 6
edited July 2019 in Chevrolet
I have a 2019 Colorado WT with a six speed manual transmission that has a pronounced shifter vibration in 3rd gear only.

Anyone out there own a 2019 Colorado WT with the 6 speed manual transmission or am I the ONLY owner of one of these beautiful trucks.

JJXS

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited July 2019
    Is there any effect on performance in third gear, or are you simply noticing a vibration in the shifter?
  • Options
    PF, no performance issues at this time...1650 miles on truck. Maybe being paranoid but starting to feel same vibration in 4th. Vibration I describe as lower frequency higher amplitude. In 3rd I see it as well as feel it in 4th not visible w/o some pressure on stick.
    jjxs
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    jjxs said:

PF, no performance issues at this time...1650 miles on truck. Maybe being paranoid but starting to feel same vibration in 4th. Vibration I describe as lower frequency higher amplitude. In 3rd I see it as well as feel it in 4th not visible w/o some pressure on stick.
    jjxs

If you are pushing on the gear shift to sense the vibration, then it might not be abnormal and you really shouldn't keep any pressure on the shifter anyway because that will cause fork wear. When speaking of the frequency for what you do feel, can you give me a number at a given speed? Something like 10hz at 60mph? Or 40hz at 60mph? By amplitude are you able to measure how severe the vibration is? If so how many mg (milli-gravity) is it achieving?
  • Options
    Vibration does not appear to be speed dependent...definately on the low end. I am not in 3rd very long. Normally go to 4th before 40 mph.Do not have ability to measure amplitude beyond what I see and feel. I am in my 4th quarter of life...my previous vehicle was a 2010 Colorado w/5 speed. It had 57.5 K miles on it when I gav it to my grandson for HS graduation. I leared a very long timg ago not to rest my hand on the shifter.
  • Options
    Still looking for ANYONE out there that drives a 2019 Colorado with a manual transmission...