Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

Posting pics from your local drive is back! :)

My one vacation picture.

You go on vacation and the one picture you take is of your speedometer?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

For anyone interested, this show was partially filmed in my county- and features officers and staff I work with on a daily basis:
    60 Days In: Narcoland

Update: I just saw a story that idiots in W. Virginia are using wasp spray to get high when they run out of meth. What is wrong with people?
    Don't knock it until you try it :D

Just got a call from my MB dealer. They are sorry the car wash took over 2 hours and the new girl at reception didn't know if the car is going to take longer than normal they should tell the customer. In fact, he said they would try to give an estimate no matter how long the wait would be. They offered to do a thorough extra good cleaning to make up for it. I said it was OK, I will try the regular cleaning again one day. I don't usually need an extra cleaning, but, if I do I would let him know - he wanted a heads up. They tried, he said he was glad I mentioned it so they could review their systems with the staff.

So, driver, you are truly a pampered MB owner!
    I guess I should appreciate it while I can.

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    qbrozen said:

One more.
    Got a kick out of this while out for one of my walks.

I must be missing something
    I missed it at first but there is tiny wing there.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    sda said:

Mileage summary from my trip to GA last week.

Impressive mpg!

On our return drive from Dayton to Louisville a few days ago we got 39 mpg with the AC on with our TLX. But of course that's with premium fuel....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    Michaell said:

I'm guessing it's the black miniaturized wing above the Honda logo on the lip.

In reality that's a standard sized wing, it's just a really big Honda.

• Options
    Is that a spoiler or a little handle to lift the trunk lid?

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    My experience with Florida car dealers was they were expensive to buy from and had tire dealer like amenities, basically a coffee pot or K cup machine and maybe some no name bagels if you got there early enough. I actually think you could save more than a little money flying somewhere north, buying the car, and then driving it back. Of course, then comes all the admin stuff you have to do. I understand some FL dealers now have doc fees at $800 or more. Total rip-off. Most places I've lived at least had doc fees around $150 or less, and that includes in the west.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

Michaell said:

In reality that's a standard sized wing, it's just a really big Honda.
    Oh! You mean it was originally designed for the first Civic, in the 70's?

That makes much more sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671

Posting pics from your local drive is back! :)

My one vacation picture.

My Ford’s personal best:

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    driver100 said:

Is that a spoiler or a little handle to lift the trunk lid?

I think it’s a place to tie the rope when you tow water skiers. :p

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited July 2019
    berri said:

My experience with Florida car dealers was they were expensive to buy from and had tire dealer like amenities, basically a coffee pot or K cup machine and maybe some no name bagels if you got there early enough. I actually think you could save more than a little money flying somewhere north, buying the car, and then driving it back. Of course, then comes all the admin stuff you have to do. I understand some FL dealers now have doc fees at $800 or more. Total rip-off. Most places I've lived at least had doc fees around $150 or less, and that includes in the west.

My guess is those $1000 doc fees make the below invoice prices possible. In NY doc is capped at $75 but you’re lucky to get down to invoice. So it all evens out if you know the system. In NY you demand invoice, in Florida you demand $1000 below.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

17 MB dealers within 2 hours? Good lord.

There are 10 within a 45 minute drive (Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Pompano Beach, Coconut Creek, Miami (2), Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Coral Gables and North Palm Beach).

There are 2 more in Kendal (South Miami) 1 in Naples, 1 in Ft. Myers and 1 in Jupiter. 2 more dealerships north of Jupiter.

I was amazed at the number of Mercedes Dealerships in South Florida. Auto Nation owns 7 of them.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    One of my kids in expecting in a couple of months and I told them they have to trains their dogs to do this.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/dog-gets-up-during-the-night-to-help-put-crying-toddler-back-to-sleep/ar-AAEfezh?li=BBnbcA0&ocid=DELLDHP
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    berri said:

My son in law keeps talking about coming back to Chicago when he gets his next car because of the outrageous Doc fees in Florida. I keep telling him to just negotiate the out the door price and let the dealer work out how much the car cost and how much the doc fees are.

• Options
    abacomike said:

There are 10 within a 45 minute drive (Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Pompano Beach, Coconut Creek, Miami (2), Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Coral Gables and North Palm Beach).

There are 2 more in Kendal (South Miami) 1 in Naples, 1 in Ft. Myers and 1 in Jupiter. 2 more dealerships north of Jupiter.

I was amazed at the number of Mercedes Dealerships in South Florida. Auto Nation owns 7 of them.

According to MBs website there are 6 within 25 miles of me and 14 within 50.

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    edited July 2019

One of my kids in expecting in a couple of months and I told them they have to trains their dogs to do this.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/dog-gets-up-during-the-night-to-help-put-crying-toddler-back-to-sleep/ar-AAEfezh?li=BBnbcA0&ocid=DELLDHP

You know what my pooch did when ours was born and would cry? Roll over and yawn and go back to sleep.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    abacomike said:

Lots of drug money and illegal activities going on.....crime does pay!

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    Michaell said:

Ah. Reading forums on the phone can sometimes be detrimental to your observational powers. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Got to give my Acura dealer credit. The few times I’ve taken my car into them for routine maintenance (which has been about once/year), they have fancy coffee and pastries available. But, I don’t hang around. They have a loaner ready to go for me, which I sometimes use, sometimes don’t...depending on how long they need to do the maintenance.

Simple oil change? About 30 minutes. So, I’ll wait. Changing out some of the fluids and doing checks? That usually takes about 3 hours, so I’ll take the loaner.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    edited July 2019

Bunny land! They are everywhere this year. I have to check before I let our dogs in the yard, otherwise, not good.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    sda said:

Bunny land! They are everywhere this year. I have to check before I let our dogs in the yard, otherwise, not good.

Not good for who? The dogs or the bunnies? :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

Ah. Reading forums on the phone can sometimes be detrimental to your observational powers. ;)
    Don't feel bad. When I finally zoomed in, I thought that gizmo was an antenna for tracking aliens.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    jmonroe1 said:

sda said:

jmonroe
    We have the same issue here. Our doxies almost got one the other day; my wife had to intervene so the bunny could get its fat butt through the fence. Wife is bruised and sore from the experience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    I miss Shifty.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    benjaminh said:

I miss Shifty.

Likewise.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

sda said:

jmonroe
    We have the same issue here. Our doxies almost got one the other day; my wife had to intervene so the bunny could get its fat butt through the fence. Wife is bruised and sore from the experience.
    Rather than some time with a heating pad, should have settled for some rabbit stew. :'(

jmonroe
  • Options
    benjaminh said:

I miss Shifty.

Me too. They'll never find another guy like him.

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

sda said:

jmonroe
    Rather than some time with a heating pad, should have settled for some rabbit stew. :'(

jmonroe
    Instead of a heating pad! Do you apply the rabbit stew to the wound?

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

benjaminh said:

I miss Shifty.

Me too. They'll never find another guy like him.

jmonroe
    Or like me :D

• Options
    houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    jmonroe1 said:

Before I forget, happy anniversary @jmonroe. B)

jmonroe

Happy Anniversary jmonroe !
  • Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    So, I buy the 3. My youngest daughter, 17, has likely never seen me but a car in state. I bring it home and she says "You bought a car in New Jersey?" Totally baffled.

Today I get a $10 check in the mail from the dealership saying I overpaid the state fees. Cool.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    Great, now you can get a latte at Starbucks :p

• Options
    The Top Gun 2 trailer is out.
    Actors are looking a bit old, but flying scenes and music still seem good.
    https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

Don't feel bad. When I finally zoomed in, I thought that gizmo was an antenna for tracking aliens.

jmonroe
    Maybe it is and the owner is getting ready for the storming of Area 51.

• Options
    fezo said:

So, I buy the 3. My youngest daughter, 17, has likely never seen me but a car in state. I bring it home and she says "You bought a car in New Jersey?" Totally baffled.

Today I get a $10 check in the mail from the dealership saying I overpaid the state fees. Cool.

Gee, this must be the third or fourth post from you in a week. What happened? Did Edmunds new system kidnap you or what?

FWIW, they're not nice guys. They have to refund over payments or they'd be fined by the state. I'll bet they didn't apologize for screwing you with their doc fee. :D

jmonroe
  • Options

I’m so excited for this that I feel silly.
  • Options
    @28firefighter,
    Funny thing is, I heard about it from my kids, neither of which were born when the original Top Gun was released. :)
  • Options

Looks like some good flight scenes. However I prefer the stunt flying in this old 1980 movie:

https://youtu.be/gChU-mGeBaM

At one point in the filming the navy pilot came within 100 feet of splashing himself when he lost airspeed and had to kick in afterburners just above the deck.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

fezo said:

Gee, this must be the third or fourth post from you in a week. What happened? Did Edmunds new system kidnap you or what?

FWIW, they're not nice guys. They have to refund over payments or they'd be fined by the state. I'll bet they didn't apologize for screwing you with their doc fee. :D

jmonroe
    My Kia dealer overcharged me $65 on the registration fees even though I told him what the correct amount was. He did send me a check though.

• Options

@28firefighter,
    Funny thing is, I heard about it from my kids, neither of which were born when the original Top Gun was released. :)

Whoops - I wasn't alive when the original Top Gun was released, either.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    Did not have a chance to get a picture, but going down a side street near me today, I noticed someone has a new mailbox up. They took an automatic trans case, put a door on the front, and mounted it on a pole. It's hysterical.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    I was alive when Top Gun came out, and probably part of the target audience. However, I have never been able to sit through it. Have never been much of a Tom Cruise fan.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

Looks like some good flight scenes. However I prefer the stunt flying in this old 1980 movie:

At one point in the filming the navy pilot came within 100 feet of splashing himself when he lost airspeed and had to kick in afterburners just above the deck.

I like the original TG. If those were the best scenes it seemed pretty lame to me. Looked like the plane scenes were computer generated.
    OTOH, I think they would have to pay me $5000 to sit through "Cats".
    https://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    stickguy said:

Did not have a chance to get a picture, but going down a side street near me today, I noticed someone has a new mailbox up. They took an automatic trans case, put a door on the front, and mounted it on a pole. It's hysterical.

We need pics of that!

My family runs a transmission shop in the area, they would get a huge kick out of that

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    qbrozen said:

I was alive when Top Gun came out, and probably part of the target audience. However, I have never been able to sit through it. Have never been much of a Tom Cruise fan.

Not a huge Cruise fan either, but Top Gun is a great movie and I’ll admit I’m excited for the sequel.

It’s also still a great movie on a home theater system, despite its age.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    Was at a car show last weekend.....mostly British iron. Saw a guy pull up in a Stinger GT. We started talking as we were looking around at the different MGs, Triumphs, etc.

I told him I almost pulled the trigger on a Stinger last year. He said he loved the car, but hated the service.

He said he has some build quality and material quality issues with the car, but has had to fight tooth and and nail with 3 different KIA dealers to get them fixed. That was the one thing that kept me from buying one.....the dealerships that sold them.

Still....he showed me his...the grey ceramic metallic exterior and red interior.....super sharp car.
  • Options
    My ex wanted me to take her to see Cats on Broadway many years ago. I took her. To me, the worst waste of money I've ever spent.

Looking back, it should have been a sign of things to come.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Was at a car show last weekend.....mostly British iron. Saw a guy pull up in a Stinger GT. We started talking as we were looking around at the different MGs, Triumphs, etc.

I told him I almost pulled the trigger on a Stinger last year. He said he loved the car, but hated the service.

He said he has some build quality and material quality issues with the car, but has had to fight tooth and and nail with 3 different KIA dealers to get them fixed. That was the one thing that kept me from buying one.....the dealerships that sold them.

Still....he showed me his...the grey ceramic metallic exterior and red interior.....super sharp car.

Was that the British car show in Fairfield?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Was that the British car show in Fairfield?
    Yep!
  • Options

My ex wanted me to take her to see Cats on Broadway many years ago. I took her. To me, the worst waste of money I've ever spent.

Looking back, it should have been a sign of things to come.

Did anyone really like Cats....or do people think they have to say they liked it? I don't get it, and the cat suits in the movie look really creepy......scarier than Friday the 13th.