Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport

JeffLJeffL Member Posts: 8
edited July 2019 in Jeep
Was at a dealer today and they gave me the following on 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport:
Zip 22182
71% residual value
Money Factor: .00273
MSRP $33980
Sales Price: $28750 (if I were to purchase it)
Destination Charge: $1495
Subtotal: $30245
License/Reg: $73.10
Processing Fee: $799
Sales Tax: $1339.77
Total Unpaid Balance: $32456.87

Their Best Offer was $1500 down and $398/month.

Good deal? To me it seemed high given the residual.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    JeffL said:

Was at a dealer today and they gave me the following on 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport:
    Zip 22182
    71% residual value
    Money Factor: .00273
    MSRP $33980
    Sales Price: $28750 (if I were to purchase it)
    Destination Charge: $1495
    Subtotal: $30245
    License/Reg: $73.10
    Processing Fee: $799
    Sales Tax: $1339.77
    Total Unpaid Balance: $32456.87

Their Best Offer was $1500 down and $398/month.

Good deal? To me it seemed high given the residual.

The destination charge is part of the MSRP, and shouldn't be added to the sale price; could that be the Acquisition fee, instead?

Looks like an Ally or US Bank quote, with that residual - what term and mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• JeffLJeffL Member Posts: 8
    36M and 10k/year

The destination charge was what sheet said and perhaps it wasnt MSRP but sales price.
    JeffL said:

36M and 10k/year

The destination charge was what sheet said and perhaps it wasnt MSRP but sales price.

If the dealer is breaking out the destination charge in the paperwork, that's disingenuous.

Would cause me to find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

JeffL said:
    The MSRP already has the destination charge included (if you click the "View Window Sticker" button, you'll see it).

To include it as a separate charge when quoting your discount is shady; basically, they are discounting the car less than they say they are, by including this charge as part of their discount. In other words, $1500 more from your pocket.

As I noted above, find a dealer that is more transparent with their pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

In the interest of fairness I went back to look at the language:

Suggested Retail(does match MSRP): 33980
    Market Value: 28750
    Destination charge: 1495

You are right that they make it look like they are discounting MSRP (if not here then online) only to add back the destination charge.

I am curious to hear your opinion on the monthly pricing. I dont have many dealers in the area and since they are "the largest in the country" they may be pushing their weight around.
    JeffL said:

In the interest of fairness I went back to look at the language:

Suggested Retail(does match MSRP): 33980
    Market Value: 28750
    Destination charge: 1495

You are right that they make it look like they are discounting MSRP (if not here then online) only to add back the destination charge.

I am curious to hear your opinion on the monthly pricing. I dont have many dealers in the area and since they are "the largest in the country" they may be pushing their weight around.

Wranglers are just "meh" when it comes to leasing - the high MF and lack of discounting is what hurts most, and lots of dealers add accessories onto their inventory, which kills any lease deal.

With the numbers provided, I calculate a payment of $386/mo. Somewhat close to the dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They came back with Updated pricing is 3937 drive off with 275/month. I showed them the leasehacker website as backup. I will be test driving the 2 door so i might continue the thread.
    JeffL said:

They came back with Updated pricing is 3937 drive off with 275/month. I showed them the leasehacker website as backup. I will be test driving the 2 door so i might continue the thread.

Did you get an itemization of the drive off costs?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Much better numbers from Ally. 36 months

Higher money factor but residual goes way up. 48 months:

In fact, leasing a 2 door for 36 months is more than a 4 door at 48 months (total combined).

I think 48 month is what I am going to go with. I want to add tow package and remove sirius + deep tint.

JeffL said:

Much better numbers from Ally. 36 months

Higher money factor but residual goes way up. 48 months:

In fact, leasing a 2 door for 36 months is more than a 4 door at 48 months (total combined).

I think 48 month is what I am going to go with. I want to add tow package and remove sirius + deep tint.

A much better deal, I'd agree.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator