Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Refurbishing a Volvo interior

OtteresquerhythmOtteresquerhythm Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Volvo
Hello! I'm the original owner of a 2005 Volvo XC90 with roughly 130k miles on it and the interior has become unlivable. It's been an amazing car; raising my kids with it and serving as their first car for learning, etc. Living in Arizona with the extreme heat, the sun has taken its toll. The leather seats are all cracked, quite a few plastic parts are broken, weather stripping on one window pealing away, etc. The engine is good and I hope to continue to use it for several more years, but I have to refurbish the interior to keep from giving up on it.

Does anyone know of a good way to get a great number of items redone/replaced/fixed with an interior? I'm looking for a one-stop shop or service that would deal with the plastics that need replacing, redoing the seat covering, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Well, my first reaction would be to Google "car interior restoration Arizona" to see what comes up.

I imagine you'll find at least a few places that will be able to do the sorts of items you want to address. I can't imagine it's going to be inexpensive, but finding shops to talk to should be pretty straightforward.

Would be interesting to see before & after photos if you proceed with the project!