Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Want to know if I got a solid deal.

Adamd06Adamd06 Member Posts: 22
edited August 2019 in Toyota
Went to dealer tonight and got pricing on XLE Premium AWD with weather package. Currently pay 399.22 a month for 2017 RAV4 SE. Trading in 4 months early and they're taking care of all that. Numbers for new RAV4 were MSRP: 33608 MF: .00055 Residual of 62%. Price got down to 31778 before tax and fees. 500$ down and 399.32 a month. For area code 19026. I feel like this is a decent deal due to them covering the last 4 payments of lease turn in. Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    Adamd06 said:

Went to dealer tonight and got pricing on XLE Premium AWD with weather package. Currently pay 399.22 a month for 2017 RAV4 SE. Trading in 4 months early and they're taking care of all that. Numbers for new RAV4 were MSRP: 33608 MF: .00055 Residual of 62%. Price got down to 31778 before tax and fees. 500$ down and 399.32 a month. For area code 19026. I feel like this is a decent deal due to them covering the last 4 payments of lease turn in. Any thoughts?

Are you sure they're "covering" the last four payments? $1600 is $44/mo

Ask to see the deal worksheet, then we'll know for sure.

I don't find it a coincidence that the new payment is only a dime off the old payment. I suspect the dealer may have manipulated the numbers to get there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Adamd06Adamd06 Member Posts: 22
    They did a buy out of the lease and I'm not sure what they did with everything else after the fact. I saw the sheet but didn't show what they did with the old lease on it. Just had the numbers for this one as if it was a fresh lease without any other trade in.
    Adamd06 said:

They did a buy out of the lease and I'm not sure what they did with everything else after the fact. I saw the sheet but didn't show what they did with the old lease on it. Just had the numbers for this one as if it was a fresh lease without any other trade in.

Any chance you can post a copy of that, here?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited August 2019
    Attached is the worksheet that I received.

Adamd06 said:

Attached is the worksheet that I received.

If your sales tax rate is 10%, then I'm within $1 of that payment quote (I added the aftermarkets and the $650 acquisition fee to the selling price).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I believe 9% sales tax where I'm at. But overall it sounds like the deal is not bad. Thanks a lot!