Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    another new Passport. I like it. Seems that the missing 8" or whatever makes it better proportioned. On the list to look at for the wife.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    fintail said:

Maybe the Corolla was a west coast launch, seeing numerous sedans on the road now, lots of rentals. Also saw a hatch model today.

I've seen quite a few over here in NJ, but I do have a Toyota dealer walking distance from my house.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Saw yet another Corolla today, white, zzz. CEO had both his cars in the workplace garage today - Ferrari 458 and new/facelift (Bentley) Continental. Most of the rest of the suits drive far tamer cars, CFO has an MDX and late 90s SL.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    edited July 2019
    Our owner drives a Quatroporte (and more commonly an XTS loaner from the dealer group).

President drives a Range Rover

CFO drives an older Audi ‘vert and a mid 2000s (pre beak) Acura TL.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Pic of that EQC I mentioned earlier, now that Edmunds is pic-friendly again:

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    In the parking lot at work a gray GLC AMG 43. If not for the badging, could pass as a more mainstream trim.
    A new silver Fusion. Didn't see which model, but had fog lamps, so probably some version of a Titanium.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    tifighter said:

Pic of that EQC I mentioned earlier, now that Edmunds is pic-friendly again:

Yikes. Toyota grille, Dodge headlights, and massive tristar badge. Its like the worst of the worst meshed together.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    At the beach, with the rich people so many nice cars. Street parked was a gorgeous light metallic blue Ferrari. Something new, a front engine one. And enough newer Porsche’s and range rovers to start a dealership.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Yikes! A chrome purple Mercedes AMG G convertible. At least the top was black to tone it down a bit.
  • Options
    G cabrio? I think those are all private imports here. They have been made since the start of G production, although examples from the 90s onward were sold for luxury more than utility, and even 90s ones will cost you a pretty penny, you won't get one for under 50K.

I've seen maybe 5 new Corollas in the past day, all but one a rental, one rental had a crooked front plate looking like it could fail at any time - what is it with rental cars and messed up front plates? Maybe aggressive car washes.
  • Options
    GT. When I added the convertible I dropped the T.
  • Options
    Ah, that makes more sense :)

Speaking of that, walking back after dropping off the old car last night, I passed by several body shops. In one of the front lots was a new G63 AMG - wonder what happened to it. I saw no obvious damage.
  • Options
    New gladiator. I really liked it. Wife thought I was nuts.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    stickguy said:

New gladiator. I really liked it. Wife thought I was nuts.

Is it bigger than it looks in pictures? I've not seen one in the wild yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I actually think it is smaller than it looks in pics. Pics (to me) make it look full-size, like F150. Reality is more like Dakota.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Have not seen a Gladiator on the road, but the dealer close to me has a few.
    I think they look a little off.
  • Options
    It seemed small IRL.

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Visually the Gladiator looks really long. Probably since the Wrangler is narrow (and tall) anyhow, but I saw a white one yesterday cross an intersection and thought I was at a rail crossing.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Saw another X7 today - not sure how well these will fare when the new GLS hits the road. Also so many new Corollas every day now that they have stopped being new.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,734
    As posted elsewhere, today within a few minutes: Aston Martin DB11, two Ferrari California and a 458 Italia. Nice to be reminded regularly of my epic career and financial mistakes.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    New Caddy XT 6 3-row SUV finally dropped, and it's getting decent reviews too aside from being universally deemed too expensive.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2020-cadillac-xt6-preview/

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    I may be missing it ... why is it too expensive? Seems to be right in line with the Q7/XC90/GX460/Aviator

• Options
    nice looking. tons of content. Too big for me, and quite the porker! But, after reading the review, sounds like the XT5 is getting a serious makeover too so that should be a good option in the ~190" 5 seater class.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

I may be missing it ... why is it too expensive? Seems to be right in line with the Q7/XC90/GX460/Aviator

That’s a standard auto writer line these days for any Cadillac. They seem to perceive them as equivalent to Hondas or something.

• Options
    Just don't park one of those XT6's next to a Telluride.
    I have yet to see any other than at best a tepid review of the XT6.
  • Options
    I was going to say, I see a dose of Telluride or even a little XC90 there.
  • Options

Just don't park one of those XT6's next to a Telluride.
    I have yet to see any other than at best a tepid review of the XT6.

I could be wrong, but I think a review of any 3-row SUV is tepid. Or maybe that’s just my personal bias. ;)

• Options
    @qbrozen,
    You'll have to try out the new Explorer or Aviator.
    They are back to an RWD architecture and have some pretty big power options available.
    Don't pick on the wrong model at a stoplight, it might not be like an XT6 which has a Malibu engine.
  • Options

@qbrozen,
    They are back to an RWD architecture and have some pretty big power options available.
    Don't pick on the wrong model at a stoplight, it might not be like an XT6 which has a Malibu engine.

The 3.6 that's in the XT6 was never available in the Malibu. It didn't offer a V-6 after 2012 and this one is a new engine.

Every Lincoln introduced over the last number of years has elicited similar enthusiastic responses from its fans. Every Lincoln introduced over the last number of years has flopped in the marketplace.

• Options
    @ab348,
    My bad, should have written Impala/XTS.
    It's not about where product has been, but where it's going.
    Read some Explorer/Aviator reviews and see what the XT6 is up against.
  • Options

@qbrozen,

I would be interested in an Explorer Sport. But, then again, one has to eventually ask it to take a corner. ;b

• Options
    Review today in the local newspaper of the Nautilus. That breathtaking price is in worthless Canadian dollars BTW.

Speaking of "tepid"...

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/wheels/2019-lincoln-nautilus-quiet-luxury-comes-at-a-price-337035/

• Options
    Is the nautilus the edge rebrand basically?

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The MKC will be replaced by the upcoming Lincoln Corsair. Nautilus doesn't seem to get reviewers excited, but the upcoming Aviator does. Same for the prototype Corsair . But Lincoln, and the new Ford Explorer may have a pricing problem. I'd hold off until they've been out for awhile, or maybe better yet, buy one used down the road.
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    When I look at these crossovers, I'm not sure you need to pay lux prices anymore with some of the new 2020's coming out. HyunKia may be especially hard to beat with the Telluride and Palisade. Seems like strong reviews and an excellent value. I guess the market will tell. Regardless, I think the differences are shrinking between lux and non lux crossovers, especially when you look at features.
  • Options
    Saw a Palisade in traffic yesterday (have seen numerous Telluride already), I have to say these look like a pretty good value, upmarket appearance.
  • Options
    VW Aereton (sp?) Nice car. looks sharp, comfy. Not cheap. Probably won't sell many.

• Options
    stickguy said:

VW Aereton (sp?) Nice car. looks sharp, comfy. Not cheap. Probably won't sell many.

Arteon. I saw my first ahead of me in traffic just yesterday. Nice-looking design, but knowing the price point I had to ask myself "Why would anyone buy one of those?".

• Options
    the one in the showroom (R line I think) stickered at $45K. Getting up there.

• Options
    Saw a new style Explorer on the road, looked to be on a test drive.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200

For $350K+, you can have one, too

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Is that an early 70's Celica on the right side of the picture?
  • Options
    It is. Didn’t get a picture, as I see it at every car gathering, here. I guess I’m used to it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Celica is more interesting to me than the R-R.
  • Options
    fintail said:

Celica is more interesting to me than the R-R.

The suicide doors get your attention, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It has a presence. What it says, however, may not be positive B)
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    At the gym today, a S-Class wannabe (at least according to @driver100) Genesis G90. I don’t believe it’s a wannabe. I briefly talked to the owner and he has had it for two months and loves it. It’s the twin turbo V6 and he said it’s plenty fast for him. I looked over it and the fit/finish looked superb. Panel gaps consistent and the paint was super deep looking. The only thing he is regretting slightly is getting black on black here in Texas. This week we are due for a string of 100 degree days with humidity.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    I don’t understand the appeal of black on black.

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Me neither, but lots of cars are hard to find with anything besides a black interior. Wish it was otherwise...
  • Options
    Tell me about it. Virtually no dealers here will stock anything other than a black interior. Manufacturers like Kia only offer black interiors in the Canadian market despite offering alternatives in other markets.