Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 VW Jetta GLI Lease Pricing

dcan87dcan87 Member Posts: 28
edited July 2019 in Volkswagen
Can I get the MF, residual, and lease credits for:

Zip code 27591
2019 Jetta GLI (All trims), Auto
36mos/10k or 36mos/12k (maybe 48/12 if its a huge difference)

thank you!
2020 KIA Forte GT | 2019 Hyundai Kona AWD Ultimate | 2014 Chevy Sonic LT

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084
    dcan87 said:

Zip code 27591
    2019 Jetta GLI (All trims), Auto
    36mos/10k or 36mos/12k (maybe 48/12 if its a huge difference)

thank you!

36/12 - .00104 and 53%
    48/12 - .00154 and 46%
    $500 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• CGH1988CGH1988 Member Posts: 54
    I would like to know the mf and residuals for a GLI Autobahn for 24/15 24/12 and 36/15 36/12 in zip code 33433. Thanks
    CGH1988 said:

I would like to know the mf and residuals for a GLI Autobahn for 24/15 24/12 and 36/15 36/12 in zip code 33433. Thanks

.00104 and 58% (24/15) or 51% (36/15)
    $350 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• idgystinks1idgystinks1 Member Posts: 44
    GLI 35th
    3/36 Lease Money Factor, RV, cash? 65536

GLI 35th
    3/36 Lease Money Factor, RV, cash? 65536

.00104 and 53%
    $700 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• idgystinks1idgystinks1 Member Posts: 44
    thank you very much
  • armandoferrariarmandoferrari Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2019
    I have gotten two quotes, and copied the post from a different thread (that was closed) below for context. It doesn't seem like these are very good deals in either case. They refused to provide me the numbers used to calculate the lease payments.

First quote - from a lease broker:
    1360 out of pocket (includes 1st month) and $415 p/ month including tax

Second quote - from a dealership:
    Only first month out of pocket and $477 p/ month including tax (they just called me and left a voicemail as I was typing this. LOL. Will call them back to see what's up) update: just calling to see how the service was.

What are your thoughts on these two deals? Considering the advertised prices I see on most of the dealerships websites, the MSRP, the MF, and Residual, i'm hoping to be closer to $390 with $0 down once all the fees get rolled in. Is that feasible? (The $340 below + fees and taxes.)

"armandoferrari said:
    Hello - I'd like to make sure I understand the math correctly before going in to negotiate my lease.

Zip: 33126
    GLI 35 Edition Automatic
    36 months. 12k miles p/ year.

Assuming the MF and Residuals are the same for the example below:
    MF .00104
    Residual 54%
    (please correct if not up-to-date)

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Is this correct? Just checking if the Residual value is calculated off the MSRP (like above) or if it should be off the Cap Cost.

Also - would a MF of .00104 and Residual of 54% for 36/12 be considered fair, good, great deal? Are these MF and Residual figures determined by the Edmunds community by assessing trends, or is there some kind of data from blue-book or something? I'm trying to understand if this would be like the rock bottom price a dealership would offer (barely making even, assuming they offer their advertised sale price), or is this the median range of where I should be? Or is this the higher end?

Sorry if this is alot to ask, just trying to get a more rounded understanding of all aspects in play here.

Thank you.

53% for 36/12
    Residual is based on the MSRP

With the different RV, I get $340/mo plus tax.

Our MF and RV data is confidential, but accurate.

We don't track pricing; use this link to help:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

I have gotten two quotes, and copied the post from a different thread (that was closed) below for context. It doesn't seem like these are very good deals in either case. They refused to provide me the numbers used to calculate the lease payments.

Only first month out of pocket and $477 p/ month including tax (they just called me and left a voicemail as I was typing this. LOL. Will call them back to see what's up) update: just calling to see how the service was.

What are your thoughts on these two deals? Considering the advertised prices I see on most of the dealerships websites, the MSRP, the MF, and Residual, i'm hoping to be closer to $390 with $0 down once all the fees get rolled in. Is that feasible? (The $340 below + fees and taxes.)

"armandoferrari said:
    Hello - I'd like to make sure I understand the math correctly before going in to negotiate my lease.

GLI 35 Edition Automatic

MF .00104
    Residual 54%

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Is this correct? Just checking if the Residual value is calculated off the MSRP (like above) or if it should be off the Cap Cost.

Also - would a MF of .00104 and Residual of 54% for 36/12 be considered fair, good, great deal? Are these MF and Residual figures determined by the Edmunds community by assessing trends, or is there some kind of data from blue-book or something? I'm trying to understand if this would be like the rock bottom price a dealership would offer (barely making even, assuming they offer their advertised sale price), or is this the median range of where I should be? Or is this the higher end?

Sorry if this is alot to ask, just trying to get a more rounded understanding of all aspects in play here.

Thank you.

53% for 36/12

Remember, the broker has to make money somewhere in your deal.

My calculations simply used the numbers you gave me. I don't know if they included or excluded any taxes or fees. The adjusted cap cost is the number you need, and an accounting of how they arrived at it from the selling price.

Keep asking questions until you are satisfied with the answers. Dealers who play "hide the number" don't get my business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

"armandoferrari said:

GLI 35 Edition Automatic

MF .00104
    Residual 54%

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Thank you.

53% for 36/12

My calculations simply used the numbers you gave me. I don't know if they included or excluded any taxes or fees. The adjusted cap cost is the number you need, and an accounting of how they arrived at it from the selling price.

Keep asking questions until you are satisfied with the answers. Dealers who play "hide the number" don't get my business.
    What would the MF and Residual be for 39/12 instead?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Michaell said:

"armandoferrari said:

GLI 35 Edition Automatic

MF .00104
    Residual 54%

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Thank you.

53% for 36/12

Thanks.
    .00104 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• DrVDUBDrVDUB Member Posts: 3
    Hey fellow GLI fans,

On an Autobahn Automatic and GLI 35th Automatic, what would the MF, Residual and Incentives be for ZIP 92705 on 36/10k and 36/12k?

Thanks in advance and continue being awesome,
    Dr. Vdub
    DrVDUB said:

Hey fellow GLI fans,

On an Autobahn Automatic and GLI 35th Automatic, what would the MF, Residual and Incentives be for ZIP 92705 on 36/10k and 36/12k?

Thanks in advance and continue being awesome,
    Dr. Vdub

36/12
    .00104 MF and 53% residual
    $350 dealer lease cash
    Either trim

$500 bonus cash on 35th only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you @kyfdx

Much appreciated!
    Meant to ask, can you give me the MF, RV and incentives for the S trim in 92705? Thanks again!
    edited August 2019

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

DrVDUB said:

Meant to ask, can you give me the MF, RV and incentives for the S trim in 92705? Thanks again!

There is a Jetta S trim and and GLI S trim. You mean the GLI S trim is considered the same as the Jetta and has the same MF?
    No... I gave numbers for the regular Jetta, not the GLI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

DrVDUB said:

S trim has same numbers as Autobahn

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

"armandoferrari said:

GLI 35 Edition Automatic

MF .00104
    Residual 54%

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Thank you.

53% for 36/12

Thanks.
    Was able to get it for $432 tax in and $568 down. Includes my 3 remaining payments of $354.

Thanks for all the help.

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

"armandoferrari said:

GLI 35 Edition Automatic

MF .00104
    Residual 54%

Cap Cost 26078.00
    MSRP 29010.00
    Money Factor 0.00104
    Residual % 54%
    Residual Value 15665.40
    Depreciation 10412.60
    % 2.496
    Rent Charge 1562.87
    Payment 332.65
    Total W/ Tax 355.94

Thank you.

53% for 36/12

Thanks.
    Was able to get it for $432 tax in and $568 down. Includes my 3 remaining payments of $354.

Thanks for all the help.
    Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Víctor_29Víctor_29 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Hello,

Zip code 84065
    2019 Jetta GLI 35 anniversary , Auto
    36mo/10k , 36mo/12k , 48mo/10k , 48mo/12k

Thank you

Hello,

Zip code 84065
    2019 Jetta GLI 35 anniversary , Auto
    36mo/10k , 36mo/12k , 48mo/10k , 48mo/12k

Thank you

36/12 - .00104 and 53%
    48/12 - .00154 and 46%
    $350 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• matt_matrixmatt_matrix Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can I get the MF, residual, etc. ?

Zip 70817

2019 Jetta GLI 35th Edition or Autobahn, Automatic

36mos/12k or 39mos/12k also curious for 36mos/15k or 39mos/15k

Thank you!
  • NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    edited August 2019

Hi,

Zip 70817

Thank you!

For Autobahn and 35th edition:
    36/12K - 53% residual
    36/15K - 51%
    39/12K - 51%
    39/15K - 49%

0.00104 MF

$500 incentive on the 35th Edition, $0 on autobahn
    Edmunds Moderator
  • JIMMYGZJIMMYGZ Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019

Hi,

Zip 70817

Thank you!

36/12K - 53% residual
    36/15K - 51%
    39/12K - 51%
    39/15K - 49%

0.00104 MF

Can I get MF, residual, incentives etc. for 24mo/12k or 10k mi. zip code 10010 for

2019 Jetta GLI and 2019 Jetta S
    JIMMYGZ said:

Hi,

Zip 70817

Thank you!

36/12K - 53% residual
    36/15K - 51%
    39/12K - 51%
    39/15K - 49%

0.00104 MF

Can I get MF, residual, incentives etc. for 24mo/12k or 10k mi. zip code 10010 for

2019 Jetta GLI and 2019 Jetta S
    24/12
    GLI - .00104 and 60%; $850 lease cash
    S - .00001 and 58%; $450 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• WooliestLionWooliestLion Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Hi, can I get the MF, residual and incentives for 36 month/15k miles for a GLI S or 35th edition for zip code 75039? Thank you!

Hi, can I get the MF, residual and incentives for 36 month/15k miles for a GLI S or 35th edition for zip code 75039? Thank you!

$350 dealer lease cash

$500 customer bonus on 35th ED only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• malexmmalexm Member Posts: 17
    Can I get the numbers for ZIP 92646, Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary 36 / 10k and 36/12k
    Thank you.

malexm said:

Can I get the numbers for ZIP 92646, Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary 36 / 10k and 36/12k
    Thank you.

36/12
    .00086 and 52%
    $1350 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• R1NLPR1NLP Member Posts: 4
    Can I get lease numbers for ZIP 77094, Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary 36/10k, 36/12k, 48/10k and 48/12k?
    Thanks very much.
    R1NLP said:

Can I get lease numbers for ZIP 77094, Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary 36/10k, 36/12k, 48/10k and 48/12k?
    Thanks very much.

36/12 - .00086 and 52%
    48/12 - .00136 and 45%
    $1750 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• efrotenefroten Member Posts: 15
    Can I get the lease numbers for 2019 GLI 35th Ann. DSG 36/10k, 36/12k and also 39/10k? My zip is 60641.

I was sent this quote/proposal from a local dealer for 0 down, $389.93/month for 39/10k. Assuming the total due at signing is taxes + fees but I am confirming.

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Total Savings + Rebate $4,030.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Due at Signing $2,393.24
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.
    efroten said:

Can I get the lease numbers for 2019 GLI 35th Ann. DSG 36/10k, 36/12k and also 39/10k? My zip is 60641.

I was sent this quote/proposal from a local dealer for 0 down, $389.93/month for 39/10k. Assuming the total due at signing is taxes + fees but I am confirming.

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    53%/51% residual for 36/39 mo, 10K/yr
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

With that amount Due at Signing, there must be a massive markup to the money factor

If that selling price is valid with the lease, I get a payment of around $315/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

With that amount Due at Signing, there must be a massive markup to the money factor

If that selling price is valid with the lease, I get a payment of around $315/mo
    Thanks for your reply.

I've reached out to the dealer for information on the MF and residual price. It also mentions in the quote that the payment is based on fair credit - this is without running a credit check and my credit should be in the high 700s.

I've had two dealers send me quotes, one inside and one outside of Chicago. The one outside of Chicago mentioned that the Chicago dealer would quote me a lower price but then mark up the taxes to make me think their offer is better. Is there any validity to that??
    efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

Thanks for your reply.

I've reached out to the dealer for information on the MF and residual price. It also mentions in the quote that the payment is based on fair credit - this is without running a credit check and my credit should be in the high 700s.

I've had two dealers send me quotes, one inside and one outside of Chicago. The one outside of Chicago mentioned that the Chicago dealer would quote me a lower price but then mark up the taxes to make me think their offer is better. Is there any validity to that??
    A dealer can't "markup" taxes. If you live in the city of Chicago, your lease payment is taxed by an extra 9%, but if you don't live in the city, then your only tax is the state sales tax. A city dealer isn't going to quote you city of Chicago taxes, if you don't live in the city.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

Thanks for your reply.

A dealer can't "markup" taxes. If you live in the city of Chicago, your lease payment is taxed by an extra 9%, but if you don't live in the city, then your only tax is the state sales tax. A city dealer isn't going to quote you city of Chicago taxes, if you don't live in the city.
    Right, just wasn't sure if he was implying that they could fudge the numbers to make the car seem like a better deal. This was the actual quote from the salesman "Chicago taxes are included in this proposal. I'm emphasizing that because I know if you are shopping the city dealers they will not tell you this and will charge you extra for taxes, just to make the payment look lower."

Again, thanks for your help!
    efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

Thanks for your reply.

Right, just wasn't sure if he was implying that they could fudge the numbers to make the car seem like a better deal. This was the actual quote from the salesman "Chicago taxes are included in this proposal. I'm emphasizing that because I know if you are shopping the city dealers they will not tell you this and will charge you extra for taxes, just to make the payment look lower."

I'm still not clear on if you are a city resident. It seems like you are?

If you are, then you'll pay an extra 9% tax on the lease payment. And, yes, you may get quotes that don't include the tax (to make the payment seem lower). That can happen with any dealer. You have to ask for the details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

Thanks for your reply.

If you are, then you'll pay an extra 9% tax on the lease payment. And, yes, you may get quotes that don't include the tax (to make the payment seem lower). That can happen with any dealer. You have to ask for the details.
    Correct, I'm in Chicago. The dealer got back to me with the same info you provided, his original numbers must have been for fair credit?

"The money due is taxes, first payment, plates, registration, Doc Fee, Includes Chicago taxes. Money factor is 0.00086 for excellent credit. Residual value is 51% or $14795."

Thanks.
    efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

kyfdx said:

efroten said:

MSRP/Retail $29,010.00
    Selling Price $24,980.00
    Government Fee $298.50
    Proc/Doc Fee $179.81
    Total Payment $389.93

Thank you.

.00086 MF
    $1750 dealer lease cash
    $500 customer bonus

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, I'm in Chicago. The dealer got back to me with the same info you provided, his original numbers must have been for fair credit?

"The money due is taxes, first payment, plates, registration, Doc Fee, Includes Chicago taxes. Money factor is 0.00086 for excellent credit. Residual value is 51% or $14795."

Thanks.
    I can't look into their mind to see why they gave you that quote. Good to see you got it straightened out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vqpowrvqpowr Member Posts: 10
    Made a deal today Pure White GLI 35th with DSG, 39/12 366 a month with just first payment down and they are making my last lease payment on my Nissan.
    vqpowr said:

Made a deal today Pure White GLI 35th with DSG, 39/12 366 a month with just first payment down and they are making my last lease payment on my Nissan.

Congats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dcan87dcan87 Member Posts: 28
    For those on the East Coast still looking for a GLI, here is deal I was quoted:

The MSRP and lack of incentives on the GLI pushed me towards a different option so I could trade-in my old car and still be in budget.

Really hope they keep the GLI going so I can grab one in 2021!
    2020 KIA Forte GT | 2019 Hyundai Kona AWD Ultimate | 2014 Chevy Sonic LT
  • FindmybluebikeFindmybluebike Member Posts: 34
    Hello, can I get MF, resid and incwentives for GLI Autobahn and 35th anniv for 36/12? zip code 20851

Hello, can I get MF, resid and incwentives for GLI Autobahn and 35th anniv for 36/12? zip code 20851

.00086 MF and 52% residual
    $500 dealer lease cash

+$500 customer bonus on 35th only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Wc1972Wc1972 Member Posts: 5
    Lease Jetta GLI autobahn mf rv for 24/10 36/10 36/12 area code 40206
    Wc1972 said:

Lease Jetta GLI autobahn mf rv for 24/10 36/10 36/12 area code 40206

.00086 MF
    60%/53% residual for 24/36 mo, 10K/yr
    $1750 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• j_bizzyj_bizzy Member Posts: 62
    may i please have the res, mf, and incentives for 2019 GLI AUTOBAHN DSG zip 11370 for 36/10 and 39/10.
    Thank you
    j_bizzy said:

may i please have the res, mf, and incentives for 2019 GLI AUTOBAHN DSG zip 11370 for 36/10 and 39/10.
    Thank you

.00086 MF
    53%/51% residual
    $1700 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Keitaro310Keitaro310 Member Posts: 10
    Hi there, may I have the MF, residual, incentives for a 2019 GLI Authobahn both manual and DSG for 90503 36mo/10k miles or 39/10k which ever one is better? Thank you!

Hi there, may I have the MF, residual, incentives for a 2019 GLI Authobahn both manual and DSG for 90503 36mo/10k miles or 39/10k which ever one is better? Thank you!

.00086 and 53% / 51%
    $850 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ManualDevoteeManualDevotee Member Posts: 3

Zip code 32506
    2019 Jetta GLI (Autobahn & 35 Anniv. trims), Manual
    36mos/10k & 36mos/12k

Thank you!