Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

AC flashes on and off HELP!

07Lexus07Lexus Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Lexus
I have a 2007 Lexus ES350. When I'm driving in town, the ac button flashes and the air coming out gets warm...when I'm driving on the freeway and I turn the ac on - it's works fine. Help!! Do I need new Freon or what?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The owners manual wasn't much help. It only says:
    When the indicator light on flashes
    Touch and turn off the air conditioning system before turning it on once
    more. There may be a problem in the air conditioning system if the indicator light
    continues to flash

Doesn't tell what the issue might be. Looks like they want you to try the "cable company solution" and turn it off and back on as a first try at getting thing right.

Since you say it functions when you're on the highway, It might be all you have going on is a blocked/clogged condenser.The highway speed moves enough air to keep things from overheating and shutting down the AC. When you're going slower around town, there's not enough air moving through.

Here's a video about cleaning an AC condenser. Not on a Lexus, but it should give you some idea of what's involved and shows how gunked up they can get with bugs and various road junk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INC2Y2Hrhs
  • Options
    07Lexus07Lexus Member Posts: 2
    Thenks so much for your ideas...I'll try that to see if I can figure out what's going on. :)