Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    I like how the US vs Canadian market weirdness is still a thing. I think MB does it best, offering numerous models in Canada not seen south of the border, and with significantly different options structures.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I wonder if all this black inside is about covering up cheap materials? On the outside, my personal experience has been that white is actually easier to keep looking good than black, even in northern winter climates.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    Yes, my experience is that black may not show accumulated dirt on the seats from the occupants clothing, but shows every speck of dust, lint and hair.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    My wife likes coffee. Regularly, she likes to share it with the interior. Black works pretty well for us.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    edited August 2019
    Black leather seems to hide most soil sins the best. Black cloth can look spotted, faded and dingy. And, yes all lint and everything else shows on the upholstery and carpet. And it is dark and hot. Did I say HOT?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

I also think black hides cheap quality plastic better than beige, or even grey.
    Every single rental car I've had in Germany has been equipped with black interior, making me once think it was a German thing. But it is probably just an easy cleaning thing - the dust is easy to wipe off, and the real dirt is harder to see.

On the road today - 2x new GLE, Corolla hatch, Mazda 3 non-blind spot edition, new Panamera, new A8 at work.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    My favorite combo is dark floors, but light seats and headliner. Best of both worlds, IMO.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Saw my first Gladiator in the wild. This one was a medium gray Rubicon.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX

Someone at work has a CT6 completely blacked out. A friend of mine loved the CT6 he test drove, but the local dealer played hardball so bad he walked away and right into the Lincoln dealer, who was more than willing to move some metal.

Saw an i-Pace or whatever the electric Jag CUV is called.
    I'm kind of surprised that either one of those dealers can successfully play hardball in the PNW metro areas. More about German's and Japan in that segment.
    I don't think they do it successfully. At the time my friend was interested, the CT6 hybrid model he wanted was new and rare, so they played hardball. Check resale on those, my friend is now considering a used one, as he has another car (Fusion, sibling to his MKZ but he doesn't like it) he wants to get out of.
    berri said:

I'm kind of surprised that either one of those dealers can successfully play hardball in the PNW metro areas. More about German's and Japan in that segment.

If I recall he had some initial issues with the MKZ and with this being his second one, I imagine he is getting bored with it and ready for a change. I remember replacing my 96 Mazda Millenia 24 mo lease for a 98 Millenia purchase, and being meh. Though nothing wrong with the car I replaced it within 16 months.

Yep, my friend had a bunch of MKZ teething issues, but the dealer set it right and the car has been flawless since. He actually likes the thing, and I think plans to keep it for awhile, but the Fusion bought as a commuter or something for his other half hasn't warmed his heart. The MKZ is green on green and has virtually all options, probably a pretty rare car.

Spotted a new SL63 yesterday evening.
    sda said:

If I recall he had some initial issues with the MKZ and with this being his second one, I imagine he is getting bored with it and ready for a change. I remember replacing my 96 Mazda Millenia 24 mo lease for a 98 Millenia purchase, and being meh. Though nothing wrong with the car I replaced it within 16 months.

Saw a new style Soul GT today, don't recall having seen one on the road before.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    ab348 said:

stickguy said:

VW Aereton (sp?) Nice car. looks sharp, comfy. Not cheap. Probably won't sell many.

Arteon. I saw my first ahead of me in traffic just yesterday. Nice-looking design, but knowing the price point I had to ask myself "Why would anyone buy one of those?".
    I can vouch that the leather in the expensive VW is far better than that in the most expensive Tiguan (SLE Premium).
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    Saw a new Honda Passport. Supposed to be more off roady than a Pilot and the body does look like it sits higher, but the rear lower control arms are very low. Kind of reminds me of the 2006-2010 Explorer rear suspension.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Dammit, son, I told you to leave the Bentley at home!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Once again, Mazda answers the question nobody asked with the intro of the CX-5 Diesel. Only $4100 more than the top of the line 2L Turbo gas model, with less HP and torque, and just 3 mpg more! I'm sure these will be flying off the lots... :open_mouth:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2019-mazda-cx-5-signature-diesel-awd-review/

For all intents and purposes, I think diesel is dead in the NA market for passenger cars and CUVs.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    Yesterday, 3 telluride and a palisade. I think hyunkia is doing k with these jumbos. Nice looking, and imposing. Really do appear bigger than they actually are.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Came upon a unusual looking car that I first thought was some kind of sporty Tesla from behind It was a Lexus CL500 I saw as I got closer. Hadn't seen one before. Kind of odd to me, but different strokes for different folks. While its back profile looked Tesla, the side view of the greenhouse almost looked like an old Saturn coupe model.
    They aren't really that big. My Enclave is bigger inside.. or at least feels that way.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,705
    I take it you mean the LC500...
  • DaverceeDavercee Member Posts: 101
    "Came upon a unusual looking car that I first thought was some kind of sporty Tesla from behind It was a Lexus CL500 I saw as I got closer. Hadn't seen one before. Kind of odd to me, but different strokes for different folks. While its back profile looked Tesla, the side view of the greenhouse almost looked like an old Saturn coupe model."

My first time to hear of this. Might want to see it in action.
    Yep texases, I think it did say LC500. Guess I'm getting dyslexic with age :o
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    kyfdx said:

Dammit, son, I told you to leave the Bentley at home!

I would have dad, but you took the 458 Italia! Mom!!! (who probably took the M1...)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Seen a few e-trons on the road over the past few days. All black or grey, so you know it’s German. Basically looks like a Q8; I’m not sure that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I think the Q8 looks good. Sportier than a Q7.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Agreed. I'm not saying the Q8 is bad. I'm saying they look nearly identical. I bet the sales guy at the dealer walks up to a Q8 with the e-tron key all the time. And vice versa. They are the same size.

Saw a Lambo Uterus today, maybe not the vehicle I'd want to be in if the nation ever recovers from TEM syndrome.
    fintail said:

Saw a Lambo Uterus today, maybe not the vehicle I'd want to be in if the nation ever recovers from TEM syndrome.

What a horrible name for a vehicle. Lol

Agreed!

The name is actually Urus, still an awful name. Must have lost something in the translation.

Yes, "uterus" is me making fun of the name. Not exactly a pretty thing, either. Money and class/taste/sense diverge again, makes a Bentayga look downright attractive.
    The seem to like those odd names. The Murcielago always reminded me of

Saw my first A220, hear it's an improvement.
    My neighbor has one. Inside looks better than a CLA, but it's had an airbag problem twice.
    She has it back again but drove a loaner for about 6 of the first 8 weeks.
    I've seen fewer A sedans than I expected. I like the style more than the CLA. CLA will have a significant facelift for MY2020.
    When I see A220, I think of the new commercial jet Airbus acquired from Bombardier that was developed in Canada. Noticed Air Canada will start using that aircraft on some routes into Seattle. Maybe a bit of a slap at Boeing and their attempt to harm that aircraft with out of bounds tariff requests?
    Saw another X7 on the road today, still quite unpretty to my eyes, and that's relative to its already unpretty class. That grille, ugh.

I don't think Boeing is in its best position ever right now.
    ...but the CEO is still on board hauling in millions in salary and benefits
    "Talent" must be retained and rewarded lol

Driving on Route 17 in NJ today, saw a McLaren dealership.
    Also , I think I saw a Urus in CT.

Driving on Route 17 in NJ today, saw a McLaren dealership.
    Also , I think I saw a Urus in CT.

We were very close to each other yesterday... I was on 17 in Hasbrouck Heights.

I remember see the Hasbrouck Heights sign.
    The new fad of blinking CHMSLs is driving me nuts, the exact kind of idiotic pensive thing one expects to find on RAV4s, CRVs, Civrollas, etc - which is almost always where they are seen here. I've seen them on a couple new Dodge Journey (still in production?!!) too.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    fintail said:

The new fad of blinking CHMSLs is driving me nuts, the exact kind of idiotic pensive thing one expects to find on RAV4s, CRVs, Civrollas, etc - which is almost always where they are seen here. I've seen them on a couple new Dodge Journey (still in production?!!) too.

Just another way for the dealer to reach into your wallet. My local VW dealer is charging $500 for that $10 piece of technology

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Paranoid people will pay good money for the false pretense of "safety". Probably big with new hoverparents too.
    Michaell said:

Just another way for the dealer to reach into your wallet. My local VW dealer is charging $500 for that $10 piece of technology