Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Trooper TOD and 4WD Problems

2»

Comments

• fitter1fitter1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm buying my first trooper. It's a '98 with tod. I'm used to driving jeeps and don't understand this

system. Went to test drive one today and the gauge cluster had all 4 wheels illuminated. What

does this mean. Also tried to shift from high to low and it felt like it was stuck.... Can someone

explain to me how this is supposed to work. I keep reading about a button but I didn't see one.

Also the ABS light was on and in searching thru forums it sounds like these things go hand in hand. Any help from an experienced trooper owner would be awesome or what warning signs I should look for before buying.

Thanks Mike
  • isu4wdisu4wd Member Posts: 1
    When attempting to engage automatic 4wd today in wet conditions, I felt the front wheels start to pull especially on the right. A short while ago after reviewing the owner's manual about 4wd, I took the vehicle out & again attempted to actuate auto 4wd. The green lights were flashing and the vehicle did not want to go in 4wd. I was involved in a minor front end collision a few month's back so, perhaps that might have something to do w/ it. The crux, is though, when it's not in 4wd, it drives good. Any suggestion's or thought's on what to do? Thanks
  • AnnaLawson1064AnnaLawson1064 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 98 Isuzu Trooper that the four-wheel drive light is blinking the four wheel drive works high and low but I'm wondering why the light is blinking
  • AnnaLawson1064AnnaLawson1064 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 98 Isuzu Trooper that the four-wheel drive light is blinking the four wheel drive works high and low but I'm wondering why the light is blinking
  • Trooper876Trooper876 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, so I have been followi g the entire conversation from 2008. But I haven't seen anyone with my problem.

So when. I engage the TOD, my trooper starts to give a high vibration as if there is a shaft problem.

In 4Lo it's fine. In 2Hi it's fine even with the shaft connected, but once I select TOD, if starts to vibrate about about 30km/h.

Any ideas?