Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543

At 123 days on the lot, they must be choking on that thing.

That might explain why they want to unload it.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    Could be a good find.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • unpackhumunpackhum Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2019
    I have a 2009 TL with the GPS package. Black/black.
    62.5k miles. The standard drive. Perfect maintenance.
    In very good/excellent physical appearance - will have it buffed and detailed before listing it to deal with clear coat scratches, etc.
    The drivers seat cover is separating barely on the seat, left and right rear corners. (I.e., I see a thin line of white showing).
    Can take pictures and show that, as well as the car if desired.

Currently the dealership service told me I should change the drive belt, as I am in a hot climate (NV) and they recommended that at 60k miles.
    Will alert buyers to this fact, and let the new owner deal with that as they see fit.
    Everything else is fine (and as far as I know, the drive belt is fine. At least, no problems with it while driving that I can discern).

Interested in opinions as to what price I can get for this.
    NOTE PLEASE - I do not want another car - I will not be replacing this car.
    But I guess a dealer purchase price of my car will give me a bottom line.
    I'm mainly interested in what I can get from a private buyer.

Thank you.
    @unpackhum,
    Belt also might to be replaced due to age.
    Not sure what 'the standard drive' means.
    Just in case, post your general location.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    unpackhum said:

In very good/excellent physical appearance - will have it buffed and detailed before listing it to deal with clear coat scratches, etc.
    The drivers seat cover is separating barely on the seat, left and right rear corners. (I.e., I see a thin line of white showing).

Currently the dealership service told me I should change the drive belt, as I am in a hot climate (NV) and they recommended that at 60k miles.
    Will alert buyers to this fact, and let the new owner deal with that as they see fit.
    Everything else is fine (and as far as I know, the drive belt is fine. At least, no problems with it while driving that I can discern).

Thank you.

Black over black in nevada likely explains the seat issues. By standard, I assume you mean FWD. By gps, do you mean Tech trim? If so, you’re looking at maybe $7500 trade, possibly $8500-$9k from carvana/vroom, and $10k’ish private party. But, given the low miles, you could start at $11,995 and see what happens.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Those Acuras still had a timing belt. Probably due for that due to being 10+ years old, if it hasn't already been done.
  • Alwayzl8ziAlwayzl8zi Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone traded in a BMW M4 lately? I have a '16 M4, with 8900 miles. Performance package with carbon fiber roof and interior and BBS wheels. Trying to get a ballpark range.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    Location, color, transmission?
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

Has anyone traded in a BMW M4 lately? I have a '16 M4, with 8900 miles. Performance package with carbon fiber roof and interior and BBS wheels. Trying to get a ballpark range.

Interior/Exterior Condition?

Any accidents?

Any paint work done?

How much tread is left on those tires?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

M4 Car is in perfect condition, clean CarFax, plenty of tread left on the tires. Original paint (sandstone metallic) with ceramic coat and Xpel applied.
    Forgot to add NorCal, DCT automatic transmission.
    M4: Depending on dealer, anywhere from $46k-$48k is possible.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

@unpackhum,
    Belt also might to be replaced due to age.
    Not sure what 'the standard drive' means.
    Just in case, post your general location.

Thank you for your response.

I'm in NV.
    The car is a 2009 TL Tech (Just dug out the original window sticker).
    280h 3.5 Liter SOHC 24-Valve VTEC V6 Engine
    5-Speed Auto Trans with Sequential SportShift

I don't see any further info on the drive.
    edited August 2019
    qbrozen said:

unpackhum said:

Thank you.

Black over black in nevada likely explains the seat issues. By standard, I assume you mean FWD. By gps, do you mean Tech trim? If so, you’re looking at maybe $7500 trade, possibly $8500-$9k from carvana/vroom, and $10k’ish private party. But, given the low miles, you could start at $11,995 and see what happens.
    Thanks for your response.

"Black over black in nevada likely explains the seat issues"
    Good news for me on the seat. I was seeing tissue that had gotten jammed into the rear of the driver's seat on both sides - I had glanced at it (I normally keep the seat covered with a towel) and thought I was seeing a break in the upholstery.
    The seat is fine it turns out.

"By standard, I assume you mean FWD. By gps, do you mean Tech trim?"

The car is a 2009 TL Tech (Just dug out the original window sticker).
    280h 3.5 Liter SOHC 24-Valve VTEC V6 Engine
    5-Speed Auto Trans with Sequential SportShift.

I don't see any other specifics on the drive. Does that mean as you suspected it is FWD?
    Does that stand for Front Wheel Drive, and the other possibility is AWD (All Wheel Drive)?

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    unpackhum said:

I don't see any other specifics on the drive. Does that mean as you suspected it is FWD?
    Does that stand for Front Wheel Drive, and the other possibility is AWD (All Wheel Drive)?

Yes, and yes.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    This NISMO was a corporate vehicle out of TN; I don't know if it went to an external auction or a Nissan only auction(like BMW sometimes does IIRC). The price still seems high, however.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Forgot to add NorCal, DCT automatic transmission.

M4s with three pedals are thin on the ground.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

This NISMO was a corporate vehicle out of TN; I don't know if it went to an external auction or a Nissan only auction(like BMW sometimes does IIRC). The price still seems high, however.

The phrase “automatic NISMO” makes angels lose their wings.

It crossed the block at $35,200.

Thanks! As I said in the CCBA topic, next week I'll be in northern KY for a meeting. I may leave early and look at a 2019 370Z NISMO; it's a Nissan corporate vehicle. My wife really likes it but it's an automatic, which I think just doesn't suit a Z Car. Plus, I suspect it can't match a ZF 8HP. Oh well, can't hurt to look. I keep hoping an aggressively priced CPO M2 will turn up, but that's an extreme long shot.

• budsbrotherbudsbrother Member Posts: 36
    For a lady I work with. Looking to buy 2018 Hyundai Kona SEL AWD, 14,800 miles, white, moonroof (Tech package maybe?) at a New Hampshire Toyota dealer. Carfax says personal lease.
    Looking to trade 2013 Hyundai Accent GS hatchback, 64,000 miles, automatic, alloy wheels, call it average condition, tires about a year old. And it's that very green color they had that year.
    The dealer is asking $19,990 for the Kona, so she's trying to get an idea of what she can expect to pay. Thanks in advance.
    Kona is already marked way down. Very little profit there. Expect about $3500 for the Accent.

She did REALLY well

@budsbrother,
    Hopefully she is you boss and you'll get a great next review. ;)
  • sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    Q. This Volvo V90 intrigues me. They are rare and I've yet to see one in the flesh, but what is a reasonable price for something like this?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Volvo-V90-T6/283581721665?hash=item4206c9ac41:g:vjoAAOSwPW9dTffD

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

edited August 2019
    Funny enough, even so rare, 16 have gone through Manheim in the past 30 days.

About $41.2k average, so that one is a great deal.

Love that color

Agreed on the color! Strange that there are no interior photos at all. Plus, the photos in general are terrible - they all have strange angles that skew the viewers perspective on the car.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    oh man I love that Volvo. Would buy one of those for sure.

with the ride height and cladding, wouldn't that actually be a CrossCountry model? Or do they not use that name for the V90?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

It is a CC.
    If you click through to their site, you’ll find all the photos

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    Yes the CC is an option package. There was a sweet example in the showroom yesterday.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    Hi, I am in CA and leased a 2017 Toyota Highlander SE silver/black. I currently have 36k miles and am wondering how much I could get for a trade at a dealer. Would a Toyota dealer give more than another make? It has been serviced and maintained at the dealer where leased. I have leased 7 vehicles and this is the first time I am over on miles. I have never kept vehicles for the term and always trade in or sell to private party. It has been in one accident two weeks after I got it. Cost $4k for repairs. Mostly because they replaced factory parts and had to paint rear lift gate and bumper. If I need tires how much more would I get if I replaced them? Is it worth it?
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    Forgot to mention FWD
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    I suspect returning it at lease end would be best given the prior accident damage.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

yortiz said:

Hi, I am in CA and leased a 2017 Toyota Highlander SE silver/black. I currently have 36k miles and am wondering how much I could get for a trade at a dealer. Would a Toyota dealer give more than another make? It has been serviced and maintained at the dealer where leased. I have leased 7 vehicles and this is the first time I am over on miles. I have never kept vehicles for the term and always trade in or sell to private party. It has been in one accident two weeks after I got it. Cost $4k for repairs. Mostly because they replaced factory parts and had to paint rear lift gate and bumper. If I need tires how much more would I get if I replaced them? Is it worth it?

Prior paintwork is always a wildcard. You may be in the mid $23k range. Possibly higher, possibly lower, depending on how the used car manager feels about that history.

Get yourself buy bids from vroom and carvana, and see how that stacks up against your current buyout.

• lectricmanlectricman Member Posts: 10
    Hello all. Just found this thread. Any idea on trade in value for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel? It has 126k miles, white exterior with blue/brown interior with advanced package. The front bumper was hit at under 5mph when my wife backed into it in the driveway. Don't ask! Two insurance claims. I'm in Baltimore, MD. Thanks, Howard

Hello all. Just found this thread. Any idea on trade in value for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel? It has 126k miles, white exterior with blue/brown interior with advanced package. The front bumper was hit at under 5mph when my wife backed into it in the driveway. Don't ask! Two insurance claims. I'm in Baltimore, MD. Thanks, Howard

Under 5mph? So there should have been no damage, right?

If it was really just a respray on the bumper, I'd guess $12k. As usual, it is very tough to judge something blind that has had paintwork.

Thanks for the value. No it wasn't a respray. She was backing out of the garage and my car was parked there to unload something. Before I could yell STOP, bang. Knocked it good and tore a hole in it from a bolt underneath. Also bent the fender a bit. Bumper was replaced and painted and the fender was repaired and feathered in to the door panel.

Thanks for the value. No it wasn't a respray. She was backing out of the garage and my car was parked there to unload something. Before I could yell STOP, bang. Knocked it good and tore a hole in it from a bolt underneath. Also bent the fender a bit. Bumper was replaced and painted and the fender was repaired and feathered in to the door panel.

Ooh... way more than 5mph. Metalwork is even worse. Well, you can HOPE for $12k. Could be worse, though, thanks to that fender.

Good to know my wife isn't the only one who did that. She got into my car which was parked behind her SUV, realized my car had no gas, then proceeded to get into her SUV (equipped with a backup camera and parking sensors), start it up, put it in reverse, hit the gas and backed right into my car. I bought myself a new front bumper & grille.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

No it was under 5mph. Literally about 7' apart and she backed out slowly. It certainly showed the difference between a VW Touareg rear bumper(almost no damage) compared to a jeep front bumper.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    Doesn't matter. Metal work vs just a bumper cover repaint is a bigger hit.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

Doesn't matter. Metal work vs just a bumper cover repaint is a bigger hit.

Literally.
    I'm getting 3k back from Jeep due to their own dieselgate(thanks to VW) so I can add that to the value. I got 11k from VW for my TDI Touareg. These diesels really do pay for themselves don't they.
    nyccarguy said:

Good to know my wife isn't the only one who did that. She got into my car which was parked behind her SUV, realized my car had no gas, then proceeded to get into her SUV (equipped with a backup camera and parking sensors), start it up, put it in reverse, hit the gas and backed right into my car. I bought myself a new front bumper & grille.

I know I shouldn't, but this got me laughing so hard, I had to put down my tea for fear of spraying it across my monitor!
    xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

I know I shouldn't, but this got me laughing so hard, I had to put down my tea for fear of spraying it across my monitor!
    The part about the whole ordeal that made me mad was the fact that I just knew someone was going to clip my shiny new bumper once I got it painted and perfect. It lasted about 3 months.

edited August 2019
    @qbrozen,
    Good new, bad news.
    Have a buyer for my 2017 Fusion, but it is my sister in law.
    She wants it for the same reason I have it, backup vehicle and when family comes to visit they can use it.
    In CT.
    Grey exterior, black interior.
    Just under 20k miles.
    Dealer service every 6 months or 5K.
    No accidents, a few chips on the nose, no door dings.
    Lux and Tech packages, so heated leather seats, touch screen, Apple/Android 'car play', LED headlights/fogs/taillights, reverse sensing and rear camera.
    Power moonroof and upgraded 'Mach' wheels.
    Also have B to B Ford warranty for the next 22 months.
    A pic or 2.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

@qbrozen,
    Good new, bad news.
    Have a buyer for my 2017 Fusion, but it is my sister in law.
    She wants it for the same reason I have it, backup vehicle and when family comes to visit they can use it.
    In CT.
    Grey exterior, black interior.
    Just under 20k miles.
    Dealer service every 6 months or 5K.
    No accidents, a few chips on the nose, no door dings.
    Lux and Tech packages, so heated leather seats, touch screen, Apple/Android 'car play', LED headlights/fogs/taillights, reverse sensing and rear camera.
    Power moonroof and upgraded 'Mach' wheels.
    Also have B to B Ford warranty for the next 22 months.
    A pic or 2.

Sounds like an "as-is" type of sale, even if it has lemon-like reliability insist it is as-is.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    so what is she giving you for it?

• waffle_slothwaffle_sloth Member Posts: 3
    Hi all! I came across this thread while attempting to figure out what a reasonable price would be on a used 2019 BMW 430i xDrive Gran Coupe with ~1000 miles.

2019 BMW 430i xDrive Gran Coupe
    Pre-owned (not CPO, not a service loaner, not an executive demo)
    ~1000 miles
    Located in New England
    Clean Carfax
    M sport package
    Driving assistance package
    Head up display
    MSRP $55,000 according to dealer
    Asking price $42,500

I’m tempted because >20% off MSRP seems like a decent deal for a low mileage car with basically all the options I want, in the color I like. On the other hand, I’m concerned that there’s something wrong with the car other than buyer’s remorse. And this one wouldn’t be eligible for any incentives as far as I know, though there really aren’t any new 2019s left near me so not sure if that’s a fair comparison.

Any idea what price I should aim for? Thanks in advance!
    There are massive leasing incentives on the 2019 4-series. Couple that with 20% discount on a loaner, and you could be 30% off on one of those. So make sure you do all your homework on what you’d qualify for on a new/loaner. And, given that, I would want to be 30% off that one, if not more.